Views:	3290
Size:	772.0 KB
ID:	100161  
Old 03-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 5,271 Times in 2,669 Posts

looks almost as crazy as when I was working on ffxi skeletons over there on the side.

As for the file type converter nothing as of yet ;/ Someone may have to program one...
Old 03-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

Apparently someone made one as recently as November of this year, but the download link was removed. I've been currently trying using the UDK development kit, but its a no-go there too.

Also, the .gpk library is a rare method of doing things. Granted its designed to help hard drives access files faster, but whatever tool was used to package them into the .gpk is either proprietary, or not freely available to the public.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Do you have a file name of what it was called? may be able to track it down to other sources
Old 03-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

The tool was generated due to this thread. But no mention was made as to what it was called. On page 2 someone mentions tera, but the topic has gone unnoticed.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Looking at that thread, then what GPK "standard compression" is, looks like.. it can be different per company that uses it. Looks like we'll have to find one made specifically made for tera, not just one made for some other game
Old 06-23-2012, 03:45 AM   #7
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

I've been following the recent developments for modding TERA. There is a tool called uMod (universal modding tool) that is able to intercept the texture between the disk and the DirectX engine, essentially allowing you to replace the texture so that something different is rendered. The files on the disk are not changed at all. It is not vertex or skeletal mesh manipulation, it is only texture changing. The tool allows capture of all textures currently being used. Then I can take those textures, manipulate alpha and so forth, and it should be displayed in the game.

Only one problem. I can't get my mods to work.

Other people are able to change things, and it works just fine, so I have downloaded a few and tried them out. It works, but there are problems. I won't get into all the details in this post, but suffice to say, its probably most efficiently used just on your own character instead of others. You can use it on other characters, but it might take more time than its worth.

I will continue to try to get my own mods to work, but for the time being I'm stuck with other people's stuff. At least we have SOME mods now.

As a teaser example, feel free to feast your eyes upon the beginning of TERA mods.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wenrick For This Useful Post:
Gulkeeva (06-23-2012)
Old 06-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #8
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

SUCCESS!

That's right, I figured it out. What a pain in the ass program. Though its easier to use than VRS, at least VRS isn't as glitchy as hell.

Anyway, yes, I can now edit textures to my desire. Within a few short moments of figuring it out, I was able to modify some things. All modders can do with this program right now is edit textures and/or alpha maps. No skeletal mesh edits or motion edits are possible as of yet.

The textures need to be set on setting 1, which is actually a low setting, and as such, makes it a little more difficult than I expected. Still, now that I got it working, I should be spending countless hours on this. So let the floodgates open.

I am open to requests, too, though I can't take on too many.

And as a start, here's a sample of what I've been doing. I'm starting with dark patch colors, and will transition to matching colors in a few days, as well as other fun stuffs and edits. I also toned down the glowing vulva. It still glows a bit, but I'll be changing that soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wenrick For This Useful Post:
Kickern (06-23-2012)
Old 06-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #9
Soonja
Forum Member

Good job bro!

Cant wait to see what you do.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:40 AM   #10
catastrophie
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

i have a request/challenge. Can you modify the female lancers shield? Not remove it completly because then you couldnt tell if you were blocking (hard enough to do in game as is sometimes) but make it smaller so when its on our back we can well ... see our backsides. Im kinda of tired of seeing a giant door on my back as i roam around.

I got the nice enigmatic t12 plate and i cant even enjoy it >.>
Old 06-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #11
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

Okay, well, an update of sorts.

Turns out there are whole chunks of skin that the developers decided to delete out, mostly due to making the files less bloated. These sections of skin are under clothing, of course, so they're not easily seen. Once I started alpha-channeling out certain areas of armor, these open areas started appearing. The areas are usually crotches and nipples and the area surrounding. Removing those areas couldn't have saved them much disk space, really. The areas are so small anyway. Why take it out? I must say I'm very disappointed.

Also, uMod is still as glitchy as ever. Some of the mods I've downloaded from Naduron don't work at all, while others work fine. It really depends on which .gpk he was using as a base. A texture in the old KR beta .gpk will have a completely different hex address than a texture in the US .gpk. You need to have the exact same hex address, or the mod will not work. Manipulating the name of the file doesn't fix this.

And one last thing to gripe about, is that I can't make my own mods from scratch, as they just don't work at all. Haven't been able to do anything of my own doing. The only mods I've gotten to work are a few from Naduron, which I can then modify further if I wish. Nothing else works. The example above is one of the few I've been able to get to work. Too bad the tip of the breast is unrendered, else I'd trim those cups down a little more. It severely limits mod options, which is a bad thing.

To say this is infuriating would be a complete understatement.

Edit: Catastrophie, that doesn't sound too hard, but unfortunately, I can't make anything from scratch right now. Currently trying to find a way to make it work.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #12
catastrophie
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

for the skin missing parts. if you pan your camera into your char you will see the reverse side of the armor. They did that for ffxi as well. The only real issue with this game over ffxi is players have different skin tone options and not a universal one, because you are going to have to draw in skin where the armor was.

if you can't figure a way to render the skin color code you may have to just make a mod that completely redoes the characters looks to make armor mods. .... or maybe find a way to make the deletion of armor like a tan line.

or lastly just set skin tone guidelines. e.g. to use this armor mod you must make a <x character> and use <x skin color option< then your mods will be compatible and the player can still choose face and hair options.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #13
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Looks like you aren't the only one working at it :p
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ice8ab9fda4dab04d0274e81aae35f92e710cf8f6.jpg
Views:	2239
Size:	693.5 KB
ID:	105052  
Old 06-26-2012, 03:10 AM   #14
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

Naduron has a version of just about every Castanic, Elin, and High Elf armor. Truth be told, there's nothing for Amani or Human yet, but he's working on it. His website, for those of you who still don't know.

I am basically sticking with Castanic for the time being. I did make a High Elf, but I deleted her about a week ago. And though I tried to make an Elin several times, I just can't make a face that I like. So I don't have an Elin either.

The good news is, I've figured out how to make a few more of Naduron's mods to work. Just had to manipulate which .gpk he was using as a base for the mod.

And more good news. If Naduron has modded it, I can manipulate it further. Having plenty of fun maipulating Castanic Leather 17 (pokey suit of seduction).

The bad news is, I still can't make my own from scratch. I have to use something Naduron has edited. Too bad its just texture mods.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #15
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

After some reading around a bit, seems the mods only work on low texture mode? Needs high quality...!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #16
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

Due to uMod only being able to capture the medium resolutions, we're stuck with that. Seriously though, I'm impressed with how detailed the textures are even with texture resolutions similar to XI. I think the Unreal Engine has ways of optimizing how things look.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #17
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

Well, I think I'm happy with the texture mods I've made so far. Took a few hours of tweaking, though. And here's some pics for your enjoyment.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wenrick For This Useful Post:
ffxiAhleah (06-27-2012), Gulkeeva (06-26-2012), tomlin980 (01-01-2016)
Old 06-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #18
greedisgood
Regular Forum User
Death Skull

Great work there Wenn. Now just need to make those high quality xD
Old 06-29-2012, 03:04 AM   #19
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

That may soon come to fruition. Modders are already talking about increasing the texture size to 512x512. Not sure if it will make a big difference yet, but we're going to try.

Also, an example of the missing, unrendered skin areas that mess up a perfectly good project. /sigh

Old 06-29-2012, 06:08 AM   #20
catastrophie
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

question:

I've been reading up about the modding of these files and in order to do a lot of swaps you have to start the game thru umod to get them to work. Will the final product of the mods be like ffxi and you just replace the file and good to go, or will we have to play the game thru umod for them to work?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions » Tera