Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 08-21-2015, 11:54 PM   #1
pristinity
Juu-nana-sai desu!
Forum Member

Default Any interest in an ERP private server?

Just looking to gauge interest on this subject.

- Would you play on a server like this?
(Note: PLAY, and not only come to fuck)
- What level cap?
- What kind of rates would you prefer?
- Do you have any ideas for ERP events?

Any other comments are welcome.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:09 AM   #2
Koopagirl77
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default I would!

I'd come to play and to fuck, although mostly to fuck as would most of my friends. Although you're right the playing part would have to be the biggest appeal, and then just encourage ERP would be awesome.

As far as events go idk, I'd probably keep them lite and add some custom content, maybe expand on them from there.
(the best way to find out is make a new character and party with people casually striking up convos and find out what your client base really wants!)

(my own 2 cents)

*The good*
The best private server experience I've had was when my friend discovered the dark spark project about a year ago.
He created his own server up to as far as it could go with what's available right now with retail.
Eventually he started inviting other people to it and added a little bit of custom content. (people seemed to like an option of what was retail... but with custom content thrown into the mix as *optional*)
Yes you could make your own linkshells
Almost all content was available up to endgame of current (at the time) of retail.
ERP was allowed and encouraged. (usually this was dependent on the LS you were in, one was cute and known for being 50 shades of grey xD because they were all mithras into bondage hehe. There was also an LS just called flistfriends which was cool and a few ABDL and ageplay LS's cause of tauru being soo tiny n cute <3.
The server really got going once it reached approximately 300+ people on average with at least 150-200 with different IP addresses. He only allowed 2 accounts per person registered and only 4 characters total per account.
(this seemed to work out quite well)

*The bad*
The biggest pitfalls I've seen that's killed private servers/hampered them are ones with stupid rules. For instance there was one advertised on reddit quite a bit that had dumb rules like (you can't make a linkshell... well you can but we'll just perma ban you) also (you couldn't cuss was on another server) the worst by far was nasomi.com private server where women are banned and everyone in the server wide linkshell will troll you acting like a bunch of 4channers if you even attempt to acknowledge someone as a woman. (So on nasomi the no girls allowed thing is in effect, however if you're a woman hater/ make lgbt jokes all day 'ery day then that's welcome too... then again I'm not surprised as it's ran by a rather devout bible thumper / redneck.)

*The ugly*
Until this november I think it is with the last BIG update for FFXI retail things will break.
Whenever SE does an update to retail FFXI, private servers break. Eventually they work again but yeah... that's the just of it.
People are tricky seems like a few of the lesser known ones these days like to do standard exp rates... with lvl cap 75 or about there. Honestly I'd like to see either 75cap or what's current, nothing inbetween, with content up to wings of the goddess working or further or even just up to aht urghan, although I'd miss scholar <3 but meh.

Anywho I just hope this is some good food for thought :)

P.s. Unfortunately my friend had to stop his private server thing a while back due to financial reasons and moving. But hey if you know of a cool private server I wouldn't mind playing on it :) especially if it has ERP on there, some of my greatest memories of FFXI were of hot n steamy ERP during before or after a nice party or completing a lengthy goal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koopagirl77 For This Useful Post:
ffxiAhleah (08-23-2015), Taklest (08-25-2015)
Old 08-23-2015, 01:16 AM   #3
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopagirl77 View Post
some of my greatest memories of FFXI were of hot n steamy ERP during before or after a nice party or completing a lengthy goal.
So much so, special events, completed with the aid of dear friends/lovers, followed by intimate celebration.

This is why FFXI remains special to me
The Following User Says Thank You to ffxiAhleah For This Useful Post:
Koopagirl77 (08-23-2015)
Old 08-24-2015, 08:54 PM   #4
Alexandrious
Paladin
Forum Member

Sounds fun...lv cap and everything from retail would be good, slightly boost exp rates maybe, question is, would I be one of the few playing a male character? lol...
Old 08-25-2015, 07:08 AM   #5
WhitemageSerenia
Mithran Battle-Whitemage
Forum Member

I could be interested in that, except I have no idea how private servers really work. As far as I know it requires me to be have my FFXI account still active, which currently, mine is not, given that I'm playing XIV these days
Old 08-25-2015, 07:27 AM   #6
pristinity
Juu-nana-sai desu!
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitemageSerenia View Post
I could be interested in that, except I have no idea how private servers really work. As far as I know it requires me to be have my FFXI account still active, which currently, mine is not, given that I'm playing XIV these days
No retail account needed. All you need is an updated client which you can do without an account at all.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #7
WhitemageSerenia
Mithran Battle-Whitemage
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pristinity View Post
No retail account needed. All you need is an updated client which you can do without an account at all.
Oh I see, so that means someone figured out how to get past PoL?
Old 08-25-2015, 07:08 PM   #8
Tohihroyu
Futa Princess
Forum Member

Tumblr: cuddleroyu

will there be "custom" cs's? and what about a "date system" with npcs?
Old 08-25-2015, 10:31 PM   #9
pristinity
Juu-nana-sai desu!
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post
will there be "custom" cs's? and what about a "date system" with npcs?
Custom cs will probably never be possible, you would need SE's actual real development tools to make a cs

Date system - The main project doesn't have fellows/trusts implemented without doing something really janky because it's a major PITA they haven't figured out yet. once they figure it out it wouldn't be very difficult to make a dating sim out of the adventuring fellow and trusts but I wouldn't hold my breath on this for another full calendar year at minimum. thinking about it gives me a lot of cool ideas that i'd love to do but, as the meme goes: "the technology just isn't there"

while i could easily make a dating sim minigame with what we have now it'd be pretty boring because we're just talking about stationary NPCs.. why bother with that when you can just open another client and have a fucktoy wherever you want. Plus at the end of the day, animations and etc are all clientside as you know.. so even if you did romance Ayame or Zeid or whoever, you the user have to do work yourself to get the best part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitemageSerenia View Post
Oh I see, so that means someone figured out how to get past PoL?
Something like that

Last edited by pristinity; 08-25-2015 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:41 AM   #10
Tohihroyu
Futa Princess
Forum Member

Tumblr: cuddleroyu

I could see CS only npc's would be difficult (Zeid was for quite a long time) Though passionate males pretty much acted like tunderes in the quests (mostly the one where they make you their specialty food item) it was still a fun quest line to do in its day.

I think linkshells should still be handed out, like a Adult General Chat, and then the rest different interests & themes. Gaymer for male/male exclusive erp (gender of the player dose not matter, but your character must be male or Galka) Lesgamer (again gender of the player is no matter but the character must be female or Mithra), WhyNotBoth for bisexual roleplayers and IDontGiveAFuck for Pansexuals. And maybe fetish ones like Ageplay, BDSM, micro/macro, and such as and so on. But would the server have access to being able to equip more than 1 linkshell?

Last edited by Tohihroyu; 08-26-2015 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:34 AM   #11
Kaijirius
Forum Member

I'd be interested in something like this, though I'd have little clue how to get involved in it at this point. It's been years since I have touched XI, or modded it >.<
Old 12-24-2015, 06:35 PM   #12
Ambermoon
Forum Member

I wish there was a designated erotic role play server instead of a erp private server.

Ffxi needs a balmung of its own.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ambermoon For This Useful Post:
Koopagirl77 (02-06-2016)
Old 12-26-2015, 11:12 AM   #13
Ambermoon
Forum Member

Is there such a thing as an ERP linkshell on Asura?
Old 12-26-2015, 11:45 AM   #14
Marchien
Unbounded Usurper
Forum Member

None that I am aware of o.o Only been on asura 8 months though!
Old 12-26-2015, 12:37 PM   #15
Ambermoon
Forum Member

Aw, someone should make one! :D

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff