Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-05-2017, 11:03 PM   #1
PrettyKitty
Secretly A Lizard
Forum Member

Thumbs up Nude Mod Installation & Custom Textures

There are 100 pages on the Miqote thread, with lots of texture modifications lost within it. The lack of guidance on how to get this all working, along with the previous mentioned fact, made me decide to finally make a specific thread for this stuff.

The Nude Mod

Installation should be simple and straight forward.
Get the mod here (FREE): http://forum.neko-sentai.com/showthread.php?t=14483
Thanks to ANaughtyMiqote for the new, free mod.

Installation

Installation instructions are given in more detail on the page for the mod. For simplicity, I'll go over only the basics here.
  1. CREATE A BACKUP OF YOUR GAME CLIENT
    This is important. If something goes wrong, you don't want to have to download the entire game again, do you? Some people suggest only backing up specific files, however if you've got the room, I'd suggest backing the entire client up. It's easier to patch an outdated client that way if for whatever reason, you have to use the new client.
  2. Launch NyaaughtyPatcher.exe
  3. Select your 'ffxiv' folder.
    This is wherever you installed the game to. '\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\sqpack\ffxiv'. The folder literally named 'ffxiv' in the 'sqpack' folder is what you need to select.
  4. Check all of the options with check boxes in the white box.
  5. Click Install, and let it do it's thing.

When it finishes, you can close the program and launch the game to do a test run. Go into character creation and make sure everything installed smoothly for each race.

And that it is. If all looks right, you have the basic nude mod installed and are good to go.

Not satisfied still? Keep reading on.

TexTools

The thread for Textools is here: http://forum.neko-sentai.com/showthread.php?t=14364

I highly suggest reading the original post before moving on, as it has some information you may want to know. You'll have to download the current version of TexTools from there before moving on.

Giving a short summary of what this is; the original nude mod is installed, so you now have the models (Nipples, labia, etc) added to the races. Everything on top of that however, is a texture. TexTools is a program linko made that allows you to swap texture files in the game client. Using this, we can replace the low quality texture that the original nude mod gives you, as well as change features such as the color or resign of the nipple, or even add pubic hair, despite being flat due to it only being a texture.

Why is that texture low quality? For whatever reason, the textures the base nude mod gives you are scaled down in quality. Under certain lighting, you will see a pixelated effect on your skin. That is generally due to the bad texture quality. This applies to all races excluding Au Ra. Last I checked, Au Ra's texture was fine in the base mod (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Here is the list of custom textures: http://forum.neko-sentai.com/showpos...32&postcount=2
Here are the steps to apply those textures:

1. MAKE A CLIENT BACKUP
    You do not need to do this if you already have a fresh backup, or created one when you installed the base mod. You just want any unmodded backup that you can fall back on if anything goes wrong.
  2. Find the texture you want to use. Click HERE to go to the list of textures. Download the texture you want, for the race you want.
  3. Open the TexTool
  4. Set your ffxiv folder directory
    This is the same thing you did when you installed the base nude mod.
  5. Expand the character tab under Explorer
  6. Click Body
  7. Click the race dropdown, and find the race you want. They aren't all listed there, so use this as a reference if you need to:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
    Miqote, Midlander, and Elezen all use the same texture.
    For either of these:

Race: Midlander Female
    Texture Map: Diffuse
    Num: 1

Highlanders and Roe's use the same texture.
    For either of these:

Race: Highlander Female
    Num: a

For Au Ra Raen:

Race: Au Ra Female
    Num: 1

For Au Ra Xaela:

Race: Au Ra Female
    Num: 101
  8. Once you've selected your proper race, click 'Save DDS'
    This will save the DDS of that texture to 'Saved\Character\Body' in the Textools folder.
  9. Copy the full name of that DDS file
  10. Paste the name to the new DDS file you want to use as your texture.
    The name needs to be exactly the same.
  11. Overwrite the old file with the new one.
  12. Go back to the TexTool and click 'Import' this time.
    The new texture should show up in the Image box.
  13. Click 'Help' at the top
  14. Click 'Check for problems'
  15. 'IF' it tells you that you have an extra .dat file that may cause updates to not appear in game, follow through and let the program deal with it. This 'Check for problems' button can fix a lot of problems, so keep it in mind.
  16. Repeat the 3 steps above until there are no detected problems.
  17. Close TexTools, and launch the game. Everything -Should- work fine now.

Optional
  18. Show your hot bod off in this linked thread: http://forum.neko-sentai.com/showthread.php?t=14463

Last edited by PrettyKitty; 09-19-2017 at 07:49 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PrettyKitty For This Useful Post:
Curiosity (09-09-2017), delusionalbastard (10-23-2017), garath (09-09-2017), Lidiha (09-10-2017), marosh (09-21-2017), NoodleFeet (09-13-2017), Ryujiv2 (09-06-2017)
Old 09-05-2017, 11:03 PM   #2
PrettyKitty
Secretly A Lizard
Forum Member

Textures

There are a variety of different styled textures from different people. They're generally scattered all over the place however, so I will try to keep this list as updated as I can. If I am missing something you want added, leave a post on this thread.

PrettyKitty Simple Textures
^(Midlander/Miqote/Elezen/Highlander/Roegadyn/Xaela/Raen) (Notice: These textures were made using lower quality bases. If the base Nude Mod texture does not bother you, then you should be able to use these fine. When I made them, I wasn't aware of how drastic the quality difference was between the base game and the basic nude mod texture. These will be remade and reuploaded eventually)

PrettyKitty Simple Textures Design's 2 & 3
^(Midlander/Miqote/Elezen) (Notice: These textures were made using lower quality bases. If the base Nude Mod texture does not bother you, then you should be able to use these fine. When I made them, I wasn't aware of how drastic the quality difference was between the base game and the basic nude mod texture. These will be remade and reuploaded eventually)

PrettyKitty Kind of Natural? Bush + Optional hair trail past anus
^(Midlander/Miqote/Elezen/Highlander/Roegadyn/Xaela/Raen)

Paprikkaprikka's 'Realistic' Pubic Hair and Butt depth textures
^(Midlander/Miqote/Elezen)

Sense's Puff-Puff

Sense's Puff-Puff Blus
^(Midlander/Miqote/Elezen/Highlander/Roegadyn)

Kaedekins' Textures

Lyntz's Buttcrack + Bush

Lyntz's Buttcrack (No Bush)

Merged Textures

N/A

---

Last edited by PrettyKitty; 09-21-2017 at 05:51 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PrettyKitty For This Useful Post:
jako992146 (09-11-2017), komch (09-09-2017), Lidiha (09-10-2017), Ryujiv2 (09-06-2017), Sigodek (09-06-2017)
Old 09-05-2017, 11:04 PM   #3
PrettyKitty
Secretly A Lizard
Forum Member

Also Reserved
Old 09-09-2017, 04:10 PM   #4
Curiosity
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Thanks for the thread, it was a big help getting the mod set up. I was wondering if Hassik's "cleaned out" normalmaps were left out intentionally. Maybe there was an issue with them I don't know about? I believe I can't link, so
Spoiler: show
showpost.php?p=283716&postcount=647
showpost.php?p=284578&postcount=792
showpost.php?p=284595&postcount=800
The first one is probably quite obsolete, but I haven't compared these to know which would be the recommended ones. I'm using the middle one, personally

Same with komch's female midlander diffuse at the tail end of the thread. showpost.php?p=289079&postcount=1837

Also, a link to the post with an updated version of paprikkaprikka's textures would be more convenient, so that people don't have to find the "next post" themselves, little trouble as it is. showpost.php?p=283657&postcount=640
The Following User Says Thank You to Curiosity For This Useful Post:
tl13l (09-12-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 10:58 PM   #5
SDODC13
Forum Member

When trying to apply some of these mods, there are some that are labeled N instead of D. Are these for the Normal Layer? Also Is there any mods out there that do not include body hair?
Old 09-11-2017, 04:18 AM   #6
PrettyKitty
Secretly A Lizard
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
Thanks for the thread, it was a big help getting the mod set up. I was wondering if Hassik's "cleaned out" normalmaps were left out intentionally. Maybe there was an issue with them I don't know about? I believe I can't link, so
Spoiler: show
showpost.php?p=283716&postcount=647
showpost.php?p=284578&postcount=792
showpost.php?p=284595&postcount=800
The first one is probably quite obsolete, but I haven't compared these to know which would be the recommended ones. I'm using the middle one, personally

Same with komch's female midlander diffuse at the tail end of the thread. showpost.php?p=289079&postcount=1837

Also, a link to the post with an updated version of paprikkaprikka's textures would be more convenient, so that people don't have to find the "next post" themselves, little trouble as it is. showpost.php?p=283657&postcount=640
I thought I linked the updated post, guess I didn't.

I'll check the links you gave as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDODC13 View Post
When trying to apply some of these mods, there are some that are labeled N instead of D. Are these for the Normal Layer? Also Is there any mods out there that do not include body hair?
N is most likely Normalmap, and I don't know if there is a clean shaven HD set out there.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:51 PM   #7
SDODC13
Forum Member

Yeah I did try that but when importing it shows a black box :/

Quote:
N is most likely Normalmap, and I don't know if there is a clean shaven HD set out there.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:08 PM   #8
Curiosity
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDODC13 View Post
Yeah I did try that but when importing it shows a black box :/
Were you trying to use Hassik's normal maps I linked? I really should have mentioned it, but they don't have mipmaps generated for them so you have to generate those. From what I gathered going through the old thread, a previous version of TexTools didn't require it or something (?). You can run them through an online converter or use an editing software to resave them. Just remember to tell it to generate mipmaps, and pick the right surface format (A8R8G8B8 for the body).

...thinking about it, this is probably a reason to not necessarily include these links without sufficient explanation, or just reuploading them corrected.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:50 AM   #9
SDODC13
Forum Member

Quote:
Were you trying to use Hassik's normal maps I linked? I really should have mentioned it, but they don't have mipmaps generated for them so you have to generate those. From what I gathered going through the old thread, a previous version of TexTools didn't require it or something (?). You can run them through an online converter or use an editing software to resave them. Just remember to tell it to generate mipmaps, and pick the right surface format (A8R8G8B8 for the body).

...thinking about it, this is probably a reason to not necessarily include these links without sufficient explanation, or just reuploading them corrected.
Well I know the puffpuff mod had some in it, which is where I ran into it more specifically.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:56 PM   #10
tl13l
Forum Member

Quote:
snip
Thanks for the legwork on this, saves me a huge headache.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #11
PrettyKitty
Secretly A Lizard
Forum Member

Quote:

The last reserved post is going to be a troubleshooting post for issues like the black texture. Just haven't actually gotten to working on that part yet.

As for normalmaps, as far as I'm aware you generally only need 1 normalmap set for any texture. I had originally planned on trying to get ahold of people who have corrected the belly seam issue on the normalmaps to ask to reupload them in this thread as just a baseline set of NM's people can use for any of the listed textures.

If someone already has a full set uploaded that fixes the seam issue then I can just link to that post as well.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:26 PM   #12
newrdm
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Tail Delete

@PrettyKitty

for Lyntz's Buttcrack it said to delete your tail. how?
Old 09-18-2017, 03:36 AM   #13
LucyLucy
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Hi, the free version is no longer aviable?
I am just new here : (
Old 09-18-2017, 06:47 PM   #14
garath
Miqo'te Enthusiast
Forum Member

Tumblr: garath79

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyLucy View Post
Yes there was a bit of an issue with the creator of the mod. all links & downloads for it have subsequently been removed as of this past weekend.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:02 AM   #15
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,609 Times in 3,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garath View Post
Yes there was a bit of an issue with the creator of the mod. all links & downloads for it have subsequently been removed as of this past weekend.
If someones still got it around, they could of course send it privately. Of course spamming a request for it, and or random peoples bad also!
Old 09-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #16
ANaughtyMiqote
Perverted Programmer
Forum Member

I see mentions of a HQ version of the basic low-poly nude mod. Is there a link for it? The ones I see in the OP are all HQ but different modications to change things.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:55 PM   #17
PrettyKitty
Secretly A Lizard
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrdm View Post
@PrettyKitty

for Lyntz's Buttcrack it said to delete your tail. how?
You'd have to figure it out by looking at linkos texTools guides. You don't need to delete the tail to use those textures, it's optional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyLucy View Post
It's available again. Updated the original post with a new link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANaughtyMiqote View Post
I see mentions of a HQ version of the basic low-poly nude mod. Is there a link for it? The ones I see in the OP are all HQ but different modications to change things.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Quality Bases.rar (1.24 MB, 78 views)

Last edited by PrettyKitty; 09-19-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:21 PM   #18
Lyntz
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default ButtCrack[ver.No-Bush]

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	3.75 MB
ID:	186772

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	590.1 KB
ID:	186773

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	186774

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	716.5 KB
ID:	186775
Attached Files
File Type: rar ButtCrackNoBush.rar (1.35 MB, 154 views)
Old 09-21-2017, 05:48 PM   #19
PrettyKitty
Secretly A Lizard
Forum Member

Just throwing this set out for anyone who wants to use them. They're all on quality skin textures.

Tried to go for just a kind of natural dark bush. Don't know how well it turned out because I'm bad at judging my own stuff.

You'll notice there are 2 folders. Use "Butt Hair" (Yes I named it that), if you like it being really 'natural' I guess down there. It adds hair past the length of the vagina and around the anus. I figured it could be someones fetish, so there you go.

If you just want the bush, use the other folder.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HIghlanderMedBush.png
Views:	120
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	186781   Click image for larger version

Name:	RoeMedBush.png
Views:	92
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	186782   Click image for larger version

Name:	ElezenMedBush.png
Views:	107
Size:	1,021.8 KB
ID:	186783  

Name:	MidlanderMedBush.png
Views:	117
Size:	978.4 KB
ID:	186784   Click image for larger version

Name:	MiqoteMedBush.png
Views:	194
Size:	912.3 KB
ID:	186785   Click image for larger version

Name:	RaenMedBush.png
Views:	199
Size:	934.3 KB
ID:	186786  

Name:	XaelaMedBush.png
Views:	172
Size:	717.2 KB
ID:	186787  
Attached Files
File Type: rar Natural High-Roe.rar (2.37 MB, 51 views)
File Type: rar Natural Mid-Miqo-Elez.rar (3.06 MB, 72 views)
File Type: rar Natural Raen.rar (1.58 MB, 52 views)
File Type: rar Natural Xaela.rar (1.83 MB, 55 views)
Old 09-22-2017, 05:25 AM   #20
Lyntz
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default TailDeleter

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NT.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	822.4 KB
ID:	186794  
Attached Files
File Type: rar TailDeleter.rar (589.5 KB, 51 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion