Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
delusionalbastard
Hume Mod Apprentice
Forum Member

Default Need Guides That Use To Be on FFXIDats

in getting back into modding I realized something
i forgot to save all the guides i use from ffxidats.com

i was wondering if anyone is still in contact with mooshy and his friend who name i can't remember right now ( i think its gary or dave not sure)
or if you saved those pages to your computer for future use

i used alot of there guides for working on my dats cause my memory sucks lol

I know used the guide for priorities, hq dats, and a couple others

any help would be great
Old 07-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
Destiney
Death Blossom
Forum Member

They should have been all saved over at The Goblin Tailor I believe.

http://thegoblintailor.forumotion.ca...lkthroughs-f5/
Old 07-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
delusionalbastard
Hume Mod Apprentice
Forum Member

k, i have made an account there before i think its still active
Old 07-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #4
Jamesy
Dat crafter Extroardinare
Forum Member

ffxidats is completely shut down it no longer exists at all so goblintailor is the only place with the guides left on it other then the few i have saved
Old 02-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #5
ShySCH
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Is there a *public* place to get tutorials? Forcing people to register is terrible. It was bad when FFXI Dats did it, its bad that the rinkydink Goblin Tailor does it, and it's bad that this site does it (for downloads).
Old 02-14-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
Kamilynn
Displaced ffxidats modder
Forum Member

Location: Kinda sorta near Sioux Falls, SD; close enough to work there but not quite enough to hang out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShySCH View Post
Is there a *public* place to get tutorials? Forcing people to register is terrible. It was bad when FFXI Dats did it, its bad that the rinkydink Goblin Tailor does it, and it's bad that this site does it (for downloads).

Yes. It is terrible. Nazi like even.

Don't these people realize that the internet is made so that people can exclusively consume others work without any sort of effort or input?! So inconsiderate these sites are! It is such a terrible inconvenience to provide contact information and maybe contribute to the community a bit </3

Injustice all around! /boycotts
Old 04-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
ShySCH
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilynn View Post

Yes. It is terrible. Nazi like even.

Don't these people realize that the internet is made so that people can exclusively consume others work without any sort of effort or input?! So inconsiderate these sites are! It is such a terrible inconvenience to provide contact information and maybe contribute to the community a bit </3

Injustice all around! /boycotts
Seriously? Well don't use the FFXI wiki, FFXIAH, Wikipedia, or a million other sites out there that somehow manage to have free information without requiring registering. I guess you prefer having to login to NYTimes to read news articles?

It is an inconvenience. I had to jump through hoops to get registered here. My email spam filter is aggressive towards poorly configured mail servers and known spammers, and there's no way to get this particular forum to resend the authorization email. I had to send the mod a PM not once, but twice. All because I was interested in a single file. If you don't think that's retarded, you have problems. No, I am not changing my spam filtering for people who can't set shit up properly.

Forcing a user to register to have access to something that does not require something specific to my user credentials breaks one of the golden rules of web development. You want to build a community? Fine. Offer something that makes people want to come and eventually contribute. If you force it, you just piss people off.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
Destiney
Death Blossom
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShySCH View Post
Seriously? Well don't use the FFXI wiki, FFXIAH, Wikipedia, or a million other sites out there that somehow manage to have free information without requiring registering. I guess you prefer having to login to NYTimes to read news articles?

It is an inconvenience. I had to jump through hoops to get registered here. My email spam filter is aggressive towards poorly configured mail servers and known spammers, and there's no way to get this particular forum to resend the authorization email. I had to send the mod a PM not once, but twice. All because I was interested in a single file. If you don't think that's retarded, you have problems. No, I am not changing my spam filtering for people who can't set shit up properly.

Forcing a user to register to have access to something that does not require something specific to my user credentials breaks one of the golden rules of web development. You want to build a community? Fine. Offer something that makes people want to come and eventually contribute. If you force it, you just piss people off.
Yeah an those websites you listed also don't have the adult content that Neko has. Granted registering does not deter every single underage idiot but it will deter some as well as cover the butts of the people running things. You're complaining about registering to a free forum site with adult content in several of its forum sections. I'm pretty sure 75% (if not higher as I am just guessing since I don't spend my time looking for adult sites) adult sites require registration and/or proof you are 18+. Sorry that you fail to see that as a good reason for requiring an account to this forum.

An if you're email has that many issues. Yahoo an Gmail are free. I had no issues getting an account here with my Yahoo mail.

Last edited by Destiney; 04-30-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #9
Jamesy
Dat crafter Extroardinare
Forum Member

I agree with destiney and kami although I don't agree on people using 18+ mods like they areexplicit to me and don't follow my taste, but this is a site that caries 18+ nude mods not to mention is a forum for almost anyone with an account to post so registering is completely understandable and if you think registering here is a hassle I believe you should have a long time to think about life because there are far more terrible things out there you have to deal with.

So instead of whining ask people which guides you need we can see if we have them and provide them.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #10
delusionalbastard
Hume Mod Apprentice
Forum Member

all of your arguments are null and pointless, in some shape and form, besides the moral points on adult material and a few other good points

the whole email thing is bullshit, cause even pay for sites have issues with spam filters, if you don't like your spam filters then stop using free email services and pay for some email so you can actually control your spam filters

its really all about supply and demand
and wither or not if the supplier wants to do

if the supplier wants to charge a fee and they have what you want
guess what your paying for it or not getting it

if the supplier wants a little info in trade for free product
then supply it bitch

if the supplier wants to supply it for nothing in trade then happy days

but even all the places you listed have features you can't get without signing up, or making a payment of some type

all sites of any decent size half to pay for there place on the web and how they pay for and how much it cost them dictates how they do that

i think Gulkeeva pointed out once that the adds on the site, and a few other makes enough money to may for the majority of the site and they come out of pocket for the rest. (which i don't know how, with so few adds and how much bandwidth, data, and size the site is)

i know ffxi wiki has 10 times the adds on it then neko does and is actually very annoying, since alot of the times the adds come up covering over the screen
ffxi ah is like wiki with a butt load of adds
and i'm so glad you live out ffxi allakhazam which has open to anyone, more access to register users and even more for pay accounts

but another separating point from them from neko and goblin is that all there stuff is gathered from the game, se, or another controlled source.
there is very little user submitted info in there sites besides the area of the different info they have posted discussion areas.

while neko, goblin, and the few other remaining sites like these are i would dare say 95% user submitted information & user submitted work.

so yeah, me being one of the mod artist, now one of the guys that updates the tools we use (yeah i'm the only guy updating VRS list now ), and the help and info i provided for the other registered users
i would like people to register

cause damn it if everything was free free, no one would make any money on anything and everything would slowly fade away

cause everyone knows we live in a world where money makes the world go round

edit: The NY Times does have you register and pay for certain things on there site as well, any commercial site will have a few things of free access to get you to look, after that its break with some bread cause what they rare really after is your money

Last edited by delusionalbastard; 04-30-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #11
Kamilynn
Displaced ffxidats modder
Forum Member

Location: Kinda sorta near Sioux Falls, SD; close enough to work there but not quite enough to hang out there

It is simple enough - if it is worth the hassle to you for the content, you'll do it. If it isn't, don't.

I don't mind signing up for things because I generally like to contribute. I do not even consume the 18+ content here, so I hadn't considered that aspect ^^;
Old 06-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
elyja
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default getting back to FFXI

Hey guys it has been a VERY long time since I last played FFXI and now I have returned, but I have a new PC and want to install the old .dats I had I have found some of them floating around in this forum still but the one thing I can't find is the "how to install" tutorials I remember seen here before... I been away from all this modding for about 5-6 years and I really need some help... I hope some one's still active on here that can help me out with this. Thanks in advance...

~Elyja from Lakshmi.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #13
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

Start by grabbing Model Viewer over here =>

Model Viewer

Set it to read from your FFXI installation folder in order to browse/find/construct/breakdown individual dat files. If you need a step by step on how to run Model Viewer, Grumpy Rarab's website has some pretty well done walkthroughs.

Now that you have Model Viewer and can view and find your dat files, its time to start changing them~! I'm personally using Korith's Mod Manager, downloadable here =>

Korith's Mod Manager.

It's a pretty straightforward program that not only lets you manage "Swap Sets" for fast/easy bulk changes you wish to repeatedly use (nudie sets off/on! lol), but it even backsup your originals incase you forget to do so yourself.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner » FFXi Tutorials