Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 01-02-2016, 05:18 PM   #1
xoxoxo
xoxoxo
Forum Member

Default A come back

Wow... I haven't posted in this community in centuries.

Okay, so my question is, is it worth coming back to FFXI?

I quit back in December 2012 letting go of my 8+ years of hard work for it. I was around and completed all 3 Abyssea addons. I was around when they changed Dynamis and Llimbus. I left behind my main that I had a relic and a few empyrean weapons for. Had a lot of sets of empyrean (AFv3?) +2 sets

None of that matters to me. I'm just concerned if it's worth even returning and starting over with a new character. I may or may not dual box again. I dunno. I kinda read speculations of FFXI going F2P, but I still see it is P2P.

I recently seen that there have been more expanions/addons to this game. And I'm pretty sure it's still high level repetitive that has been going on since the days Abyssea came out. Not that it bothers me, I was just bothered with doing these events with random people and not so much with friends.

/rant Doing these events with people who had hardly any skills in their jobs that made things much worse. Especially when you are sitting out of an event over someone who hardly knows how to play. That was one of the reasons why I left. I just miss the old days doing events with your LS group. So if I were to return, I just want to do stuff with a small group of friends. Are these new endgame events still random people and alliances of 18?

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:06 PM   #2
Taklest
Perverted Pervert
Forum Member

Short answer? No.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:18 PM   #3
Tohihroyu
Futa Princess
Forum Member

Tumblr: cuddleroyu

Long answer:

Private servers are best, as most of them are 75 cap. Right now it's...just not the same...the charm it had is dead and gone with a rail road spike nailed in the coffin. (Tho if you play purely to see "the end" it might be worth it? though idk how long it'd take to "beat" ffxi, as you NEED i119 to beat it. (Level blu or a pet job to make solo easier...but they fucked up bst so...go with smn, evokers ring is a breeze and palboroh project is easy solo with spark gear for ifrit ring, you can get by with i117 sparks though but IMO if you are willing to do the lotto for augments you can solo seekers content with 117 + trusts)

But that's what I found drove people away from and kill their nostalgia trips....lack of human interaction, unless you still have friends playing you are SOL socially. Who needs parties when you can just summon npc helpers, hell no one bothers with adventure fellows anymore and that makes me sad

I wanna join a PS that has 99 but no ilevel...but going to wait on the hentai private server.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tohihroyu For This Useful Post:
Taklest (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 12:11 AM   #4
Argus080
Knight of the wind
Forum Lurker

If you really wanna deal with the community now I can't stop ya and I find XI boring anymore due to community being very exclusive with end game stuff but that's my opinion.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:33 AM   #5
xoxoxo
xoxoxo
Forum Member

@Tohihroyu

meh... I was afraid of that. It was going to be a friend and myself returning and doing things with a small group. I was thinking of building a static group to do our events, main quests and the quests for the expansions. And then do the endgame stuff that used to be hard at 75.

What do you mean by private servers? Is that a new thing now?
Old 01-05-2016, 04:29 AM   #6
Tohihroyu
Futa Princess
Forum Member

They've always been around, just that a good chunk of them get taken down by SE, but they are out there.

I would just go on whenever they have the free week events (though I don't know if they will anymore)
Old 01-10-2016, 09:27 PM   #7
Tohihroyu
Futa Princess
Forum Member

http://hokutens.com/

This one seems to still be up, 75 cap and wotg

Last edited by Tohihroyu; 01-11-2016 at 03:41 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:50 AM   #8
Yume Nikki
Daydreamer
Forum Member

I've reactivated a few days ago and have been messing around for fun, overall a lot of the Quality of Life changes + Trust system definitely lets you solo and/or lowman a lot of content. If you're planning to play with just yourself and a few friends you probably would be satisfied, being able to do most story content leading up to Seekers of Adoulin.

You might not be hopping on board to exclusive top tier end game content, but seems like just about everything else is manageable. I've just been enjoying the rekindling of love/hate relationship with learning Blue Magic again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ffxi_2016.01.11_01.18.29.png
Views:	46
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	170220  
Old 01-13-2016, 05:10 PM   #9
Mysteryguy
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Actually, I have a few questions along these lines. I quit a few years ago when Abyssea was in full swing. I had RNG and BLU both at about level 90. I never actually got to finish any of the stories from back in the day, so my questions are as follows:

How does leveling work now?

About how long does it take to get from 1 to 99?

Can the story missions for the base game, RoZ, CoP, and WotG be solo'd in their entirety without any real end game gear grinding?
Old 01-13-2016, 05:18 PM   #10
Leadleaf
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Twitter: ErilsaA
Tumblr: erilsa

Abyssea exp is rarely done now. I got blm 50-60 in about an hour. Using trusts you can go beat up VT chains even with naked/lowend gear. The game seems to resemble one of those single player MMO-sim rpgs until 99 and endgame as there seems to be some fix for every group mechanic there was in the game.

Ideally you want to do whatever rhapsodies missions you're capable of asap as you get rewarded with KIs that reward you with exp/skillup multipliers.

Also they've changed monster layouts a few times so certain camps won't be as you remember them.

Last edited by Leadleaf; 01-13-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff