Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum

Notices

Old 03-28-2017, 04:19 AM   #181
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
How bad is it? Last I heard they dropped the price 35% already.
35%? No, I've only seen a 10% drop on its price through EA's Origin. It isn't bad overall, just that it does have some issues that usually Mass Effect titles don't this time around.

It still has a wide scope and great story like usual. The battles are pretty difficult at times, even on Normal as is par, and the characters are fleshed out very well as you'd expect.

I don't like the fact they got rid of the paragon/renegade meters this time around, but that isn't to say that there aren't consequences for giving the wrong answer. It just isn't as glaring this time around and the options are a little different this go around. It is more based on Humility, logic, deception, or just being outright blunt, but they can affect how the story plays out and what allies you will get as you go along so it is still important to think about what choice you're going to use with any given character.

The graphics are damn nice, the gameplay is still good, and the presentation is still there. I do enjoy the flexibility in how you can build your character with the new Profile options as you go up, and more importantly that you can switch between them to adapt your characters strengths and weaknesses around the party you're playing with. For anyone that enjoyed the Reaper fight where you are on the ground fighting this giant enemy, they have big fights like this also but more so your entire party against a big Remanent Archetype on the ground. When I say big...I'm talking sky scraper big and these so far are Optional fights, but the drops they have are well worth the fight and can give a huge benifit (and negative for that benifit) that compliments your play style. I still haven't completed the game due to all the content there is.

The nomad sections are fun, if a bit daunting at times, but no where near what it was like in Mass Effect 1 maneuvering wise. There is a low torque gear 6 wheel drive and high speed 4 wheel drive that you learn to use to get over different terrain. The worlds you explore in it have differing weather and effects, and hours and hours of quests and exploring in them. There are also upgrades you can buy and craft as time goes on.

Touching on crafting, it is usually better to craft your own weapons rather than buy them from NPC stores. This means you should pick up materials as you go along. You can customize these to have different effects, be much stronger than the store bought counterparts, and augment how many slots they have for adding modifications.

The multiplayer isn't something I have really touched on, but I've heard it can be rather fun and challenging as well.

That said, the issues it does have isn't super bad, but can be game breaking if you aren't aware of them. Something they could hopefully fix with a patch to the game. Those primarily being the facial animations/motion capture weirdness, the lack of freedom in character looks customization, and the obvious quest glitches that exist.

Again, the quest glitches can be avoided if you know what causes them. This means do not leave an area that has anything where you have to activate multiple consoles or free multiple NPC. If you do, you will have to reload a save from before you made the mistake to fix it. I currently have one quest I wasn't willing to load an older save to fix outstanding simply because I didn't notice I had accidentally activated a console before moving on. This being the 'Fact or Fiction' quest in Veold's Kett Base where you have to overload 3 consoles to gain access to information later in the base. Activating one console then moving past the area breaks the quest, but again this is a bug that can happen on any quest/mission that has a mechanic like this.

That said, the issues it has isn't as bad as say...the Batman game had with its PC version (so broken it was pulled and refunds given). They are just more a show that this time around certain parts of the development cycle were cut or rushed through the QA side, or they forgot one of the main reasons people love RPG's like Mass effect, Elder Scrolls, and similar - that being you create your own unique look and play the game through with it rather than a small number of pre-selected looks.

Last edited by kitkat; 03-28-2017 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Typos and such cause I just woke up....yes....just woke up..I'm a night owl.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:43 PM   #182
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Ah gotcha.

Anyway, road construction is starting and already hating it. Not only do they have a good stretch of one of the busiest roads under construction now, but now they're also starting construction where I work making it even more of a pain in the ass to get out of there during rush hour.

My vacation needs to hurry up.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:34 PM   #183
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

FE heroes event units being tied to 5* summon.

I so wish they also added special maps so we could obtain 1* version of them there in case someone just started the game and happens to not be shitting money to burn on RIGs...
Old 03-31-2017, 02:45 PM   #184
otaku33
QuickFap
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soriel View Post
Ok, time for a serious post to open the ball. Trying to cure oneself of the most deadly sickness that exist, emotional lonelyness, by speaking with someone that you beleive will understand it only to see that poerson shut it's door and stay chained in it's own fears of being hurt by others. Only way of getting out of the emotional lonelyness sickness is by speaking and opening up. Hurts a lot when the other does not want to listen about it.
People just want to be heard!
Old 04-03-2017, 05:33 PM   #185
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

This new hire officially hitting every one of my buttons.

Last Week: Left a high priority ticket go unassigned for too long and my manager got notified of it. Had to spend the remainder of my day and some of the next investigating and resolving.

This week: Another ticket left unassigned and with my boss out my boss's boss got involved. Once again now I need to haul ass and investigate while dealing with my other stuff since between now and next week Wednesday I have 8 assignments I need to get done before my vacation and my god this idiot isn't making my life any easier.

And if that wasn't bad enough they've also made content changes to pages on production sites that they didn't fully test, broke stuff, and now I will probably have to get involved in that too tomorrow morning. Last week they also staged up debug code for one of our applications (which wasn't there before) and they never told me about.

I get they're new, but they're obviously in over their head and I can't babysit them while working my own shit.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:09 AM   #186
Tskrian
Forum Member

Raaaaaaaage
Old 04-22-2017, 10:13 AM   #187
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Allergies. Every time I get them I normally develop a sinus infection/sore throat.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:24 PM   #188
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
This new hire officially hitting every one of my buttons.

Snip!

I get they're new, but they're obviously in over their head and I can't babysit them while working my own shit.

I know this...all...too...well right now. This new hire I have is literally one that just shows up...but seems to have either no clue what to do, or doesn't care. On top of that seems entirely untrainable...which in this job is very very dangerous.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:17 PM   #189
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
I know this...all...too...well right now. This new hire I have is literally one that just shows up...but seems to have either no clue what to do, or doesn't care. On top of that seems entirely untrainable...which in this job is very very dangerous.
Don't remind me. I love how they asked me what was wrong with an ASP.NET page not loading because they didn't read the stack trace giving details on why the page didn't load. The best (as in most retarded part) is they even said it was working fine until they submitted data for the page. That should have been an obvious hint as to what was wrong.

Anyway....

My car is on its last leg I think. My engine seems to be dying at random times when I slow down/stop. Normally it happens when I back out, but happened today coming home for lunch when I was pulling into a parking spot. Afraid of what it will do if I'm on the actual road.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:37 PM   #190
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

Depending on make and year that could be a couple things causing it. Could be a bad vacuum line/sensor, oxygen sensor, or even something to do with the injectors.

As for the new hire....well she just....I don't know. Normally I don't have trouble reading people, but she is a total enigma to me. All I can say at this point is her not doing her job is dangerous to both inmates and other staff.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:22 PM   #191
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Everyone seems to have job issues right now. Mine, they fucking cut the hours given to each department and we need more staff. Go figure what goes on in their head... Might as well start my own job, problem is no funds.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:25 PM   #192
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

My TV bill now being 7.50 more a month "As costs to provide infrastructure and cable increase, we must adjust our prices accordingly"

I think once my promotion is over I'm going to can the TV and just go Netflix/Amazon/Hulu exclusive...
Old 05-21-2017, 04:38 PM   #193
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Having my PSN stolen by some random person. If I ever catch that person, he will end up with the emperor (a iron casting of my whole arm upscaled two or three times) up his ass. With enough lube and perseverance, anything can enter a small hole.

That asshole even tried to steal 60$ via paypal and I can't resolve my problem since Sony is having an unscheduled maintenance right now!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum