Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 01-27-2015, 01:15 AM   #1
Thunder Wind
Some Weird Kid
Forum Member

Default A Must-Have Mithra Hairstyle!

I've been trying to find multiple hairstyles lately that I've used before in the recent past and came across this glorious work of art over on the BG website.
The person was even kind enough to not post a link to the hair, after telling everyone how beaaaaaaaatiful it was. Thanks, bub!

It was posted a very long time ago, making me believe that this is probably no longer available, but I'm asking here in hopes that someone here saved it and can be the one who saves the world from a very horrifying fate of not having this Hairstyle.

Please, internet wizards of legend, lend us the strength to locate this .DAT file!
Old 01-29-2015, 11:43 AM   #2
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Very odd.. This used to be a very popular dat. I've done some searching and not been able to find it either... I have however located a few of the Elvaan female mods with this hairstyle (that's what it was originally on I believe). I could possibly be persuaded to add a port of this on my lists of maybes lol =3

Anyways... If it helps this one was called "silver braid". Perhaps someone has it in their collection.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:03 AM   #3
Thunder Wind
Some Weird Kid
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikona69 View Post
I could possibly be persuaded to add a port of this on my lists of maybes lol =3
Oh, mighty Alikona, I beg of thee to grace this website with your porting abilities.

Unless someone already has the Mithra port and posts it, of course.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:16 PM   #4
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Wind View Post
Oh, mighty Alikona, I beg of thee to grace this website with your porting abilities.

Unless someone already has the Mithra port and posts it, of course.
Hair is pretty easy =3 Is there a specific mithra face you care to have this on? SE or mod, doesn't matter.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:55 PM   #5
Thunder Wind
Some Weird Kid
Forum Member

Quote:
Hair is pretty easy =3 Is there a specific mithra face you care to have this on? SE or mod, doesn't matter.
Actually, yes, yes there is. I didn't think you could just plop the hair onto any face you wanted, that's just plain amazing. I would definitely love that hairstyle on the ["Natural" Mithra Hair] hosted on FFXIDats.

http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=861.0

The face using the light blonde hairstyle or the White hairstyle would be ideal, I'm a sucker for bright eyes. The white would probably match better.

If this isn't possible, then feel free to use which ever face you find easier to work with.

Edit: Sorry for the delayed response, work has been extremely exhausting lately, and as soon as my shift is over, my ass is asleep.

Last edited by Thunder Wind; 01-31-2015 at 04:10 PM. Reason: I forgot.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:33 AM   #6
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I have been working on this in my free time =3 there is an issue with the UV mapping that has been driving me crazy... in all honesty to fix it I will need to remap the entire hair (which I'm pretty sure I did for the silver version for the elvaan female I used to use lol if only I could find it) x.X ugh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	braid.bmp
Views:	71
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	156274  
Old 02-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #7
Thunder Wind
Some Weird Kid
Forum Member

Quote:
I have been working on this in my free time =3 there is an issue with the UV mapping that has been driving me crazy... in all honesty to fix it I will need to remap the entire hair (which I'm pretty sure I did for the silver version for the elvaan female I used to use lol if only I could find it)
I wish I knew a thing or two about the program used to edit dats, or I'd help you out. One thing is for sure, though, that head is looking a hell of a lot more than mighty fine. If it becomes too much of an annoyance, please understand that you do not have to continue your struggle to complete it. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Last edited by Thunder Wind; 02-09-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:26 PM   #8
Kamilynn
Displaced ffxidats modder
Forum Member

Location: Kinda sorta near Sioux Falls, SD; close enough to work there but not quite enough to hang out there

If you post the dat and possibly the cleanest texture files you have I'll poke at it. I've done at least my fair share of hair mapping, much of which can be seen on my fleet of custom face mods, and I'm not too bad at it if I do say so myself ;)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section