Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Hentai Stuff

Notices

Old 12-31-2017, 08:30 PM   #1
Valaska
Forum Member

Default [Game: Unity] PFF: Avarice

Hullo Neko Sentai! Team member of Team Dead Deer here bring you the tech demo we've recently assembled!

Avarice is set in the world of the webcomic Price For Freedom by ArbuzBudesh. Set in the same region Avarice will share locations but primarily will be set in the neighbouring Kaldea several decades in the past. But this will be a great place to learn quite a bit more on the lore of comic! A top down RPG inspired by classic games such as Baldurs Gate, we will have quite a lot in the way of writing, quests, choices, and a deep overacting narrative which will kick off in the second chapter.

The game will feature three planned companions that you will be able to build relationships with and instead of fading to black like in DA/ME/BD and others we will get... Lewd. Current planned companions are;

1. Samara: An energetic, plucky island Elf with a past marked with scraping by and eking out a living with hear spear. She's in a tight spot and could use an accomplice, and a friend.
  2. Hiho: A travelling Naga priestess devoted to the Lizard Folk religion of Halmech. Timid, a tad shy hides an exceptionally brilliant and indomitable will. She lacks the initiative and decisiveness which you can bring for her.
  3. Osh'To: A massive scarred Ogre woman with a calm and relaxed demeanor. She is light hearted, kind in nature. Once an experienced and hardened mercenary, she looks to you for adventure and distraction from her past.

If multiple romantic dalliances with these ladies doesn't seem enough fear not! A myriad of dalliances and trysts, one night stands, with Humans, Elves, Ogrish, Lizard Folk, and possibly depending on interest BeastFolk in the future! Some of these will be quest bound or simply based on a long standing built relationship with the character. Others can be bought with the simple flip of the coin.

Current Public Release: PD1.
If you consider this project promising, consider supporting us on our Patreon.
If you would like to join the discussion and give feedback feel free to drop by ourDiscord!

Thank you for taking the time to read out announcement! Or thank you for ignoring all my babbling and going straight for the link, either way we here ad TDD wish you a happy new year!

This demo was rushed out in a matter of weeks sort of as a test to see just if we could manage to do that! And it worked out, for the most part! Combat as it stands is not finished and is simply a mock up of what will be a much more deeper (and functional!) system. Typo's have been hunted down and stamped out and I am currently on the second draft of dialogue for the world dialogues which includes a rewrite to Samara's personality.

I am really excited to bring this to you guys, I have been a pretty avid lurker and am thrilled to actually provide something for you guys! If you guys like what you see please consider coming to our discord to chat or even helping us on Patreon! Its greatly appreciated and every bit counts as we are a small team with one hell of an artist and programmer on board! Hah, sorry I get a little gushy when it comes to throwing praise to Deck and Arbuz.

Anywho! I hope you guys have an amazing new years and I look forward to hearing from you guys in the future! We are considering more and better Patreon rewards but its been so busy getting the second character! I wish I could give you guy's a "Sneeek" peek at who won the vote, but you guys will have to just wait and "Sssee!"

(No she won't talk that way xD)

Old 02-17-2018, 05:52 PM   #2
Valaska
Forum Member

We've been making quite a bit of progress in this project so far and I'm happy bring it to you guys and gals here.

Patreon Release No.1!

We managed to, on time, bring out patrons their first Patron build and introduce our second companion character and the framework for her first quest! This introduced two new locations to the game, the Old Docks and Slag Den. We managed to work a Step Based Quest Progression blockout system for quests that may have multiple objects, NPC's, or locations to visit in either a set or random order, plenty of new random NPC sprites (not animated yet though). A few things will need to be tweaked and added at a later date but other than art we have all the assets ready.

And with that, I bring you our second companion! Hiho!

Hiho, priestess of Halmech.

By popular vote Hiho won our patron based poll as the next companion to be added. The fourth companion is now in a locked in as a brawling ogre gal. But more on Hiho, she can be found at the steps of the Church of Halmech just by the obelisk. She's lost a very sentimental and dear object and hasn't had much luck in finding it herself, which is where you come in. We're making the framework of the relationship system with Hiho and tracking for choices that will impact and change the way the companions and supporting characters in the world, will react to your decisions in the game.

We are introducing a couple more enemy types and doing pioneer work on the rigging of Naga's tails and movement which will be fairly important as they're fairly popular to the region of Atlathka and the Kaldean gulf. Oh and before I forget a sneak peak. These are fully animated scenes of course, we're not pulling any any Visual Novel stuff here and as planned every lewd scene (even minors) will have a fully animated component to it.

Future Updates/Development Updates

And speaking of minor lewd scenes, Aya won the patron poll for one of two minor characters added to the project.

Aya, Professional monster slayer.

Professional monster slayer, crossbreed, and soon to be an NPC with her own related quest! Though not a companion she will be well fleshed out and an interesting bit of the game. She will be joined by the second minor character in the next patron update, have this sneak peak to the scenes.

And I'd be remiss not to mention a few of the things our programmer and the team in general has been doing to build and improve our development process. As mentioned before we have created a block system which allows us to quickly and rapidly develop quests that have steps of either random, or set order with multiple talking points for each step. This can come in handy in "read the book" kind of quests you may be familiar with other projects where you need to read X amount of books in a library and it doesn't matter which order. But this allows us a bit more flexibility when tackling these quests.

Our programmer (Deck) has also finished creating a bespoke dialogue node editor for us writers to use. Its very front end easy to read and is an exceptionally powerful tool which will allow us writers to quickly implement, flesh out, alter, or edit dialogue and even set up quests. This will also allow us to quickly react to suggestions/critique from our community members. Pop on discord if you'd like to, as we would love to have you guys around!

Node based Dialogue:
Spoiler: show

Animated Props

Last Round of girls voted on (Aya, Margo, Tiss, Ko'Moon)

New Locations

We look forward to bringing you all more in the future.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:09 PM   #3
Valaska
Forum Member

Public Test Build 1: https://www.patreon.com/posts/public-tech-demo-15996183 (No updates just yet! Sorry)
Patron Build 2: https://www.patreon.com/posts/17302034 (Aya & Verona)

Patron Build 2

(forgive Paint.net's magic tool, leaves some of the white on for some reason! But ONE of these girl's don't mind)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aya & Verona.png
Views:	5
Size:	700.4 KB
ID:	189502

It's a tinge light of an update, unless what you were looking for was two brand new lewd scenes! Veron's Saucy Cook and Aya's Monster Gambit dialogue & quest are currently available. These two gals were shown above and can be accessed through a quest where you need to wager and kill more monster than the other, or by being sneaky enough to get back into the kitchen after you've made a name for yourself in Kaldea! (Aka, complete a companions quest)

What we have done which was pretty large was prep and begin utilizing our brand new node based dialogue editor I imaged above! It took the girth of our programming resources and should increase the quality of our writing from this point on by quite a bit! Give it a whirl with Aya and Verona and see if we've improved.

Patron Build 3 Roadmap

We have a bunch in store for whats coming in Patron Build 3, we'll be adding in the brothel and you can vote right now which girl will be featured first! Our next lewd scene with be with one of these lovely ladies,
  • Nailah the exotic nubian jackal girl from deep in the Redlands. Her oratory skill is only matched by her oral skills otherwise, women mastered in the pleasure arts such as her come rarely... and at high cost.
  • Terri, formerly a farmers daughter who got well sick of the farmlife, though finds herself unfortunately running the bulk of the Brothels errands and such as the new girl. Oh, and tan lines.
  • Katie, a plucky little scrapper who takes a measure of joy in her work. She's a veteran of the house and has served jovially for quite sometime.

If you'd like to vote on your favorite you'll need our $5 and up patron, or just shout at me here. It might not do much for this vote of course but we'll take into consideration if we should consider the others as well. Programming wise we have a little work to do so we writers can generate JSON's on our own for the node editor rather than creating a JSON and then adding it too the tree.

Combat will be a big part of our focus for Patron 3, its a lot of work to get it right so hopefully we'll be able to get it in for said update as well but it may delay into Patron 4 to get our combat system to what we want it to be. A big thing with this combat will be getting the UI to be very presentable and polished, and of course make it fun & challenging. Here's an early concept from way back in development, much has changed from it but it gets a feel for some of what we're doing.

Name:	combar1-cheat.png
Views:	8
Size:	617.9 KB
ID:	189504

The enemy AI are the ones who use the card deck, there's bee A LOT of confusing about haha. They will get a deck at the beginning of combat which we are thinking will flash briefly for about 3-5 seconds so you can see what the first AI hand will be like, this will allow you to see and briefly prepare for the upcoming onslaught by the AI. Several monsters and enemies will have their own unique special attack cards... While bosses will have radically unique cards.

It's an interesting bit to work into an AI for a game but we think it has a lot of potential. In general these are some points we want to touch on in our near future. Note the majority of these probably aren't in the next update of course, and I have generally written in the jist of mechanics we want in priority order.
  • Node Dialogue 2.0
  • Combat Mechanics
  • Combat AI Decks
  • Inventory System
  • Fully Animated NPC Sprites
  • Relationship Tracking
  • Tarot Reader (Tells you stats etc)
  • Game Introduction (With CG)
On our "Maybe?" list we have these.
  • Environment Hazards
  • Multiple Outfits
  • Stealth/Sneak options

Not too sure if we want to actually work on these just yet. We've bounced the idea around for these options and even have a little gimmick in to show us if we want to work on a detection/sneak mechanic. These are all very theoretical. Nothing too crazy yet but we'll see where we get with this list. Also expect more music to come!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	brothel-girls.png
Views:	8
Size:	854.1 KB
ID:	189503  
Old 04-06-2018, 02:53 AM   #4
Valaska
Forum Member

Some big news will be coming from us soon! But just letting you all we're sitting on our fingers over here at TeamDeadDeer! Here's a teensy taste!

Name:	4896e15faa0d9f8fcb50ef2603626b19.png
Views:	7
Size:	322.1 KB
ID:	189848
Old 04-08-2018, 01:25 PM   #5
Jablue
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Oh damn. I'm glad I stumbled upon this little gem. Just got done catching up on pff, too. Keep it up and you might just have another patron.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jablue For This Useful Post:
Valaska (04-08-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 09:47 PM   #6
Valaska
Forum Member

Patron Build 3 has just hit our Patrons with a public update to follow in a week or so!

Patron Build 3

Narrative/Events:

We are introducing our the first brothel of Avarice, the high class and sophisticated Velvet Oasis! Esther has given the name Velvet Oasis based on the particular "qualities" of the girls she likes to keep in stock, which are almost completely Aeylmen, Aeylvish, or Aeylgre!

"In the hell is an Aeyl, Valaska?" Glad you didn't ask but I pretended you did! An Aeyl is the prefix added to the myriad of mysterious hybrid species in the world of Price For Freedom. The origins of the Aeyl aren't understood by the vast majority of people in this world but there may be a few scraps of knowledge to be found on them in the future. Suffice it to say, the velvet soft featured they tend to have paired with the fact this is a respite in the hustle and bustle of Kaldea aptly name the Velvet Oasis. It will be in a temporary location until the trade district is finished.

The Velvet Oasis will have a NPC's you can speak with but the only two with any depth right now are Esther, the buxom dark madame and propriety of the Velvet Oasis. The other being Katie! Who will have a couple CG's with lewd scenes. She's a girl for hire though so expect to pay!

Features/Mechanics:

Name:	Combat Abilities.gif
Views:	3
Size:	5.51 MB
ID:	189879

This build marks our very first combat pass. This essentially means we are now beginning to build the proper mechanics, balance, and improve the user experience with the UI etc. Sound effects are definitely a part of the user experience that will be coming in the future as well.

We've included:

Initial Balancing
Abilities now work
Card Interactions (Remove, view)
Card Removal (Only AI use Cards btw!)
UI Overhaul

Our most visible is definitely our UI updates so I'll give you a view of our new tooltips window with a beautiful dissolve effect!

Name:	Combat UI.gif
Views:	2
Size:	6.35 MB
ID:	189878

This is a massive overhaul in letting our players understand the mechancis and all the hard work that Deck has put into the backend. You will be able to see what attacks do which and for how much and really get a feel for what we are moving this game towards in terms of combat!

Public Edition News

Soon these changes will all be hitting the public edition along with some tweaks and tuning to the text and dialogue. Samara has gone through re-writes to more unify her personality as it was kinda discombobulated before. The Patron Edition will get a hotfix for the dialogue too! This is coming up very soon too, we want to have a better degree of polish on a few things for you guys and I will be posting you all a direct link. It will have essentially everything the Patreon version does but with a few of the sidequest girls not included.

General News:

Our Knight tier is current available! Have your character in the game world with a massively high details 3/4th dialogue post with a few facial expressions and an in world animated sprite! An example of the 3/4th quality is;

Name:	verona1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	189875

That's it for now! I look forward to bring you guys the public edition, sorry its taken awhile but we all at the team want to have a good showing for you guys.

Last edited by Valaska; 04-08-2018 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:06 PM   #7
Valaska
Forum Member

We just put out our second public build if you guys and gals are interested in that! We do very much intend to support both sides of the community so there are all but two scenes in this build. Pick it up here;

https://www.patreon.com/posts/public-build-2-18196579

I will be assembling a picture guide for our combat, and you can see some of our easter egg plans upcoming for the game! Also, the Public build includes many Quality-Of-Life changes to Samara's writing! She flows far better now and will be much more consistent for those that noticed a disconnect between mine and SomeKindofWizards writing styles, which is partly my bad! I never actually had a chance to read her lewd scene's writing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PublicBuild 2.png
Views:	0
Size:	953.5 KB
ID:	189989  

Last edited by Valaska; 04-15-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Hentai Stuff