Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum

Notices

Old 01-05-2018, 11:14 PM   #241
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Trying to find a mechanic opened on the weekend. Need to get some maintenance done other than an oil change (Leaking wiper fluid, alternator might need to be replaced, etc.) however I can't find anyone open and I'm kind of tied up for the next week with work due to installs.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:18 AM   #242
Nattack
Still here
Forum Member

Twitter: nattajerk
Tumblr: kaggentoo

Uuugh, I just had a3000 dollar bill for parts and labour for fixing 4 brakes, ebrake, and an oil change.

But enough about that, my cousin is paying alternative healing bulldooks in family chat.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:21 AM   #243
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Heater isn't working so I call up the emergency maintenance number. Tell the guy about it and they say it'll have to wait until tomorrow since it's a known issue with other residents living on the top floor.

I wish I could be that lax when I'm on call.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:24 AM   #244
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

The feeling of looming retaliation for being a whistle blower so to speak. For the last 10 months disciplinary has hardly existed where I work. No call no show two days in a row is about all that was being upheld, so long as you didn't do that you could pretty much get away with anything. Insubordination? Check! Abandonment of post? Check! Refusal of Overtime? Check! Sleep on the job? Check! Falsify documents? Check!

I finally got fed up with it when I heard there was a new person over the warden, and she was a bitch. I contacted her about all the issues going on and got her involved in a couple instances where disciplinary policy wasn't being followed. Needless to say I got what I wanted, she tore into them so bad they have a claim of hostile work environment and all communication is done by email now. On top of that no one in administration will talk to me, but I hear rumors they are constantly questioning what I do and trying to find something to hem me up on, so now I feel like there is a target on my back every day.

It pisses me off I had to go to that extent to get something going that would have helped us retain people over the last 10 months and keep the bad ones, that still have jobs, out of the facility. Granted they can't retaliate without valid reason, but damn...shouldn't have had to come to this at all.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:07 AM   #245
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Kat, you did what you had to do. With some chance now, the work environment will improve. Maybe you will finally have the opportunity to take some time off work and relax. Seems to me that's what you need right now.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:58 AM   #246
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

I don't know...my warden, the regional director, and one above are all on administrative leave right now due to this and a few other things at the moment. I like my warden, he is a good guy and got a lot of things going that we needed, so I'm not sure why this fell on him so hard. The main ones not doing what they were supposed to was the deputy warden and chief of security who was in charge of disciplinary.

Maybe it is because he expected them to do their job and assumed they were instead of looking into it to make sure they were? Maybe it is a mix of various things and this was just the final straw on top of it all?

I just wanted to make sure that my staff got home safe at the end of the day. That they could come into work and trust the other officers they work with to do their job, to be there to support them if the need arose, and most importantly made sure no one died during our watch.

Inmate or staff.....I don't want the burden of knowing I didn't do my all to ensure they stayed as safe as possible. I've already had to look family of someone who was murdered in the eye and tell them "I don't have the answer for why this happened." That is the one thing that made me pursue this, because I do know...god I know why....and I don't want to have to try and ever have to say those words again.

I didn't become an Lt for no reason. I don't have my job to make friends....I just want to make sure we all go home safe.....and alive. If that creates waves, if that puts a target on my back and an eye of scrutiny for everything I do and every decision I make, then so be it. At least I can say my conscious is clear because I did everything I could to keep those under my watch safe, inmate and staff alike.....because that is my damn job. Is that such a bad thing?
Old 01-18-2018, 02:51 PM   #247
the_red_sun
Forum Member

Site I've been part of for over a decade died.
:(

Also: Year Two of Cheeto n' Chief
Old 01-21-2018, 04:13 PM   #248
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

~19 inches of snow coming tonight and tomorrow. March needs to get here soon.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:15 PM   #249
Petardo238
Forum Member

When rain without have an umbrella :P
Old 02-26-2018, 04:10 PM   #250
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Old printer broke, clogged up (epson inkjet). Tried to fix it, searched for tools to help me fix it and gave up. Had to buy a new printer and now instead of paying near 100$ to change all 4 of the ink cartridges, my new Canon Inkjet will only cost me around 60$ each time I will need to change the 2 cartridges.

Now, time to break up the old printer and send it to the ecocenter... At least, now the beartrap Epson laid in it will be far from me, my finger still hurts a little since then.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:07 AM   #251
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,705 Times in 3,492 Posts

Trying to record a interesting thing you saw ingame, but when you check later it wasn't recorded... because you apparently already had "recording" mode on... for the last 24+ hours and actually turned off record when you pressed the record button earlier...

Randomly, I find it impressive that a 27 hour 4K 60fps video with Nvidia video recorder is only 220GB
Old 03-24-2018, 08:29 AM   #252
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Earlier this week: Highs in the mid/high 40s to low 50s. Today: 1-3 inches of snow is expected.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:06 AM   #253
Pumpkinpie69
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Since I stumbled up this, I had to reply because one thought came right away! You know what pisses me off? Mothers who expose their children to meth. Its a damn epidemic in my town. New one in the news each day. Now that makes me RAGE!
Old 03-31-2018, 10:16 AM   #254
Velvetta
Forum Member

Having to write 10 random postings before finally being able to post pics pisses me off about this forum rn

Apart from that I'm having holidays but can't seem to relax properly cause I'm feeling bad about myself being "lazy", and that sucks. I had to work very hard before the holidays and should definitely enjoy the sweet side of life, but I kind of struggle to do so.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:44 PM   #255
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

"Hey, you know the HVAC always messes up on Friday and then we are fucked cause you guys don't want to come in on the weekend and fix it, right?"

'Well if it does, just go into the software and correct the air flow mixture this to correct it. Might have to restart the chillers if it drops below 30F.'

Does as instructed so not trying to get ahold of Admin and Maintenance every time the temperatures get too hot. Next Friday gets an email from Major 'Stop fucking with the air system, it is unacceptable'

Seriously? Fine...calling your ass in the middle of the night when areas shoot up to 100+ every weekend *smiles and nods head* Then you can jump maintenance ass for how frequently this happens, and why it only seems to happen on Fridays.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:40 AM   #256
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

>Spend half a decade being frugal and not spending money on myself to be able to afford things like a house and a car on my own
>Finally ready to start buying some things I've been putting off forever just to get my mind off what a horrible state my country and the world are in
>Find some stuff I want to buy on eBay, make sure my Paypal account is still active and update all my passwords
>Try to sign in on eBay using my username I've had for over a decade but haven't used since 2012 or so with 100% positive feedback
>"Oops, that's not a match. Try again?"
>Try to reset password using email address I KNOW I originally used for signing up because it's an AOL account I've had for 20 years and it's the same one I use for Paypal
>Spend an hour digging through packages from some old things I bought on eBay hoping to turn up a receipt or something with my username on it so I can make sure, come up empty
>Try all the solutions I can find on Google

Fucking A. If it's been deleted for inactivity, SAY SO. Don't tease me as if it might still be there and I somehow forgot to type a user name I've had since I got out of high school. It won't even let me search the site to see if my username still exists. And going back in the feedback of sellers I've bought from to try to find my name is useless because it doesn't tell you the exact date the feedback was left. It doesn't let you click on the names either, anyway.

Also I have a Trump-cultist troll uncle who blurts out ignorant shit and blatant lies at family parties and pisses everyone off just so he can go "U mad bro" at the whole family. When you call him on his shit he pretends he can't hear what you said or changes the subject. If you walk away because you realize you'll never get through to him and it's not worth it to engage, he goes "Come back when you're done crying!" That man is over 50 years old and he starts shit like this at his children's birthday parties.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:05 AM   #257
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

So on a whim I stopped by a Gamestop last week and found out another store nearby had a used SNES Classic, which I have hunted for in vain for months. I went over and bought the thing, immediately jumped on the internet to learn how to hack it, got Hakchi and spent several hours adding games. Go to plug it in to load the games... no USB cable, only power and HDMI.

So this happens at 1 in the morning on a Saturday night, so I have to wait until the next day to go buy a USB micro cable. Shit was 15 bucks. Take it home, watch several tutorials, dump the kernel, spend hours looking up release dates and box art, patching games that need fixes, making custom folder logos. Finally had 68 games ready to go. Finish up Hakchi, unplug Classic and hook it up to my TV. Turn it on... black screen.

After panicking and fearing I'd bricked it, I came back to my computer, uninstalled all the hacks and flashed the original kernel back onto it. Take it back to the TV, it boots up fine. Figured I screwed up something in the installation. Come back, redo the custom kernel, redownload all the box art and release dates because I deleted them to make a fresh start on my second attempt. Hours pass. Remove some of the more complicated games I was afraid were causing a problem. Synch the games, Hakchi says everything's fine, unplug and hook it back up to the TV. Turn it on... black screen.

Start googling because I cannot figure out wtf is going on. Every time I set it back on the normal kernel it works fine but shits the bed when I add games. Wind up on Nintendo's support site where I see the words: "Make sure to use the included USB cable. Other cables may not supply the device enough power." I look at the picture... wait, that doesn't look like my cable. Mine can't detach at the plug end like that.

I take another look at the power cable that was in the box. It's a fucking Motorola phone cable. That explains why I had to buy a separate USB, if the original cable had been in there I could have detached and used it instead.

Now I'm in a panic because I'm afraid I might have bought a fake console. I quickly check my serial number on the unit against the one on the box and the one on the sticker Gamestop put on there. They all match. The original games seem to emulate properly, savestates work. Hakchi didn't freak out, so it must be a real console. But I still don't have the right power cable. Best Buy didn't have any accessories for sale for the Classic AT ALL, not even a carrying case, will Gamestop have a real cable? Who knows. They obviously didn't bother to check that it had the right cables before they sold it to me to begin with.

And more importantly: Even if I find the right power cable, will it actually make a difference and make the damn thing actually boot up correctly? Find out on the next exciting episode of Why Can't Anything In My Life Go Right The First Time!
Old 05-22-2018, 11:19 AM   #258
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

"Who cares if people trace/recolor other people's work and don't give credit to the original artist as long as they don't make money off it?"

I still can't believe people believe try to use this as an excuse to justify tracers/etc.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:32 AM   #259
Morgion
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDisaster View Post
>Try to sign in on eBay using my username I've had for over a decade but haven't used since 2012 or so with 100% positive feedback
>Try to reset password using email address I KNOW I originally used for signing up because it's an AOL account I've had for 20 years and it's the same one I use for Paypal
>Spend an hour digging through packages from some old things I bought on eBay hoping to turn up a receipt or something with my username on it so I can make sure, come up empty
>Try all the solutions I can find on Google

Fucking A. If it's been deleted for inactivity, SAY SO. Don't tease me as if it might still be there and I somehow forgot to type a user name I've had since I got out of high school. It won't even let me search the site to see if my username still exists. And going back in the feedback of sellers I've bought from to try to find my name is useless because it doesn't tell you the exact date the feedback was left. It doesn't let you click on the names either, anyway.
Oh god, don't get me started on Internet password protection bs. I have such a hard time remembering the passwords for the effing everything that needs passwords these days. I can't IMAGINE how it would be if you were getting old and losing your memory or had alzheimers or something. wtf.

I try to cope by using a formula for my passwords, where the first part will be the object I'm trying to use a password FOR, with a capital of course, and then my own personal code that remains the same for everything. Unfortunately, it always has numbers, lower, and uppercase letters. But it lacks a punctuation mark. Oh no, now some places demand you have at LEAST one punctuation mark! FFS.

What's worse is when you try to login, and you try the formula, it doesn't work, it doesn't say wrong password or something, so then you try again thinking you made a mistake, or maybe forgot to capitalize something or whatever. but nope, nothing works, just says wrong. Doesn't tell you the password 'rules'. So then you go reset, and you make a new password, and then it says nope, it needs at least one punctuation mark! I'm like GEE I WISH I KNEW THAT TRYING TO LOG IN. So I have to make a new password at this point, and so I include punctuation, th en it's like, nope, that was your last password! AGHAGHAHG. So then I try to login normal, nope it has been reset! FUUUUU.

My own personal code thing isn't 12345 or anything like that, but it DOES have 3 numbers in sequence in a part of it, and some places don't let me do that. Can't have 3 numbers in sequence! Too easy to guess despite the password having like 10 other characters in addition to that!

I'm sorry but how the hell could some password cracker figure out a password like FjaieEJ123KASJF easier than say.. 231 or whatever. The people that make up these arbitrary password rules don't even think about what would actually help. Instead they make it harder for the people who are SUPPOSED to log in, and EASIER for the people who are NOT supposed to. Freakin' idiots.

Like if you're only allowed a certain number of characters, and you know that a certain amount of them MUST be a specific kind of character. All you do is reduce the number of permutations possible for the password, making the theoretical password cracking program more efficient. While it may make it harder to randomly guess a password via human, that's never going to happen to begin with unless you make your password 'password', '1234', or something. Just ban those particular kinds of examples if you want to prevent easy unwelcome logins.

edit:
Oh yeah, my credit card online management thing is terrible too. It's not good enough to get the password, you then have to answer 5 questions correct, even if you get your password correct on the first login attempt.

Problem is you MUST select questions from a pool, you can't make your own, and *EVERY DAMN ONE* is a stupid ass question that will become obsolete over time. Like 'What is your cellphone model'? Cuz like, WE USE THE SAME CELLPHONE FOR LIFE DURRR... 'what street do you live on?', 'What model of car do you own?', 'What is your employer's last name?'.. Like *EVERY* single damn question are ones that are prone to change before long. FFS. What kind of moron designed this!?
Old 06-23-2018, 09:16 AM   #260
Ash-K
Forum Member

Many people noadays have to use a notebook to remember all their passwords

But bad for you if you loose the notebook ...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum