Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat

Notices

Old 06-30-2019, 06:40 AM   #41
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
not to sound like a snoby elitist, but turning other body parts other than the legs to ik is nothing new.
its kinda useless unless you make your own motions though
Yea, I've seen many models with other bones set up as IKs. Hell, I've rigged a few models with IK arms. I thought it might be cool to be able to have a models fingers "stick" to something too, but all the testing I have done has proven to me that it doesn't work the way I want it to. All it has done in the past few days is break the model I'm working on, and give me a headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDisaster View Post
Some of the newer models have master finger rotation bones that let you move the whole finger or even all five at once for easy grips without having to set up an IK. The model has to have the extra bones for it but it makes use easier and you don't have to worry about the IKs causing weird shit to happen.
I've seen that before too. But I don't know how to set up master rotation bones. I did give a model sliders that did the same things, but that took a lot of guess work in how to set up the rotation bone morphs to get it to do that I wanted it to. (Also, I didn't want to take the time to set up a morph for each finger... It took me a few hours just to get the whole hand morph to work right)
I also didn't want to bog down the model with extra morphs. I remember what happened with that other model that had over 300 group morphs that broke my MMD when I registered the morphs...
Old 07-02-2019, 10:39 AM   #42
Ruiyabi
Miko hani
Forum Member

Kamotaro MMD
https://bowlroll.net/user/95964
Password is Hardest.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:47 PM   #43
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruiyabi View Post
Kamotaro MMD
https://bowlroll.net/user/95964
Password is Hardest.
As far I see there. All of those author's models are community only.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:17 AM   #44
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Well, that's weird. Since when does MMD tools not support PMX 2.1? Never had a problem importing a model into Blender until today.

Could it be because I weighted a model with QDEF?

*Edit* Welp, just answered my own question. Yes, that is exactly why its not working. Also wont load in MMD. So, a note to everyone. Don't use QDEF...

Last edited by Mythterious; 07-04-2019 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:29 AM   #45
back2you
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythterious View Post
Well, that's weird. Since when does MMD tools not support PMX 2.1? Never had a problem importing a model into Blender until today.

Could it be because I weighted a model with QDEF?

*Edit* Welp, just answered my own question. Yes, that is exactly why its not working. Also wont load in MMD. So, a note to everyone. Don't use QDEF...
QDEF means? or where is it?

Would you mind uploading an image of a model with QDEF.

-
Old 07-05-2019, 07:38 AM   #46
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2you View Post
QDEF means? or where is it?

Would you mind uploading an image of a model with QDEF.
QDEF is short for Quantum Deformation. Its a newer form of vertex deformation. It's like SDEF and BDEF. A model with it looks no different then a model without it. The only thing it does it change how a mesh deforms when rotated.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:31 AM   #47
back2you
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythterious View Post
QDEF is short for Quantum Deformation. Its a newer form of vertex deformation. It's like SDEF and BDEF. A model with it looks no different then a model without it. The only thing it does it change how a mesh deforms when rotated.
I see. Thanks!

-
Old 07-05-2019, 08:33 AM   #48
back2you
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

This is pretty useless to me but it exist and maybe someone may find it useful.

-
Attached Files
File Type: zip Preview Tool.zip (4.23 MB, 40 views)
Old 07-07-2019, 10:42 AM   #49
Moondrag
Forum Member

Anyone managed to keep and is willing to reupload this model? I thought I had it at one point, but it might have been deleted along with my old hard drive. https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15283054
Old 07-10-2019, 08:32 AM   #50
ponchi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

hello , i saw something like this already but now want try make it , but don't know what tutorial need search . i try "google" (how add physics on Leg\But ) but don't have any needed results .
someone can help with this.
i have some model with this physics but don't know how they work ...
Old 07-10-2019, 12:53 PM   #51
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Quote:
OK, I get what you mean. You're probably either going to need to re-weight or use WeightTargetReplace to change what bone the vertices in the hip area are rigged to. What bone is the hip area weighted to right now?
I'll put down some screenshots cause the way this model is weighted is odd.

1st picture: How the lower torso was originally weighted.
2nd picture: What happens when you rotate the lower torso. It causes a section of the torso to curve without moving the lower torso since the section beyond wasn't weighted.
3rd picture: How the waist was originally weighted.
4th picture: Using WeightTargetReplace to have the waist weights become the lower torso's and the result. (The waist bone still works as it should be though.)

Don't know if this answered your question honestly. I was taking a breather from this for a moment but I thought I'd send out the things. I actually kind of forgot which bone was initially the third torso. It might've been the waist due to how it's weighted.

Quote:
If MMD and MMM make the same model behave differently it could have to do with how they handle physics differently (I think MMM's is more advanced)
I only wish MMM could handle models the same way as MMD most of the time. There are several different modelers who I can name off the top of my head, where MMM kinda breaks or bugs their models (Especially SPS due to how they use a unique way of having additional leg and center bones. Back a long time ago when I gave out that Holo model by SPS and it just turns out MMM doesn't like SPS's different leg bone formula.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	62
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	196315   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.png
Views:	90
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	196316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled3.png
Views:	72
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	196317  

Name:	Untitled4.png
Views:	97
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	196318  
Old 07-10-2019, 11:09 PM   #52
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionableEnigma View Post
Don't know if this answered your question honestly. I was taking a breather from this for a moment but I thought I'd send out the things. I actually kind of forgot which bone was initially the third torso. It might've been the waist due to how it's weighted.

I only wish MMM could handle models the same way as MMD most of the time. There are several different modelers who I can name off the top of my head, where MMM kinda breaks or bugs their models (Especially SPS due to how they use a unique way of having additional leg and center bones. Back a long time ago when I gave out that Holo model by SPS and it just turns out MMM doesn't like SPS's different leg bone formula.)
Curious. When you put it up I'll play around with it and see what could possibly be done, if that's OK.

I know MMM supports PMX2.1 stuff that MMD doesn't, in particular soft-body physics. I know it'd probably require a whole new physics engine but if MMD implemented it, it'd be such a quantum leap for what could be done. Especially for sex.

As for me, I've run into an effect I just cannot make work: the Fluid Simulation V2 that's getting discussed on Iwara. Whenever I try to load the .pmx for the effect it immediately crashes MMD, even if it's the light 1024 one. I'm using MMD 9.26 and MME 0.37 which I think should be able to handle it, my computer isn't brand new but it was made in 2017 which was after this effect was created. Do I need a newer MMD or am I just being hamstrung by my graphics card?

Also here's what I've done with Nightingale so far. Comparison pictures have the original on the left and my edit on the right.

WALL OF TEXT

I shrank her head, hat and hair to 90% original size and tapered her neck so it blends into the body; now it's close in size to most other models. I also blended some hard normal seams (at the base of her chin, around her nipples, pussy and anus) so they don't look weird, and added spheres. For her Trick or Treatment costume I made her skin oily to complement the shiny latex. Didn't add toons because there's too much baked-in shading. All major textures were upsized to 2K quality with waifu2x (her face was only 512x512!) and converted from targa to png. I would have done 4K if waifu2x supported it.

While the inside of her pussy is UV-mapped, there was no detail because it's only like 20 polygons and Kynokoru blanked out the pussy area white, there isn't even an alpha channel. So I drew up an interior and added it to the body texture; it isn't high labia art but the pussy is so low-poly it doesn't make much difference. I added pussy and anus-spreading facials last night.

I also redid her thighs and stockings so the stockings can be on without the garter belt, and her breasts and bra so that you can have her nipples active while her bra is on to use the bra-aside facial morph I was working on a few weeks ago. I also made nipple extending and flattening facial morphs and added bones to allow her bra to be moved a little independent of the breasts. I joined her previously split-apart panties although it may be too much work to make them strippable; I just wanted to be able to have her in her panties without the garter belt.

Her original syringes were not rigged at all and could not inject or be held; I used TransformView to correctly position the stand-alone rigged syringes that came with her and made pose data for them so that they can be outside-parented to her belt; now she can grab and hold them, and depress the plungers to inject them. I also made mirrored poses so she can use the empty slots on her left belt to hold them too. She also has a bone morph now so when her boots are off her feet rest on the ground and a lipstick morph for her mouth.

I'm going to add a morph to disable the spheres, one to remove the garter straps and maybe make a clitoris for her and then I think I'm gonna say screw it. I could fix her asymmetry but this far into the process it's not worth the amount of work it'd take. So frustrating that such a solidly designed model came so unpolished. For those who have her, here's the upscaled texture files.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nurse1.PNG
Views:	65
Size:	369.4 KB
ID:	196319   Click image for larger version

Name:	nurse2.PNG
Views:	46
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	196320   Click image for larger version

Name:	nurse3.PNG
Views:	61
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	196321  

Name:	nurse4.PNG
Views:	59
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	196322   Click image for larger version

Name:	nurse5.PNG
Views:	77
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	196323   Click image for larger version

Name:	nurse6.PNG
Views:	44
Size:	841.8 KB
ID:	196324  

Name:	Ntgl_face.png
Views:	41
Size:	593.5 KB
ID:	196325   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ntgl_eye.png
Views:	40
Size:	325.8 KB
ID:	196326   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ntgl_naked.png
Views:	63
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	196327  

Name:	TorT_naked.png
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	196328   Click image for larger version

Name:	TorT_body.png
Views:	45
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	196329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ntgl_uh.png
Views:	60
Size:	549.3 KB
ID:	196330  

Name:	Ntgl_morph_e1.png
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	196331   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ntgl_morph_e2.png
Views:	42
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	196332   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ntgl_morph_e3.png
Views:	47
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	196333  

Name:	Ntgl_hair.png
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	196334   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ntgl_gun.png
Views:	45
Size:	667.2 KB
ID:	196335   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ntgl_body.png
Views:	43
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	196336  

Old 07-11-2019, 12:58 AM   #53
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:

WALL OF TEXT
fuck my eyes sideways first thing in the morning

can you give a link to fluisim 2, last I recall it had a paywall or something.

before I tinker with it, you could try different mmd bit versions or scour the readme if it needs a specific ms framework version.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:23 AM   #54
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
fuck my eyes sideways first thing in the morning

can you give a link to fluisim 2, last I recall it had a paywall or something.

before I tinker with it, you could try different mmd bit versions or scour the readme if it needs a specific ms framework version.
Link to DL is here: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29934192

Code:
It's in the MMDモデル folder with the name 流体シミュレーションv2
Nothing about specs in the readme other than that the highest quality one is 200MB, but I wasn't trying to use that one, MMD crashes with a runtime error even with the lightest version. I just grabbed the old V1.1 version and I'll see if it makes any difference tomorrow. I need to get some sleep now.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:01 AM   #55
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

oh, its this one.
never had issues others seem to get, upon loading it freezes for like 3 secs and then its all good.

the only difference is I got mme 0.35, but just in case im uploading my mmd folder
Attached Files
File Type: rar MMD backup.rar (1.06 MB, 40 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to guthix For This Useful Post:
MMDisaster (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 08:26 PM   #56
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

It seems to have to do with d3d9.dll. I noticed yours is older than mine but it's also larger at 52kb instead of 41kb. I swapped the dlls and now it loads. This was the error I was getting. V1.1 didn't cause the error for what it's worth.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	error.PNG
Views:	31
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	196339  
Old 07-15-2019, 11:12 AM   #57
ponchi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Can someone explain me why i have black pictures when try make PNG pic with 4k resolution ? its problem only with Raycast , do i something wrong or what ? video same black hole ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0.png
Views:	36
Size:	6.63 MB
ID:	196409  
Old 07-15-2019, 04:55 PM   #58
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I feel as though those bodies on Mash and Nightingale aren't very good, maybe even the faces, too. The outfits look good, and they're really well made, but no matter how much you edit the bodies, they're just...off. Massive boob gap and odd proportions.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:53 AM   #59
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdmon View Post
I feel as though those bodies on Mash and Nightingale aren't very good, maybe even the faces, too. The outfits look good, and they're really well made, but no matter how much you edit the bodies, they're just...off. Massive boob gap and odd proportions.
The boobs are probably a matter of taste but all his recent models have that body. Enty looks the same.

I was able to do something about the fact that her arms (specifically her biceps) are way, WAY too short; I made a bone morph that extends the arm from the shoulder to the elbow to a more accurate proportion without affecting the operation of the bones. I might have made it go a little too long (when her arms are at her sides her hands reach to halfway down her thighs, which is what my arms do), but since it's a morph it can be stopped wherever it looks right. It looks better with her jacket off because the sleeves get pulled out too which makes them look a little too stretched.

I also added mesh and a morph to display her armpit hair. It's not my fetish personally, but the texture was there but inexplicably unused.

Also after a lot of trial and error I managed to get a morph to just hide the garters while leaving the panties and stockings there. At least in the front... the back is still a work in progress.

As for why I'm investing this much work into her, the only other Nightingale model is by 1ya, only has the base costume and no body, and caught a bad case of the horsefaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchi View Post
Can someone explain me why i have black pictures when try make PNG pic with 4k resolution ? its problem only with Raycast , do i something wrong or what ? video same black hole ..
I think you're running out of memory. That happens to me whenever I try to render still images above 1080p, I just get a black screen.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	armsoriginal.PNG
Views:	82
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	196410   Click image for larger version

Name:	armshalf.PNG
Views:	42
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	196411   Click image for larger version

Name:	armslong.PNG
Views:	47
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	196412  

Name:	wakinurse.PNG
Views:	54
Size:	768.0 KB
ID:	196413   Click image for larger version

Name:	nogarters.PNG
Views:	41
Size:	523.7 KB
ID:	196414   Click image for larger version

Name:	noasseither.PNG
Views:	49
Size:	542.6 KB
ID:	196415  

Name:	secondopinion.PNG
Views:	37
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	196416  
Old 07-16-2019, 04:59 PM   #60
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdmon View Post
might be perception warping
after tedious work on tda bodies every other model started to seem like a midget to me.
even the character in the pic feels like her torso has been downsized, but looking at the curvature it seems fine, looking downward everything up to the end of the boobs is fine, looking upwards everything up to the hips looks fine, its maddening why the overall look is off.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat