Notices

Old 06-19-2020, 02:39 AM   #341
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by insecure View Post
those four are some surprising choices
how willing are you to impart knowledge about above asset ripping to others?
I basically pick whoever strikes my fancy. There are a few that are included because they're popular but generally if I don't like them I'm not editing them.

If you want to try it yourself you should start by downloading Mishiro, the dedicated ripping program for Starlight Stage.

https://github.com/toyobayashi/mishiro

It gives you access not only to models, but to the songs, the dance motions, the cards, pretty much everything in the game. The models come in regular and HD versions so make sure you download the HD versions (higher res textures).

The models start out in Unity format and to get them into a usable format for MMD requires several other steps. It's too late at night to do a full tutorial right now but what I do is use AssetStudio to convert the mesh and textures from unity to .fbx and .png. Then I use another program called Noesis to change that .fbx to .sfm (Source Filmmaker) format, and then use Blender with SFMTools and MMDTools plugins to spit that .sfm into a .pmx.

The models come out rigged with the bone rigging from the game, and fully UV mapped, but without facial sliders. Also the game stores heads and bodies separately so they don't come out fully assembled. It's possible but mindnumbingly tedious to get the facials reapplied, but I'm using the old faces made by Kurauchi because they're actually higher poly than the game models and already have all their facials. So generally the only game asset I use is the hair.

I modify the eyes so they're shaped like the game models and fix their facials, match the hair up so it seamlessly fits to the head, and usually do some rigging too because the in-game models have very basic, or barely any, rigging on the hair. I make new textures for the faces and hair, UV map them as necessary, add physics and then use the bodies I edited from Kurauchi's years ago to finish putting them together. I also do custom textures for the bodies and bikinis too.

Converting to .pmx after ripping from the game only takes a few minutes per model, where the hard work comes in is editing what comes out to work with Kurauchi's models.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:13 AM   #342
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDisaster View Post

I don't quite understand how this is never an issue for communities like Source Filmmaker and Garry's Mod or Blender (all of which I would argue are far higher profile than MMD), but somehow the sanctimony starts flying once these models get ported to MMD.
ive done a bit of digging in source community a while ago and it had the same autistic retardation as mmd.

same with skyrim modding.

its a fundamental issue of people pouring ungodly hours and effort into something that is not entirely their own and can be intellectually "stolen" by anyone. Its probably encompassing any community regarding fan art/plagiarism.

The Japs, might be more noticeable, because the language barrier creates an us vs them mentality.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:27 PM   #343
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

That makes less than zero sense. SFM literally exists to use gameripped models, it's the whole reason Valve created it.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:18 PM   #344
Rolef
Forum Member

https://bowlroll.net/file/229298

Someone managed download this motion?? I tried do it but was closed
Old 06-21-2020, 02:26 AM   #345
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
That makes less than zero sense. SFM literally exists to use gameripped models, it's the whole reason Valve created it.
people still creates custom models/edits for sfm
Old 06-21-2020, 11:53 PM   #346
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolef View Post
https://bowlroll.net/file/229298

Someone managed download this motion?? I tried do it but was closed
Posting R18 password video on Youtube, highly intelligent modeler ¯\(º_o)/¯

Finished Natsuki. Lots and lots of work but didn't really hit a roadblock until I tried to rig her hair. Her ahoge put the aho in ahoge, it was flying all over the place and I had to keep backing off the weight until the hair was barely weighted to the bone. Also if I had a choice I prefer her with her hair down but she only had models with spiked hair, so spiked it is. That just leaves Nao and then I'll be finished.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	natsukichi.png
Views:	99
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	197956  
Old 06-26-2020, 01:11 AM   #347
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

And Nao is finished. That's the whole set, a week under two years to the day I finished the old version of her that couldn't be publicly distributed. New version is on the left, old is on the right for comparison.

Gonna spend tomorrow night double checking every model to make sure there's no major glitches, update my readme and then the whole set is getting uploaded.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	naothatwastough.png
Views:	79
Size:	338.3 KB
ID:	197966  
Old 06-26-2020, 03:59 PM   #348
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

what will you do next after posting the set?
Old 06-26-2020, 07:38 PM   #349
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Sleep more than 6 hours a night, hopefully.

And maybe work on the 50 other things I've had at various stages of completion but neglected; update my Choukai and Maya edits, finish a bunch of pmms that are half started, unzip and sort the nearly 6000 still-zipped models I haven't got around to unpacking, finish converting some stages, maybe register at Iwara and upload some images and movies. There's one more set I want to do but I'm not going to start it any time soon, not after how long this took and that was with some low hanging fruit.

EDIT: Ok guys, Tstorage was being retarded again and throwing errors when I was like 1 MB from finishing the upload so after about 20 tries I uploaded it here instead for now. I don't even have the preview picture fully done but I have a long day ahead of me and I need to get to sleep. Give 'em a try and let me know if there are any missing textures or anything.

EDIT AGAIN: Here's a preview picture.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lineupderella2.png
Views:	119
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	197968  
Attached Files
File Type: zip 愛升式改変デレマスTバックビキニ改2.zip (54.94 MB, 54 views)

Last edited by MMDisaster; 06-28-2020 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Here, it's finished.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MMDisaster For This Useful Post:
mi2ki (07-03-2020), ponchi (07-02-2020), Rolef (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 10:43 AM   #350
Jester
Forum Member

If anybody is interested, Akane-chi (https://bowlroll.net/user/12711) has re-opened her previously discontinued downloads for the next 3 days (until 06/30/2020).
This includes the ones she did of the old "Hundred" anime characters.
To top it off, there's no passwords on these particular DL files (as near as i can tell).

Note that this does NOT include the "limited quantity" models (the ones where she put a set number of times a particular model could be DLed), only the ones that she ended the distribution on herself

Last edited by Jester; 06-27-2020 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:40 AM   #351
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Sleep more than 6 hours a night, hopefully.

And maybe work on the 50 other things I've had at various stages of completion but neglected; update my Choukai and Maya edits, finish a bunch of pmms that are half started, unzip and sort the nearly 6000 still-zipped models I haven't got around to unpacking, finish converting some stages, maybe register at Iwara and upload some images and movies. There's one more set I want to do but I'm not going to start it any time soon, not after how long this took and that was with some low hanging fruit.

EDIT: Ok guys, Tstorage was being retarded again and throwing errors when I was like 1 MB from finishing the upload so after about 20 tries I uploaded it here instead for now. I don't even have the preview picture fully done but I have a long day ahead of me and I need to get to sleep. Give 'em a try and let me know if there are any missing textures or anything.
Im not planning to use these, but id like to point out, that trying to edit will be a pain in the ass, given the amount of assets shoved into a single folder.
also any particular reason everything is in pmd format?
Old 06-28-2020, 05:13 PM   #352
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
Im not planning to use these, but id like to point out, that trying to edit will be a pain in the ass, given the amount of assets shoved into a single folder.
also any particular reason everything is in pmd format?
Less memory usage. PMX is more CPU intensive than PMD, which may not be an issue if you're just using two or three models, but if you're using 15 or 20 it may. I was still able to get 31 FPS with physics and ground shadows on with all 24 characters loaded into MMD, which is highly unlikely if they were PMX. Kurauchi's original model set that I edited them from was in PMD and there isn't anything about them that requires them to be in PMX format so I didn't change them. If something happened in the future that necessitated converting them like PMD no longer being supported by MMD, or if MMD gets optimized to use less CPU with PMX models or support soft body physics, I would change them at that point. Right now all that changing them to PMX would do is make it no longer necessary to have those text files to assign material names, which is a trifling matter.

All the bodies are based off a common template so whatever is done on that body can be done identically on all the other bodies. That's why I provide the blank bodies, so you can edit them and then just adjust the size ratio, I even tell you in the readme what size each character is. All the face, body and bikini textures are the same except for the color and the pubic hair patterns too.

I would also point out my original set of edits I released back in 2017 had more than twice as many files in the folder.

EDIT: For some inexplicable reason compressing to .rar yields much better compression than .zip and now I was able to get it uploaded on TStorage. I've also posted it to the booru.

http://tstorage.info/3bgc9k9ftzvv

Last edited by MMDisaster; 06-28-2020 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:36 AM   #353
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

So now I'm on a quest to rip a stage out of Goldeneye for N64 to use for a (non-H) movie project I've wanted to do for some time, which I have failed so far at; I got a tip that you just needed Goldeneye Setup Editor but after getting it running I can view the stage but can't figure out how to export it out of the game. But while I was hunting ripping forums in vain for advice, I happened upon a utility: Million Live Theater Days Asset Downloader.

Suitable BGM

I am NOT going to do any edits of these right now, but I couldn't help myself and did a little exploring. You can actually get these models right from Unity to .fbx to .pmx via Asset Studio and Blender, no need for Noesis, although the facials and physics are still lost in the conversion process. The hair has much more detailed and accurate rigging than the Cinderella Girls models do, which makes sense as this game is newer. However, they come out TINY; the faces in the picture here were enlarged around 1300x, give or take. The give or take is what's frustrating because there is no consistency to the face size so they aren't all scaled the same amount and each character has to be experimented with until she's at the right size. On the plus side this game is based on the anime character designs which are much simpler than the original game so the faces are far less elaborate, and there aren't any jacked up normals, they work fine with outlines. In the picture here the models still have their baked in shading but also have been given toons which is why they appear so dark. Also the eye shine isn't baked into the texture so they've got that wonderfully creepy dead-eyed look so many gamerips have.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dontgetyourhopesup.png
Views:	85
Size:	496.2 KB
ID:	197969  
Old 07-12-2020, 11:08 PM   #354
insecure
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

on my way here, saw the deresute edits being used in this set:
pixiv /en/artworks/82893545
Quote:
But while I was hunting ripping forums in vain for advice, I happened upon a utility: Million Live Theater Days Asset Downloader.
interesting
i'm also curious if you have some kind of pastebin or whatnot that kind of more thoroughly explains the process to convert the files retrieved through mishiro to pmx?
like, i assume i downloaded the correct files, not too sure yet, but there were a lot and it took a long while
Old 07-13-2020, 09:08 PM   #355
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
on my way here, saw the deresute edits being used in this set:
pixiv /en/artworks/82893545

interesting
i'm also curious if you have some kind of pastebin or whatnot that kind of more thoroughly explains the process to convert the files retrieved through mishiro to pmx?
like, i assume i downloaded the correct files, not too sure yet, but there were a lot and it took a long while
I'm composing a tutorial right now with screenshots for you. I'll also have a few links up to some helpful information after I post it.

In the meantime I'm trying to figure out this phonecancer model.

Password's supposed to be the names for her three alternate personalities in 7 kanji characters.

https://wikiwiki.jp/adumakyouji/%E8%86%9D%E4%B8%B8

They are
Code:
膝丸 (base personality)
蜘蛛切 (violent)
吠丸 (downer)
薄緑 (cute)
This would fit perfectly:

Code:
蜘蛛切吠丸薄緑
But that doesn't work. I've tried reordering them every way I could think of and none of them worked.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:53 PM   #356
insecure
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Password's supposed to be the names for her three alternate personalities in 7 kanji characters.

Code:
膝丸 (base personality)
1. 蜘蛛切 (violent)
2. 吠丸 (downer)
3. 薄緑 (cute)
This would fit perfectly:

Code:
蜘蛛切吠丸薄緑
But that doesn't work. I've tried reordering them every way I could think of and none of them worked.
what is this, swords as anime girls now? lol
luckily, i am here
for starters, one of the kanji is wrong, so here's the correct set
1. 蜘蛛切
2. 吼丸
3. 薄緑
the last one goes first, then the second one goes last, and you got it figured out
it's been tried, tested, and succeeded
The Following User Says Thank You to insecure For This Useful Post:
MMDisaster (07-14-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 09:52 PM   #357
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
what is this, swords as anime girls now? lol
luckily, i am here
for starters, one of the kanji is wrong, so here's the correct set
1. 蜘蛛切
2. 吼丸
3. 薄緑
the last one goes first, then the second one goes last, and you got it figured out
it's been tried, tested, and succeeded
I mean, Touken Ranbu is swords as anime boys, so...

Anyway, thank you. Kinda shocking the wiki would have an incorrect kanji in it.

And here's my tutorial for ripping and conversion of the CGSS models. I had to upload it from my old computer because I kept getting connection reset errors from my new one, and I don't know why this happens. The files aren't even that big.

You may also find these links useful:

https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=16055
This is the forum post where I first learned about CGSS ripping. They use a different method involving scraping the manifest file instead of Mishiro, but the general concept is the same.

https://imgur.com/a/XQZnV
A tutorial by Loki-ken with pictures on how to get the facial morphs restored. (I suck at Blender so I'm not very good at it.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cgssripping1.png
Views:	54
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	197978   Click image for larger version

Name:	cgssripping2.png
Views:	50
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	197979   Click image for larger version

Name:	cgssripping3.png
Views:	44
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	197980  

The Following User Says Thank You to MMDisaster For This Useful Post:
insecure (07-15-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 02:34 AM   #358
insecure
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Anyway, thank you. Kinda shocking the wiki would have an incorrect kanji in it.
i can't really offer any kind of reasoning for what happened there unfortunately
thanks for the instructionals, hopefully i'm not too dumb to put them to good use
Old 07-15-2020, 02:44 AM   #359
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
i can't really offer any kind of reasoning for what happened there unfortunately
thanks for the instructionals, hopefully i'm not too dumb to put them to good use
If you intend to try to use the entire faces and restore the facial morphs rather than just use the hair like I did, here's a tip: Loki-ken's method does work, I've duplicated it myself, but in order for it to work you have to not do the size and rotation corrections on the model until after you have the morphs transferred back onto the model. Everything needs to be in its original, unaltered positions while you install the morphs.

Other than that if there's anything that isn't clear just ask. I try to be as clear as I can with instructions but I can also get too banal and dense about it.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:49 PM   #360
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I might take a look at ripping some idolmaster characters, because there's not many new releases of characters to edit.

Speaking of edits, does anyone feel like their folders are full of old stuff? I'm sitting on piles and piles of badly named versions, that are used in some pmms. I'm going to have to start purging things soon, because they take up a lot of space, and some of the older ones are really sloppy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat