Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,588 Times in 3,421 Posts

help me update the ffxi/ffxiv imageboard yeaaahhh

Old 03-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
EdwardMowinckel
on ur site, buyin ur ads
Forum Member

I haven't played since, I think, early December. Which was the first time I played since sometime in November. I moved camps then realized I don't want to play it right now.

My IDs are still active, I just don't play it. I like having the option of playing it, but not playing it. Though right now, I kinda feel like moving to Zi'Tah and building a log cabin. Like, to move there, move me, like the Earth version of me. Seems like the place to be right now, and I don't know why.

Are the servers down, or are you just not logging in?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
Panthera03
Om nom nom Tarus~ :3
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientdragon View Post
and man is it boring
I'm almost half-tempted to, but I'd probably end up fapping after the first page of uploads
Old 03-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #5
lostsp1r1t
Cat burglar
Forum Member

I stopped playing for awhile now too. and i don't miss it much to be honest. everyone in that game just aren't who they used to be from my first experience, so that pretty much ruined it for me.. it's like, i feel like i no longer belong in there anymore, and i have moved on.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:30 AM   #6
EdwardMowinckel
on ur site, buyin ur ads
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsp1r1t View Post
I stopped playing for awhile now too. and i don't miss it much to be honest. everyone in that game just aren't who they used to be from my first experience, so that pretty much ruined it for me.. it's like, i feel like i no longer belong in there anymore, and i have moved on.
I sort of feel the same way, except I haven't given up on it. Right now, the game's not doing anything for me, which isn't a fault of the game, it's the fact that my in-game clique, community and network have all moved on. I literally have no one to play with. I kick around, hoping to eventually find that group with whom I can jive, but till then, my play time is going to be severely limited.

I know the game still has the potential to be the most brilliant thing I've ever played, it's potential never left. But currently, neither the game nor myself are working to reach that potential.

We're at odds with each other, really. FFXI is like a long term relationship, man. Sometimes you two aren't doing anything for each other, just gotta kick back, and ride it out.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
ancientdragon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

well for me i basikly did all i can do ive done all voids even tho never got a single hq drop out of it leveled all jobs 99 made 4 relics mabe 4 empys leveled up 3 other mules on my account to 99 leveled up 2 other mule accounts to 99 whm and soloed salvage 3x a day for like 2 months before i quit it was log in salvage do that sit in jeuno rest of the time
Old 03-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
Tohihroyu
Futa Princess
Forum Member

Tumblr: cuddleroyu

I'm burned out, most of the time when I go on its for ls events, leveling my lower level jobs (summoner & blue mage) and dynamis for Apoc...

No one wants to have fun anymore...I have a couple friends I'd like to invite but with how unfriendly it is to new players....I just don't bother :/

And its no help I'm not going to be able to play Seekers soon, as the minimum specs for it is Vista and here I am still on XP...yet XIV's ARR min is XP...something doesn't smell right. So till I get a new computer I'm SoL for SoA. And with how elitists are there's not going to be much chance for exploring when I finally can play (since there's areas that have blockaids that only players can take out or add) I would have downloaded the pre order but no, I have XP so I doubt I'd get very far :/
Old 03-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #9
lostsp1r1t
Cat burglar
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post

No one wants to have fun anymore...I have a couple friends I'd like to invite but with how unfriendly it is to new players....I just don't bother :/
...this. this is what it was the whole time and i couldn't figure it out the whole time i WAS on.. i think that's what i missed about it, meeting and making new friends, exploring and doing things together. I think after playing dot hack pt.1 I had that nostalgic sorta feeling when i first went on ffxi.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #10
Tohihroyu
Futa Princess
Forum Member

Tumblr: cuddleroyu

and thats what I miss about parties, REAL 6 man parties, be it "teh dunes!" qufim's pug ally, secret room in the nest, or the "sack room", jungle parties with the whole "zone that shit!" if a goblin would agro during pulls, very easy to make friends then, everyone paied attention, if no one did or they leeched they got kicked.

Sure back then had leeching with summoner burns, but at least with summoner burns people would still party up (some I know just used it as a way to skip the dunes) now its just leeching in RMT run abyssea burns, I only see a new "legit" abyssea burns, but ether way I don't use them, I solo (be it pure solo or npc fellow with me) duo & maybe some book burns depending on level & job (since summoning magic takes a long time to skill up i'm leveling it the "old school" way by soloing VT-T/Even worms with carbuncle, though in Shakarami with weather sometimes i'll mix it up with wind spirit (less MP than Garuda) and blue mage solo or duo.

I guess book burns kinda bring back the social part of parties but it never lasts long. Well...least I got to have a few "(|Galkan Sausage|) (|Party"|)'s before they died...was fun ether being the only mithra with 5 galka or 6 galka OR 5 galka & 1 hume guy I remember him too not his name but "Hey! you guys leave me alone! or I'll send my Girlka after you!" and the teasing "Oh look! we got ourselves a little hume slave" lol poor guy but it was fun.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #11
pesmerga
Worst Tracker Ever
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post
5 galka & 1 hume guy I remember him too not his name but "Hey! you guys leave me alone! or I'll send my Girlka after you!" and the teasing "Oh look! we got ourselves a little hume slave" lol poor guy but it was fun.
We all know he was just in charge of you all in the mines. Damn racist ass humes.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #12
Kohki
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientdragon View Post
and man is it boring
The first few weeks or so is the worst, but after that you kind of get over it. I haven't played since August last year, I finished up a lot of the stuff I'd been putting off for a while and decided I'd take a month break and see how I felt about the game afterwards. Pretty much nothing changed lol, I'm amazed at the free time I have now since I don't have to be online for x event to get y person z drop or what not. Most of my friends over the years had quit playing long before me and the last two people I really hanged around with I'm friends with irl so I didn't see the point in coming back.

The new expansion looks tempting but I don't think it's worth the effort to come back right away anyway. Since it's probably a good year or two before they flush out the story entirely, and get the actual content up and running. The really bad part though I think is basically what a few others have said, the game dynamic has changed pretty rapidly over the past year and no one really wants to do anything as a group anymore. Especially if they can shout for a set of random people to go and do it whenever they want. That killed a lot of the fun for me. It made the game really boring 'cause you don't have to have a linkshell to do a lot of things so you don't make as many new friends/contacts as you used to have to.

I kind of miss the old days of sitting in sky with people farming random shit for hours. Yeah the farming was horrible but the fun came from what you did to pass the time. Like the surprise Olla/Ulli pops, or taking out the mages with Despot/Faust for laughs. Some of my best memories of the game are really from the old "grind" days simply because of the people I met, can't really say the same anymore
Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #13
Mischiefmaker
Pervert artistaru~
Forum Member

I recently got back to game since new year. i feel is the comunity and not the game self what ruins it. every group so exclusive and not friendly to new peeps. and everyone seems so sucked into a despair to become stronger rather than enjoy what game has to offer. I cant find yet someone that loves do quest/missions for the story behind them as me... no... everyone is more concerned on if the rewar ad is worth it. To me is not the game. is just people no longer has the desire to botteron these small detailz mmade the game fun. i kinda hope i find someone like me around there as nowdayz 2 persons is enough to do everyrhing or almost.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #14
Ghrenn
Forum Lurker

I donno, for me FFXI kind of died when Abyssea came out. I came up on FFXI through Valkrum and parties and leveling with friends. Getting to 75 was a grind the first time and you were so happy to finally get to it. I remember being so happy to get the anniversary ring to get my PLD (first 75 job) leveled from 60 to 65! :)

Today the abyssea mindset ruins it for me and I kind of want to play again... so I am going to give it a try, but only with other people that are fun to spend time in-game with. I think I am even going to start a new character on a new server just to try and get some of that back. I love my first Mithra on Levi, and I do still have friends there. But it feels like a nice time to try a new character, something I really have not put much effort into.

Still... I chose a bad time to do it. I can't even get the update to download, haha
Old 04-06-2013, 12:23 AM   #15
ancientdragon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

i went back to the game as usual after about 2 weeks of not playing cause i was so dam bored now playing new expansion feels like wotg all over again with fort bashing thats all there is to do here feel like quitting again but i know ill just be back in a few days dam game is worse then drugs i swear
Old 04-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #16
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

My biggest killer was primarily due to the fact I went back to work and it ended up taking a mass majority of my time. I went from being available during NA times, had a sturdy even LS that did something almost daily, to being available more along EU/JP times. One of the other leads of the LS I managed also got a new job with shifted hours and from there the LS literally died within about 4 months. I could only be available early morning~mid-day during work days and mainly during late night~mid-day on off days and the other main lead was only on mid-afternoon to evening with the rest of the shell.

Various events I used to enjoy fell apart or I was absent for all together. Friends I used to do things with weren't on the same time I was, and when the LS finally died in late August...I didn't have the desire to try and look for a new shell that I could actually participate with. I enjoyed setting up strategy for events, learning the little knick-knacks of jobs, and just having fun with friends...suddenly that was gone. When I wasn't hounded with 12~16 hour days, I was tired/recovering to do it again...or my off days happened on days that least of events were scheduled. There was so much I still wanted to do...finish relic Gsword, get mandau to 99, finish getting last few pieces of NNI gear, etc. I just lacked the friends/companions to do it with....and an mmo isn't supposed to be played solo.

If I could get back to doing some of those things I found fun and with a fun group of people I might actually enjoy the game.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #17
lostsp1r1t
Cat burglar
Forum Member

i also remembered another reason why i quit was because my brother's character looked exactly like mine (sounds silly i know) but it was gnawing at me for the longest time. when it got to where people were complimenting on his character (..with me standing next to em) i was at the breaking point. my character was 2~3 years ahead of his time and all that work and sacrifice (i guess i might have taken it too literal) meant nothing to no one because of the shadow from a large obstruction i was under.. sigh but like i said for something like this to ruin the game for me might have been a dumb reason to quit the game, although i had been on long enough, and i guess it was simply time to move on. the expansion that recently came out wasn't enough to get me back on anyway.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #18
ancientdragon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Date: 04/10/2013
Service Account Name: PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI 1
-------------------------------------------------------
Option: [email protected]

-------------------------------------------------------
End Date: 05/05/2013

looks like im a try to quit agai for the 15th time last 2 years lol
Old 02-28-2016, 09:44 PM   #19
ancientdragon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Option Status End Date

[email protected]
To be cancelled Mar. 4, 2016

[email protected]
Cancelled Jul. 22, 2015

[email protected]
Cancelled Jul. 22, 2015

looks like its time for another break from the game i hope i dont come back i just get more and more angry not being able to do higher tier crap

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff