Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat

Notices

Old 03-03-2016, 12:42 PM   #81
malcolmrw
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
... i answered the same question literaly on the same page, are you even reading the forums people?
Hmm that password doesn't seem to be working for me
Old 03-03-2016, 01:49 PM   #82
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmrw View Post
Hmm that password doesn't seem to be working for me
thats because the author changed it... as they say. the early bird gets the worm

bonus gif, because kids from 4chan rustle my jimmies. i should spend less time there...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Solarflipoff.gif
Views:	77
Size:	5.89 MB
ID:	171613  
Attached Files
File Type: rar 66音無小鳥.rar (1,003.4 KB, 165 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guthix For This Useful Post:
Gulkeeva (03-03-2016), malcolmrw (03-07-2016)
Old 03-03-2016, 05:10 PM   #83
Usopp
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
the box with "takane_body.png". do you need another picture tutorial? seems that my word clusterfucks arent as clear.
I understand that I have to put the alpha texture in Text field, but I don't know what mean "mesh" or how to do it without losing her skin texture.

I'm sorry
Old 03-03-2016, 09:07 PM   #84
ademar440
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbr View Post
i could be wrong hahah (*≧▽≦)ノシ)) . i'm just translating the readme , and manipulating that ambient controller.x each parameters to see the changes one by one [i always did this for a foolproof test for myself] . but if there's a better explanation , sure i'm all ears. learning something new is my hobby after all.

eh .. you're right my bad. that part was misleading <(_ _)>

Code:
  X&Rx=R(赤), Y&Ry=G(緑), Z&Rz=B(青) に対応します.またSiで明るさを変更できます
X & Rx = R (red), Y & Ry = G (green), corresponds to the Z & Rz = B (blue). You can also change the brightness with Si.
cheers ~旦_(^O^ )
Not trying to offend anybody but this shader was confusing AF to understand but as far as I do understand, that flat surface that you see when you add the ambiend controller, really doesn do anything so you can hide it safely, and the controller has 2 sets of RGB controls, the regular XYZ that control the color of the light being casted on the model I think people with good understanding of this stuff will currect me if I am wrong but, XYZ controll diffuse light color and rXrYrZ control ambient light (color of the shadows), you can test this by setting one to pure red and the other to pure blue and set the size to at least 3, back light does the same but on XYZ work, I really don't like to use the included excellent shadow, hgSAO nor the floor, I find them kinda pointless, I would reccomend you use the N2+C Shader V003 that came out recently, you have to thinker with the names of the folders if you are not using japanese locale.

Last edited by Gulkeeva; 03-04-2016 at 01:39 AM. Reason: image already posted
Old 03-03-2016, 09:47 PM   #85
Xbr
looney on the loose
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ademar440 View Post
Not trying to offend anybody but this shader was confusing AF to understand but as far as I do understand, that flat surface that you see when you add the ambiend controller, really doesn do anything so you can hide it safely, and the controller has 2 sets of RGB controls, the regular XYZ that control the color of the light being casted on the model I think people with good understanding of this stuff will currect me if I am wrong but, XYZ controll diffuse light color and rXrYrZ control ambient light (color of the shadows), you can test this by setting one to pure red and the other to pure blue and set the size to at least 3, back light does the same but on XYZ work, I really don't like to use the included excellent shadow, hgSAO nor the floor, I find them kinda pointless, I would reccomend you use the N2+C Shader V003 that came out recently, you have to thinker with the names of the folders if you are not using japanese locale.
thank you (≧∇≦)/ . i saw many creator uses nchl2 , ikpolish , and n2+c . while their metal & fabric shaders are quite good. i find them lack of noise and realistic rim lights. to put it bluntly the skin looks like cute pencil eraser to me. maybe i haven't see the very best use of those shaders until now. i'm aiming for realistic skin result , but i don't think i can get with those shaders. if only i can find a sample clips that tends toward realistic feel , i might try to use those shaders. sadly there's too many parameters locked in the shared preset gave me less option to tweak them. ⁀⊙﹏☉⁀
Old 03-03-2016, 10:10 PM   #86
ademar440
Forum Member

n2+c comes with a nice pmx controller for it's shaders, not translated, nothing that good old google can't fix, I have to agree, models look kinda like wax statues but some tweaking can hide that pretty well, I still like more how dAdultshader looks like but the control over lighting this shader provides is hard to resist.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	N2+Cv003.png
Views:	122
Size:	974.4 KB
ID:	171615  
Old 03-03-2016, 10:25 PM   #87
Xbr
looney on the loose
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ademar440 View Post
n2+c comes with a nice pmx controller for it's shaders, not translated, nothing that good old google can't fix, I have to agree, models look kinda like wax statues but some tweaking can hide that pretty well, I still like more how dAdultshader looks like but the control over lighting this shader provides is hard to resist.
looks good , that shadow gradation reminds me of that notorious heavyduty S5 shader. might try to play with it for non skin materials [since only skin need noises]. btw here's d_pmotskin shader of what i plan to perfected. been played with this for about 4 month or so.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	graf2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	171616  
Old 03-03-2016, 10:47 PM   #88
ademar440
Forum Member

forgot to mention that in that image I also used 2 panel lights and difussion set at 0.6tr
Old 03-04-2016, 02:09 AM   #89
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbr View Post
thank you (≧∇≦)/ . i saw many creator uses nchl2 , ikpolish , and n2+c . while their metal & fabric shaders are quite good. i find them lack of noise and realistic rim lights. to put it bluntly the skin looks like cute pencil eraser to me. maybe i haven't see the very best use of those shaders until now. i'm aiming for realistic skin result , but i don't think i can get with those shaders. if only i can find a sample clips that tends toward realistic feel , i might try to use those shaders. sadly there's too many parameters locked in the shared preset gave me less option to tweak them. ⁀⊙﹏☉⁀
i think the skin issue might lay in the normals [or w/e you call those blue field depth textures], most skin normals look like sand paper. if you look closely at your arm youll see it looks more like cracked earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usopp View Post
I understand that I have to put the alpha texture in Text field, but I don't know what mean "mesh" or how to do it without losing her skin texture.

I'm sorry
here, this might help
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	152
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	171617  
The Following User Says Thank You to guthix For This Useful Post:
Usopp (03-04-2016)
Old 03-04-2016, 07:56 AM   #90
Usopp
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
i think the skin issue might lay in the normals [or w/e you call those blue field depth textures], most skin normals look like sand paper. if you look closely at your arm youll see it looks more like cracked earth.

here, this might help
Oh, I see, thank you for the tutorial.

I do it for nipple texture, I re draw in the original texture, I put it a different name and change the text field with the new texture.

But if I want to use the method with fx files to apply in the pubic hair then that would affect to all the skin texture I guess.

I have been searching and I think that I have to make a duplicate material of her pubis and then put in that material the alpha pubic hair texture. But I did it wrong and this is the result:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Sin título.png
Views:	123
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	171622  
Old 03-04-2016, 01:17 PM   #91
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Oh, I see, thank you for the tutorial.

I do it for nipple texture, I re draw in the original texture, I put it a different name and change the text field with the new texture.

But if I want to use the method with fx files to apply in the pubic hair then that would affect to all the skin texture I guess.

I have been searching and I think that I have to make a duplicate material of her pubis and then put in that material the alpha pubic hair texture. But I did it wrong and this is the result:
to avoid the fx affecting the entire body, you make a copy of skin in the crotch area and apply the effect only to that material.

it looks that way because the duplicate mesh has its original uv maping.
your best option would be adding the pubes on the body texture. other options would be remaping the uv or making the pubic texture pic same size as the bodys and proper placement/resizing.
The Following User Says Thank You to guthix For This Useful Post:
Usopp (03-04-2016)
Old 03-04-2016, 04:02 PM   #92
Usopp
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
to avoid the fx affecting the entire body, you make a copy of skin in the crotch area and apply the effect only to that material.

it looks that way because the duplicate mesh has its original uv maping.
your best option would be adding the pubes on the body texture. other options would be remaping the uv or making the pubic texture pic same size as the bodys and proper placement/resizing.
Thank you!.

Now I have to try fx effects.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Takane2.png
Views:	88
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	171623  
Old 03-04-2016, 06:05 PM   #93
Xbr
looney on the loose
Forum Member

Quote:
yes , partially aside from skin noises. rarely i find normalmap matching with skin uv placement. i can achieve skin noises which nchl2 & it's successor can't replicate.
on a side notes , i think ikpolish shader can also do this. i just need to dissect it's shared library to make adjustment [i hope it's not locked value like nchl2]

i attach image of my last progress. these sample using monochrome preset on. if only i can find some randomizer script and inject to the main library .. this shader can go even crazier (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pmot-noise.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	404.9 KB
ID:	171624  
The Following User Says Thank You to Xbr For This Useful Post:
Aisha Airin (03-07-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 07:13 AM   #94
Dysprosium
Forum Member

Let's see if we can swipe this quick enough. This really short motion is a time limit of less than a day (probably a few hours in JPN time). I can't really make sense of the password, it seems like a clusterfuck.
*I put asterisks in the URLs...because Tinfoil hat:
Code:
nicovideo*jp/watch/sm*28349217
bowlroll*net/file/9*5979

Hint:
団長さんのフルネームをはんかく片仮名でその後ろに 配布期限の月日ヨンケタをぜんかくで

Google Translated:
In fullwidth the month and day Yonketa distribution deadline the full name of the leader's in the back in the half-width katakana
I guess it's a combinations of the deadline date and some specific person's name in halfwidth. I remember have terrible trouble converting a pass to halfwidth before...

Edit: After some interpretation, I beliebe he's asking for deadline date + the name of the ninetail thing on the model's ass, in halfwidth. No idea what those tails are called in katakana though.

Last edited by Dysprosium; 03-05-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:13 PM   #95
Usopp
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

This is the best that I could do:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hair2.png
Views:	112
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	171737   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair.png
Views:	126
Size:	689.8 KB
ID:	171738  
Old 03-06-2016, 05:48 PM   #96
Xbr
looney on the loose
Forum Member

Quote:
This is the best that I could do:
would be nice if you can drop hgsao intensity a bit , the dark part is little too much. try blur it more so the AO blending become more natural ~旦_(^O^ )

@Dysprosium : good job for adding difficulty to give answer. here ya go

s'redael eht fo eman lluf eht anakatak htdiw-flaH
meht dniheB
htdiw-lluf eht nI tigid ruof enildaed noitubirtsid fo etaD

next time use my methods to give links rather than censored the actual links╭(๑¯д¯๑)╮
The Following User Says Thank You to Xbr For This Useful Post:
Usopp (03-10-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #97
vgadict
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

My next project features 2 girls, and as I was setting up the lighting, I noticed that the shadow formed by their skirts are vastly different. One forms a very nice expected shadow pattern on the legs, but the other doesn't form a shadow. From what I can see, both models have the same settings in the MMD, so I suspect there might be some difference between the models themselves. However, a quick inspection of the models in pmxeditor didn't turn up anything obvious. Any ideas on what could be causing it or how to fix?

If necessary I can upload a screenshot to try to help show what I'm seeing.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:55 PM   #98
Xbr
looney on the loose
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgadict View Post
My next project features 2 girls, and as I was setting up the lighting, I noticed that the shadow formed by their skirts are vastly different. One forms a very nice expected shadow pattern on the legs, but the other doesn't form a shadow. From what I can see, both models have the same settings in the MMD, so I suspect there might be some difference between the models themselves. However, a quick inspection of the models in pmxeditor didn't turn up anything obvious. Any ideas on what could be causing it or how to fix?

If necessary I can upload a screenshot to try to help show what I'm seeing.
would be nice to have screenshot comparison of both with the shader on and the shader off. also did both use exact same shader ?
Old 03-07-2016, 09:28 AM   #99
Vexxo
Hug giver
Forum Member

Guys i found this Miku model, but the pass seem to be a community only thing.

Maybe someone here know it?

http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/seiga/im4170187

https://bowlroll.net/file/43097
Old 03-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #100
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxo View Post
Guys i found this Miku model, but the pass seem to be a community only thing.

Maybe someone here know it?

http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/seiga/im4170187

https://bowlroll.net/file/43097
something about the uploader or the oldest still existing miku song in lowercare

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat