Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat

Notices

Old 12-26-2020, 04:30 PM   #421
hamvault
Forum Member

Wow...I'm really sorry to hear that even happened. I'm not trying to stir any emotions when I say this, but I don't understand why the MMD community (Japan, China, Western, etc) has so much drama attached. At the end of the day, were pretty much just looking at animegirls dance around.

I understand the guy getting worried, but he handled this poorly. I really hope this doesn't discourage you from MMD. It sucks when it's someone you like that mistreats you, but luckily a good number of Japanese MMD content creators are actually nice. Like vexxo said, while there will be some flakes, I'm sure other people would defend you.
Old 12-27-2020, 06:59 PM   #422
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I might sound flippant, but life's too short to worry about what is probably a vocal minority of Japs think of you. As with our best friends, the xxSnowcherryxx types on deviantart (who, I think we all forgot about until I mentioned them), there's no changing their attitudes. They probably don't want you using MMD at all, what with all these creative restrictions they try to impose. I think this gets framed as a uniquely Japanese phenomenon by some people, but it's snobbishness you can find anywhere.

On that happy note, in case you missed the tiny "Thanks", merry Snegurochka, Vexxo.
Old 12-27-2020, 09:30 PM   #423
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdmon View Post
I might sound flippant, but life's too short to worry about what is probably a vocal minority of Japs think of you. As with our best friends, the xxSnowcherryxx types on deviantart (who, I think we all forgot about until I mentioned them), there's no changing their attitudes. They probably don't want you using MMD at all, what with all these creative restrictions they try to impose. I think this gets framed as a uniquely Japanese phenomenon by some people, but it's snobbishness you can find anywhere.

On that happy note, in case you missed the tiny "Thanks", merry Snegurochka, Vexxo.
It's more that the way things are progressing all my stuff is going to be deleted from the booru by the admins. That's what really makes me sad. At the end of the day I can stand around and point out 50,000 other instances of gameripped models literally blanketing the internet on every video site and data warehouse, but I have to be the one that gets called out, and the one that gets punished. So there's unquestionably a why-me element to it.

And for what it's worth, that guy did use models from my last set. I know because I saw him post pictures with them on his Twitter back when I first released them in June. I even downloaded and saved them. He stopped a week or two later after he apparently realized I used ripped data (even though I made NO SECRET about it and labeled it not only in the readme but on the models themselves), and later apparently made his own versions of some of the same characters (specifically Takumi and Aki). But he absolutely did use them. He knew then. He didn't have a problem until I mentioned his name. I could have thrown that right back in his face but I didn't because I didn't want to cause trouble for him, and I have been debating ever since whether I should have seeing as the staff took his side.
Old 12-28-2020, 03:44 PM   #424
Vexxo
Hug giver
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdmon View Post

:) hope you are passing festivities well
Old 01-02-2021, 12:32 AM   #425
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

I was thinking for a new years resolution I might finally register on Iwara. My question about it is: Is publishing videos that don't have sex or nudity in them frowned upon there? I know they have a non-H side but even that is full of barely-not-sex videos and nudity gets posted on a regular basis. Most of the videos I have actually made to completion are humor-oriented and while they have a lot of bad language that's about it. Basically I just don't want to stick out.

Oh, since Japan is equating oxen with cows here's a redo of Shizuku that I can't distribute now. I have become what I hate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yearofthacowmerang.png
Views:	48
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	198162  
Old 01-02-2021, 10:31 AM   #426
fldxzt
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxo View Post
Alo guys! long time no see,i hope you are all doing well! and also i wish you a merry christmas!

also to stay on thread topic i wanted to know if someone could figure out the pass for this qt

thanks and again,merry christmas and happy holidays!
The pass is just shown in description くろかみおかっぱいいよね
The Following User Says Thank You to fldxzt For This Useful Post:
Vexxo (01-02-2021)
Old 01-02-2021, 10:43 AM   #427
fldxzt
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Need help with these models
bowlroll 208234
bowlroll 232104
Tried many pass that I can guess,but none of them works,anyone could figure out the pass ,thanks!
Old 01-02-2021, 09:07 PM   #428
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDisaster View Post
It's more that the way things are progressing all my stuff is going to be deleted from the booru by the admins. That's what really makes me sad. At the end of the day I can stand around and point out 50,000 other instances of gameripped models literally blanketing the internet on every video site and data warehouse, but I have to be the one that gets called out, and the one that gets punished. So there's unquestionably a why-me element to it.
Well, mmda takes things down only when someone comes onto the booru and makes a fuss about it. With his schizophrenic approach to management, I'm surprised someone hasn't hosted an alternative booru. As for the nipponese guy, I think it's the same thing but with a Japanese spin and twitter followers. Those few nips who act like that have already probably started complaining about the next gaijin to be in what they see as their territory. Maybe he and those few people really have it in for gamerips. Most people don't care, they just use whatever looks nice. The post is still up if you think saying something might be worth it, but it's probably just a waste of your time, and the guy will just use it as fuel for his twitter drama.

But at the end of the day, whatever their motivations for taking it down, I assume people already downloaded it, and the files are out there on the internet, forever.

Last edited by lewdmon; 01-02-2021 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-04-2021, 03:59 PM   #429
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Quote:
I was thinking for a new years resolution I might finally register on Iwara.
Was thinking of that doing myself as a curiosity experiment, which I happened to make a few days ago, but haven't done anything on it. Thought about putting my animation videos to gauge reactions, comments, and
the audience for whatever I make.

Quote:
Is publishing videos that don't have sex or nudity in them frowned upon there?
I wish I knew since whatever videos I would upload will most likely be clothed. I just browse Iwara for DLs.

Quote:
bowlroll 232104
Pass is mukkyun. Double checked the board.

Last edited by QuestionableEnigma; 01-05-2021 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:58 AM   #430
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionableEnigma View Post
I wish I knew since whatever videos I would upload will most likely be clothed. I just browse Iwara for DLs.
Same. Although I don't even go there that much now, there just isn't much there that captures my own interest since most of it still boils down to 'the same old dance videos as nicovideo except they're naked, and not always for the full song'. If I did sign up I think I'd wind up spending more time in the forums than the videos. I think a big problem is that the tags haven't been updated in forever, so there's way too much under the 'other' tag to find what you're looking for, and people using tags that don't apply to their videos (like slapping Vocaloid, Idolmaster and Kancolle tags all on one video with characters from none of the above; that kind of tag abuse will get you banned on most other sites) clutters up what few tags you can separate by. And rather than devote the time to it I'd rather spend my time on other things, like making things. Or redoing things I made in the past that I wasn't satisfied with.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	walkingsex.png
Views:	31
Size:	558.8 KB
ID:	198165  

Last edited by MMDisaster; 01-05-2021 at 02:04 AM. Reason: *very* wrong kind of salute by accident
Old 01-05-2021, 11:51 PM   #431
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Quote:
Same. Although I don't even go there that much now, there just isn't much there that captures my own interest since most of it still boils down to 'the same old dance videos as nicovideo except they're naked, and not always for the full song'.
I usually like MMD videos that are never dances, since it's the kind of thing anyone can do if there's a motion for the dance. I like really creative stuff that's original that's outside of the usual MMD-dancing norm. Like how an animation video can make MMD look like you're watching an RPG game or an anime, along with other action-oriented spectacles, if on the SFW-side of things anyways. I like those a lot. But, I don't look for those on Iwara, and there are very little people in Iwara that cater to my appeal in the my personal fetish department. If I really felt up to the task I could see how much reception my stuff would get.

[Edited my post about that bowlroll pass in case it slips by anyone.]

Last edited by QuestionableEnigma; 01-05-2021 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:37 AM   #432
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
I was thinking for a new years resolution I might finally register on Iwara. My question about it is: Is publishing videos that don't have sex or nudity in them frowned upon there? I know they have a non-H side but even that is full of barely-not-sex videos and nudity gets posted on a regular basis. Most of the videos I have actually made to completion are humor-oriented and while they have a lot of bad language that's about it. Basically I just don't want to stick out.

Oh, since Japan is equating oxen with cows here's a redo of Shizuku that I can't distribute now. I have become what I hate.
Quote:
Was thinking of that doing myself as a curiosity experiment, which I happened to make a few days ago, but haven't done anything on it. Thought about putting my animation videos to gauge reactions, comments, and
the audience for whatever I make.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a non R-18 side of Iwara. You can post normal videos like dance videos there. http://www.iwara.tv/
Old 01-08-2021, 08:29 PM   #433
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythterious View Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a non R-18 side of Iwara. You can post normal videos like dance videos there. http://www.iwara.tv/
I know it's technically a non-R18 side but about 90% of the videos that wind up there are borderline or R18 anyway. Traffic also doesnt seem to be near what the R18 side gets. Despite what I do with model editing the vast majority of the videos I've made are not even slightly sexual (because the ones that ARE are either incomplete or not even close to my expected standards). I just don't want to stick out.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:08 PM   #434
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythterious View Post
Quote:
I know it's technically a non-R18 side but about 90% of the videos that wind up there are borderline or R18 anyway.
Could talk about this on the Iwara forum, or seeing how Youtube will turn out, that's all I got.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:33 PM   #435
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Could talk about this on the Iwara forum, or seeing how Youtube will turn out, that's all I got.
I had a Youtube account years ago, but I haven't used it in so long they might have deleted it. Also almost every video I uploaded there got flagged for copyright due to audio, so I'm not eager to find out what would happen if I tried again now.

Also........

I was going to link something here but I don't want to stir the drama up again... but I'm not really happy about some hypocrisy-related things I've seen appear on Bowlroll lately. I might be less irritated if I knew if I was being credited for it, but it's not publicly available so I can't tell. So if anyone noticed and was wondering, yes, I saw those models. Let's leave it at that.
Old 01-17-2021, 02:36 AM   #436
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

If anyone's wondering, yes, Minami's outfit is based on Erika Eleniak's outfit from Under Siege. That scene had a very big effect on a very young me.

The coat comes from Ritsuko's anime casual dress model, I modded it five years ago to be openable for another edit I did back then. I redid the UV map to add the stripes and extrapolated the shoulder insignia. The panties are the T-Back ones but modded to be a higher cut (and re-weighted not to clip), and the high heels are from the old bunny suit models.

In other news, Torahaze recently returned to the internet and put some of his models back up. I discovered the reason he pulled them down in the first place was because he was butthurt about a Japanese BBS thread where people were redistributing models. Thanks to the Streisand effect I discovered the board in question at

jbbs.shitaraba.net/otaku/17680/

Where they do indeed share models. However they use very short-term uploaders that only have the files up for 3 days so you have to stay on top of it or you will miss things. Any thread there with "シェア" in it will have links. However there is one thread there that I am definitely not clicking on and I don't advise you to click on either. If you translate the thread titles you'll see what I mean. Could just be a translation difference but I don't want that in my browsing history.

Finally... the same mod who said gamerip content was going to be banned from the booru openly advocated for someone to upload pirated content in the forum. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And on that note, is yiffparty dead or just relocated? It hasn't been online for over a month now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	inthenavy.png
Views:	18
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	198199  

Last edited by MMDisaster; 01-17-2021 at 02:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MMDisaster For This Useful Post:
Vexxo (Today)
Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM   #437
hamvault
Forum Member

Quote:
And on that note, is yiffparty dead or just relocated? It hasn't been online for over a month now.
yiffparty is dead. There's a backup named kemonoparty, but it seems to still be in the early stage. Also I think it got rid of fantia support.
The Following User Says Thank You to hamvault For This Useful Post:
MMDisaster (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM   #438
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Update on my search for Iori's twintails: There's an old 3D Custom Girl mod that appears to have what I need, but nearly all the sites I used to go to for 3DCG stuff have gone offline... Hongfire is gone, and so are most of the Japanese uploaders. Is there a booru for 3D Custom Girl like there is for Koikatsu? If I could just find the heavy save .png, or the .tso or .tah, whichever, would be good enough, I can handle the conversion myself.

dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ112904.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RJ112904_img_main.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	198200   Click image for larger version

Name:	RJ112904_PTS0000003715_2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	198201  

Lower Navigation