Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat

Notices

Old 03-15-2020, 10:55 PM   #261
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

I spent pretty much my whole day on a wild goose chase trying to track down a particular model that I was never able to find, but I did find a few other models I've wanted for a long time... but they're in .alp format.

If anybody has a working version of ALP2PMX and wants to be a hero and convert them, here they are. The files don't have the actual names of the characters (probably to avoid copyright conflicts) so I included a text file to indicate who they are.

http://tstorage.info/oti2mr69wfp7
Old 03-16-2020, 09:01 AM   #262
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDisaster View Post
I spent pretty much my whole day on a wild goose chase trying to track down a particular model that I was never able to find, but I did find a few other models I've wanted for a long time... but they're in .alp format.

If anybody has a working version of ALP2PMX and wants to be a hero and convert them, here they are. The files don't have the actual names of the characters (probably to avoid copyright conflicts) so I included a text file to indicate who they are.

http://tstorage.info/oti2mr69wfp7
you might have better odds asking in 4chan as there alot of non mmd files currently floating there
Old 03-16-2020, 01:41 PM   #263
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionableEnigma View Post
How do you fix secondary leg bones to follow the waist like the initial leg bones?
You've broken the leg IK somewhere in the first pic. Use a model that works as reference for the leg bones' proper relationships.

The legs buckle sideways if their respective bones aren't aligned in the X axis, and you then move the body using groove or center, or rotate it with waist - if it's not aligned to the top of the legs. You can use tsumi's BB model for an example of how the leg bones look like in a healthy person

Last edited by lewdmon; 03-16-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-17-2020, 04:23 AM   #264
Yuki98
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Need some Help

I've been trying to solve this password for a while now to no results. I know its supposed to be the character name in Katakana but cant get the password. The character's name is Chika Wakabayashi
Pls help

im10103757

Old 03-17-2020, 07:29 PM   #265
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki98 View Post
I've been trying to solve this password for a while now to no results. I know its supposed to be the character name in Katakana but cant get the password. The character's name is Chika Wakabayashi
Pls help

im10103757

Her first name is actually Tomoka instead of Chika. Try that (I can't verify it after losing my bowlroll access.)
The Following User Says Thank You to MMDisaster For This Useful Post:
Yuki98 (03-19-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 01:20 AM   #266
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki98 View Post
Pls help

im10103757

The password is supposed to be her team mates name. But I have no idea who that is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mythterious For This Useful Post:
Yuki98 (03-19-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 06:43 PM   #267
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythterious View Post
The password is supposed to be her team mates name. But I have no idea who that is.
I think I got it now, the six characters that should go in the Os should be

Code:
ソウルメイト
The Following User Says Thank You to MMDisaster For This Useful Post:
Yuki98 (03-19-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 01:03 AM   #268
Yuki98
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
I think I got it now, the six characters that should go in the Os should be

Code:
ソウルメイト
Thanks so much , I've been trying to solve this pass for about a week
Old 03-20-2020, 08:00 PM   #269
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Fixed up 1st and 3rd case issues. Leg waist bones are interesting and can sometimes conflict with waist when it's added changing child/parent bone links. 2nd & 4th still elude me. MMM has been acting a goof since I have some models now that arm waists get broken on them and for unknown reasons I made a sex motion and one of them actually just makes MMM throw an error log. I'm surprised, first time I've seen this ever happen. How many people do use MMM? I assume not many since there's really no one who catalogs all the differences between MMM and MMD like their IK/bone solvers.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:54 AM   #270
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

Never even installed MMM much less used it. I have way too many in-progress pmms to just switch over wholescale to a different piece of software with different compatibilities for everything. MMD's limitations drive me nuts sometimes though.

Speaking of limitations, PMX Editor lets you adjust how much antialiasing it does and you can crank it up for really smooth lines. Is there somewhere in MMD that you can do the same? Obviously it'll suck more CPU but the goal is the smoothest outlines possible. Maybe a config file that can be edited?

Also, Momoka's done. She was a lot of work, major adjustments to her eyes and eyebrows and a lot of new hair rigging.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	momokachama.png
Views:	120
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	197806  
Old 03-24-2020, 01:22 AM   #271
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionableEnigma View Post
I assume not many since there's really no one who catalogs all the differences between MMM and MMD like their IK/bone solvers.
i tried MMM, but it kept constantly crashing on me, sometimes even with nothing loaded. Since i don't do motions, mmm's advantages are less appealing
Quote:

Speaking of limitations, PMX Editor lets you adjust how much antialiasing it does and you can crank it up for really smooth lines. Is there somewhere in MMD that you can do the same? Obviously it'll suck more CPU but the goal is the smoothest outlines possible. Maybe a config file that can be edited?
i recall there being an effect that did anti aliasing, but i never delved deeper into the code. i usually just drop a diffusion to smooth out the edges.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:37 PM   #272
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Hm... Just found out that new motion I made wasn't working in MMM was because of the model I was using. Not sure what exactly was the cause specifically but I just copied the motion to another model and that fixed it. Thanks weird Bache for this motion error log anomaly.

Now for some reason I can't find that post of when one of the users here fixed that issue I had with the Valkyrie Pledge model I wanted help with. Forum history is killing me, even the search didn't get me to where I needed to go.

Quote:
Never even installed MMM much less used it. I have way too many in-progress pmms to just switch over wholescale to a different piece of software with different compatibilities for everything
It would be a tedium to transfer PMMs by grabbing each model's motions, toss them in MMM, then make the MMM project save. That is if you do have a lot of models out on the pmm. Though, with the amount of time I've spent with MMM, I've at least got more than the fundamentals and have a mental list of which modelers don't necessarily play well with MMM. It's just the lack of updates like almost two years ago that makes it a bit faulty despite a more quality interface. I'm starting to get used to navigating MMD in its JP mode interface which I didn't like beforehand and was lazy to go on every last thing of models to make English mode bone name counterparts (despite there being a plugin for it), just MMM makes it simple because it has icons on everything. MMM's interface is just more appealing in general, even at the cost of more CPU. If MMD could implement click on bone, which goes into auto-rotate/move, locus line, and if an english bone had NULL_## MMD would use the JP bone name instead then I wouldn't need MMM at all. The simplest way I see is:

MMM: Use for quality of life posing/animating, and ease of access with interpolation curves.

MMD: Literally everything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix
i tried MMM, but it kept constantly crashing on me, sometimes even with nothing loaded. Since i don't do motions, mmm's advantages are less appealing.
I find the earlier versions of MMM and MMM2 crash on particularly sized models. Don't have a good estimate but probably of like 3 MBs or higher will cause it to crash. If only it did get more updates or became open source. Don't know about the crashing when nothing is loaded, but understandable.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:49 PM   #273
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
i tried MMM, but it kept constantly crashing on me, sometimes even with nothing loaded. Since i don't do motions, mmm's advantages are less appealing

i recall there being an effect that did anti aliasing, but i never delved deeper into the code. i usually just drop a diffusion to smooth out the edges.
There is an effect for it but it's an obscene resource hog and tends to cause crashes. I was looking for some way to tweak the internal antialiasing settings in MMD itself. Some setting in mmconfig.ini might do it, but it's just a bunch of numbers without a description and I couldn't find any information on the internet that explains what they all control, even in Japanese. I've seen pictures made by Japanese that had insanely smooth outlines and it's driving me nuts trying to figure out how they did it.

Kaoru was a much quicker project than Arisu and Momoka were, largely because a lot of her assets were reused; she has the same basic face structure as Aki with just a few changes to her eyelashes (and MAJOR changes to her eyebrows) and almost an identical skin color to Momoka and Arisu. Her hair had no rigging to it whatsoever, so every single bone and physic was added by me, but even that only took like two hours. That and doing calculations to get her head to the right height to match her body were the only significant timesinks.

I started her Friday night and had everything done by last night except her bikini texture which I just got done with. Because she's so short, her head is shrunk by 5% compared to the rest of the characters as it would otherwise be way too big for her body. It's funny, my first Cinderella Girls set didn't have any lolis in it at all, now I've done three lolis in a row.

...that sounded really wrong.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sunflower.png
Views:	74
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	197807  
Old 03-29-2020, 01:03 AM   #274
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

Well, Shosuke Kagura is at it again with his OCs. Anybody recognize this hairstyle? It looks like 3D Custom Girl hair but I couldn't find a match for it in any of my 3DCG downloads after a two hour wild goose chase.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EO4nU3CU8AEc1J0.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	197816   Click image for larger version

Name:	ESj8tdEUYAA93s6.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	489.7 KB
ID:	197817   Click image for larger version

Name:	ETeZSSuUYAEY3vP.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	419.8 KB
ID:	197818  

Name:	王手門 桐子.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	197819   Click image for larger version

Name:	EPBaf9_UUAAtEW2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	417.7 KB
ID:	197820   Click image for larger version

Name:	ELL2MjTUwAALxRl.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	793.2 KB
ID:	197821  

Name:	王手門桐子.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	451.3 KB
ID:	197822   Click image for larger version

Name:	ELL2MjUUUAETfWz.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	618.9 KB
ID:	197823   Click image for larger version

Name:	EBggunIU4AAhopQ.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	197824  

Old 03-30-2020, 12:33 AM   #275
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Anybody recognize this hairstyle?
while it looks distinct, don't think i have
Old 03-31-2020, 07:35 PM   #276
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

Finally powered through last night and finished Cathy. She was a terrible grind and I lost motivation a couple of times, then when she was finally done I only had her swimsuit texture left to make and Photoshop decided to start pissing its pants again so it had to wait until today. Her eyes, eyebrows and mouth all needed a ton of work. Also, the only part of her hair that was originally rigged was her ahoge, the rest was rigged up by me. It's very minor considering how short her hair is, but having it not move at all didn't look realistic to me.

Speaking of textures I have a question. In my drive to not have everyone's pubic hair look identical, I feel like I overcompensated and a lot of the girls' pubes are so unrealistically shaped they look more like crotch tattoos than hair. Should I just stick with more realistic looking pubes? I never use them with the pubes on, but I know other people do.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	@mericanidol.png
Views:	63
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	197825  
Old 04-01-2020, 02:12 AM   #277
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

personally, i don't find pubes to "work" on mmd models, they either look like something a kid scrawled on an abdomen, or some weird protrusions, that doesn't match the head hair.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:06 AM   #278
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I don't want to send you on a wild goose chase, but h anime might be your best bet for inoffensive pubic hair. That being said, I don't remember seeing it in anything*, whether or not that''s because anime characters are clean or because it was drawn well enough not to attract undue attention I'm not sure.

As for me, I'm wasting time texturing all this junk I don't actually use, and starting and stopping work on some character models because I keep losing heart every time I run into topology issues I can't get my head around

*I meant in hentai, you pube, Guthix - not mmd, because I was giving advice on where he might find inspiration. And when I referred to topology issues I was referring to my own work in 3D, not pubic hair or pubic hair related things.

Last edited by lewdmon; 04-02-2020 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:33 AM   #279
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

> I don't remember seeing it in anything
i have seen a male with solid mesh for pubes, similar to his hair, but it was meh
>topology issues
i would say its more of a symbolic issue, the 3d models don't copy life, they just imitate it enough to be recognizable. pubic hair symbolizes grossness [similar to a scrawled picture of a dick] or maturity. while some folk might be sick of this clean/young over usage, there are other ways to display maturity. trying to make something symbolically bad to look good is countering the point of it.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:09 PM   #280
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

I always prefer clean bodies without hair--pubic, armpit or otherwise. The only reason I even have pube textures in my models is because I know some people want them and I'm trying to give as many options as reasonably possible. That's why they have separate oversized-clitoris and futanari morphs for instance. I did solid-shape textures for a lot of them just because it was a quick and easy way to approximate it without having to draw all the hairs... and then I look at what I did and I'm like "who the fuck would have their pubic hair in a fleur-de-lis."
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	whatwasithinking.PNG
Views:	48
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	197827  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat