Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum

Notices

Old 10-18-2016, 11:41 PM   #141
Lyner_san
That's what she said...
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
Trying around 5 MMOs in the past month and nothing really sticking. I'm starting to think it's a dead genre at this point.
I've felt the same way tbh. Started way back in the heyday of MMOs with FFXI in '04. Switched to WoW around the end of '07. Went back and forth over the next couple years, even dabbling in stuff like Forsaken World, Elsword, Vindictus, and a few others that must have been so dull and/or boring that I can't even remember their names. Then FFXIV 1.0 went into beta and I was hooked on that, but that didn't even last long once it went live. I think I played 1.0 up until right before it hit patch 1.23 or something like that, then the shine wore off and I was bored again. Went back and forth again between FFXI and a couple others after this, even plunging myself back into WoW for Cataclysm (left after Wrath which imo was the best expansion along with Burning Crusade). Eventually just stopped playing MMOs altogether until the ARR release of FFXIV. Then I got hooked on that for quite some time. Still never downed Turn 5, even after it got the nerfbat (or we got better gear). Played up until maybe the prime of Second Coil, and then left for the same reason I left WoW: got sick of the repetitive daily grind. At some point after that, I played around back in FFXI again for some of the new(er) content, but again I got sick of the grind and stopped even though I was about halfway through (at least) solo building myself a Yoichinoyumi for SAM. Since then, the only other MMO I've actually played has been Blade and Soul, and even that got boring after a while because I got tired of running the same shit every day and not really feeling like I was going anywhere because of the ridiculous grind to upgrade gear.

As of this point, I don't even really have any MMOs on my radar that pique my interest, let alone have me excited for them to come out. About the only thing that even has some interest for me is the rumored (confirmed?) western release of Lost Ark, but that's an ARPG at its core and a damn good looking one at that from what I've seen. I guess what it ends up boiling down to is the MMO genre is basically WoW copy pasta these days because companies know that it's a formula that works, even if it doesn't bring in the same level of customers. Hell, WoW itself is even hemorraging subs at this point, down below 6M last I checked. MMOs as a genre are on life support, and the only thing that can keep them alive is a company coming along that actually innovates and does something fresh. Otherwise the modern day MMO is heading to its grave imo.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:39 AM   #142
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
Trying around 5 MMOs in the past month and nothing really sticking. I'm starting to think it's a dead genre at this point.
I hear you. My latest disappointment was tree of savior. sucks to say the only ones i'm playing right now are Marvel Heroes (not really MMO beyond the genre description lol) and Dragon Saga (kinda pleased it was finally added to Steam). =/

Black Desert i couldn't even try because servers are IP blocked here.

Now my hopes lie in a potential western release of maple story 2...but keeping hopes at minimum right now.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:57 PM   #143
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Glad I'm not the only one with the same feeling. I really don't want the XI days to return of grinding every little thing, but I sure in the hell don't want what MMOs are now. Leveling is pretty much just a series of fetch quests and the social interaction is so low it's hard to actually remember you're playing an MMO half the time.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:45 AM   #144
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

At least you had a few weeks of enjoyment with some MMOs. Only one that had me hooked for a few weeks was ff14, the rest only getting boring after 2-3 days. Tried TERA, Elsword, Onigiri and many morr with always the same result, droped it after 2-3 tries.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:30 AM   #145
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Eh I wouldn't say enjoyment, just trying to find something that clicks with me since Overwatch is flooded with dumbasses that think a team needs only 1 support/tank and a combination of 4 attackers/defenders.

Speaking of Overwatch and dumbasses, had someone tell me a support's role is to save the team, not to have the team save the support. Since y'know, it's the support's role to kill a flanker...
Old 10-26-2016, 05:46 PM   #146
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

The legendary armor in GW2

I like fancy armor as much as the next person (Why I jumped on PLD in XI/XIV and so adamant about them), but good lord that look when you draw your weapon...

Oh, and the grind being pretty long.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:10 AM   #147
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Trump being elected as president... RIP America, RIP democracy, RIP women's rights, RIP minorities rights, RIP America's finances...

Say welcome to ''A Marde''rica!, the land where they shoot black peoples for no reason or enslave them, where the womens have no place in a man's job and are left in the kitchen, cooking or washing the dishes and where every nations of the world will become an enemy! If you do not wish to be part of this camp... wait, immigration web services are down due to a high traffic!
Old 11-09-2016, 05:22 AM   #148
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

Honestly, this whole election was shit period. There was no "better candidate" and no matter who made it into presidency it was going to be fucked. There was just two evils that no matter what leads to over all bad for the US people.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:12 AM   #149
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

It was interesting the comparison of Trump election with 9/11 ppl is doing...unfortunately seems like he can be more damaging to US than any terrorist would ever be.

At these times that we understand why, other than at GB, US is considered world's biggest threat. When a ppl do this to themselves you can just wonder what they could do to others.

TBH after Trump being elected i'm growing very convinced that The Rock 2020 may happen as well... >_>;

Now i only hope that he was all talk and end doing nothing...or that at least nukes stay at north hemisphere. >_______________>;;
Old 11-10-2016, 02:20 AM   #150
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,366 Times in 3,350 Posts

All the Japanese people I was with at the time it happened, pretty much face palmed, it was interesting to see the reaction of so many at once... while working O_o
Old 11-10-2016, 07:08 AM   #151
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zangoose View Post
It was interesting the comparison of Trump election with 9/11 ppl is doing...unfortunately seems like he can be more damaging to US than any terrorist would ever be.

At these times that we understand why, other than at GB, US is considered world's biggest threat. When a ppl do this to themselves you can just wonder what they could do to others.

TBH after Trump being elected i'm growing very convinced that The Rock 2020 may happen as well... >_>;

Now i only hope that he was all talk and end doing nothing...or that at least nukes stay at north hemisphere. >_______________>;;
I find it hilarious actually, simply because it shows how little people really understand the whole process of actually launching a nuke. Everyone just thinks the president can just hit a little button and their off.

I also find it funny people think he can do a whole lot just being the president. Just like Obama, he has to go through congress, granted it isn't like congress is really all there anyway, but they have to have a majority decision before anything passes.

The real problem isn't the president, it is the lazy or interest for profit lobbiest influencing congress that is the real problem.

Besides, between the difference of a loudmouthed asshole and a hot tempered twat, we weren't going to have a 'good' president either way. People need to get off their high rocker and admit that already...neither of them were a good choice and there was no 'lesser evil', they both had no right to even be candidates....but such is America.....had to have an absolute twit in office at some point due to having nothing but ninny or twit running for it with backing.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:31 AM   #152
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

With a little bit of chance, America will avoid the Idiocracy scenario. And yes, there was a lesser evil: Clinton knew what kind of game politics are, even if she does not have the cleanest background. But maybe, just maybe, someone told Trump, after his election, ''Shut up, read this and everything will be fine, no riot, no bombs and no one using the G word to expel you again.''

Now allI hope is for the economists of my country to play their cards well, restart the maritime import/export just in case and prepare themselves if Trump ever decides to close the Canada/US frontier. We do provide a huge chunk of the electricity provided to some of the states.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #153
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

No, she wasn't. Something is very crooked about how she avoided getting in trouble doing what she did. Anyone in military/army/navy hands confidential information to a non-authorized person has automatically violated a law. She did just that yet isn't in trouble? The old saying "Justice is blind" really is true. I'm sorry, I wouldn't trust her with presidential tasks or sensitive documents period. That is not a lesser evil, that is just people being ignorant because they hate the candidate and throw overly biased remarks out about them.

I don't support either, going to make that clear now, but seeing all this bias and melodramatic backlash is just fucking idiotic as shit. People keep talking about politics then make entirely irrational statements as if they don't know what the hell they are talking about in the first place. America has had bigger bigots than Trump throughout history. The media just over hypes and sensationalizes shit to the point it rallies people around the most mundane and dumb fucking things.

Trump had nothing to do with blacks getting shot, that had to do with individual racist or idiots overstepping their point of authority. Nothing in his campaign ever said anything about hindering women or women's rights. I still think people saying him getting elected is worse than 9/11 tragedy is disrespectful to all those who lost their lives in and following it, because that just tells me people don't understand the fucking definition of terrorism in the first place.

Same thing goes for all the attacks on Hillary's health, her personal life, and crass over-show of temper flares. The propaganda of her rigging electoral votes, the constant investigations throughout her campaign. It even came out she paid people to 'come forward' about accusations that weren't accurate against Trump.

All this propaganda needs to get lost. It didn't help the supremacist when Obama got elected, it didn't help the left wing extremist Christians fight off his legislate to allow same sex couples to join in a union, and it sure as hell isn't going to change the fact that majority vote went to Trump.

If he fucks up, I doubt no one will seek his impeachment just like any other president who would fuck up. Seriously though, the hype is just that...hype over dumb shit. People who forget to look at the whole picture, and the fact that is whole election process was full of so much mud slinging it put any other election to shame in the history of America....really have no room to talk, because in the end they are too caught up in the drama and not the facts.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:52 PM   #154
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
Honestly, this whole election was shit period. There was no "better candidate" and no matter who made it into presidency it was going to be fucked. There was just two evils that no matter what leads to over all bad for the US people.
Exactly. This election was pretty much a kick to the groin no matter who won.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:55 PM   #155
Nanessa
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soriel View Post
Trump being elected as president... RIP America, RIP democracy, RIP women's rights, RIP minorities rights, RIP America's finances...

Say welcome to ''A Marde''rica!, the land where they shoot black peoples for no reason or enslave them, where the womens have no place in a man's job and are left in the kitchen, cooking or washing the dishes and where every nations of the world will become an enemy! If you do not wish to be part of this camp... wait, immigration web services are down due to a high traffic!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhckuhUxcgA

Seriously though, this does a good job of summing up my thoughts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEwCvHVS394
Old 12-04-2016, 05:12 PM   #156
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Finishing my placement matches for S3 of Overwatch.

What started out as a good winning streak slowly began to turn into shit. While I expected some loses, I wasn't expecting to get steamrolled in some 3 games back to back due to people fighting with each other and people refusing to switch heroes cuz "muh main".

In the end went 6W/4L and got gold. Fuck me...
Old 12-21-2016, 11:39 PM   #157
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Video games where you can't backtrack "because the character doesn't want to". Hit a situation like that in Corpse Party where I forgot a key item needed to avoid getting a bad end. No reason I can't physically go back for it other than my character bitching "We came too far to turn back now!"
Old 01-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #158
Sirkura
Forum Member

You know I thought long and hard about this. Then realized, i didn't actually have to think that hard. Simple really.

Fcking

Blender!

:c angry:

I am not new to animation and 3d modeling by any means. I personally am most familiar with 3ds max. Unfortunately the models i'm currently working for have no export/import format in max so i need to use blender as a proxy.

Cool, most programs have available plugins and scripts to do exactly that, infact, blender even had FBX and DAE. Cool means this will be easier then i thought.

so process! i'll save the exacts

BlenderFBX>Import to 3ds>edit>export as FBX>import to blender>Blank model with no rig or bones.

okay maybe i messed something up. i'll try again

Export as DAE>import blender>bones imported along with model>bones flying off into distance.

>long grueling process of importing and exporting between them in various formats.

Ok now i'm frustrated, i start from scratch

Export from blender>to max>back>fail

Now i'm thinking eff it, and just wanna make sure my scripts are working.

BlenderFBXExport>Imports same FBX into blender with the blender included plug in>Unable to read ACII encoding

WHAT???? i gave up shortly after that. xD its clearly an issue with blender vs any of the scripts themselves. I'll include some pics for lolz at my hardship

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9UZZ33d.png
Views:	8
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	179743   Click image for larger version

Name:	p84sLdx.png
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	179744   Click image for larger version

Name:	NPAaSTC.png
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	179745  

Old 01-10-2017, 08:56 PM   #159
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Being in a rut again. Overwatch is getting dull and I can't find anything else to play. Tried to find some decent co-ops but nothing really wowed me.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:31 AM   #160
Isabeau Onyxheart
Scary Cat
Forum Member

I've had such a huge backlog of games to play, and I finally took time away from work and ffxiv to play some.

So instead I played my staples of payday 2 and subnautica instead, both of which I already still also have hundreds of hours in. RIP backlog. -_-

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum