Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 05-13-2016, 11:19 PM   #1
Bossmaru
Maru forever.
Forum Member

Default PC Controller issues

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post it? not sure, but I recently reinstalled FFXI to take a look, but I can't get either of my controllers to work, PS3 or Xbox 360, my PC recognizes the controllers but FFXIPadConfig refuses to, any ideas anyone?
Old 05-13-2016, 11:23 PM   #2
Leadleaf
I've a boner rn
Forum Member

Twitter: ErilsaA
Tumblr: erilsa

Have you checked "Enable XIinput"? I can only get my 360 controller working with that on.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:19 AM   #3
Marchien
Unbounded Usurper
Forum Member

Come say hi if you're on Asura

Nothing real to add, always used keyboard+mouse ^^;
Old 05-14-2016, 12:45 AM   #4
Lyner_san
That's what she said...
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchien View Post
Come say hi if you're on Asura

Nothing real to add, always used keyboard+mouse ^^;
I tried keyboard and mouse a long long time ago, both when I first switched from PS2 to PC and again on PC when I had made a return. I just couldn't handle controls with it. Typing, sure. But controlling movement, camera, and menus? Nope. Gotta have a controller for that.

Anyway, on topic, Boss what controller are you trying to use? I know that the 360 controller might actually require a driver for it to be used on Windows, especially if it is the legit 360 one and not the specially made one for PC. I've also heard rumors that if you're using Windows 10, the 360 controller won't work; it has to be an Xbone controller.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:10 AM   #5
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

Not necessarily has to be the xbone controller. It has to be installed a certain way for it to work if not the xbone. Similar for PS3/PS4 controllers. There are several youtube vids that go through the steps of downloading and installing the driver then and Scpdriver software that is one time installation then should work without a hitch on all games once plug-n-play recognizes it.

The scpdriver is just that, a driver. no GUI like some of the other work arounds. You just set up a folder, unzip to location (after virus scan), and then plug in remote and it will recognize. After that you can set it up for wireless/bluetooth dongle if you wish, but I've not tried going that far.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:46 AM   #6
Leadleaf
I've a boner rn
Forum Member

Twitter: ErilsaA
Tumblr: erilsa

They overhauled controller input like last year-ish, remember playing 360 controller awhile back and you couldn't use RT/LT w/o 3rd party junk? That's fixed now. But you have to switch on the new XIinput option in your padconfig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyner_san View Post
I've also heard rumors that if you're using Windows 10, the 360 controller won't work; it has to be an Xbone controller.
This is false.

Last edited by Leadleaf; 05-14-2016 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:59 PM   #7
irrellius
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I got a new PC last November, had to reinstall the game, and had to go into the config in the C\program files(x86) and enable gamepad support in two different subfolders.

Last edited by irrellius; 05-16-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:11 PM   #8
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

I remember there being a controller config program you had to run one time after connecting your controller. Program was either in a sub "config" folder or something, but was an executable I believe. Always had to run it personally anytime I hooked in a new controller, even if it was an exact replica replacement of one that had died <.<;

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff