Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » NPCs, Mobs, Chocobo etc

Notices

Old 11-21-2006, 04:05 PM   #1
alilsassy
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Kickern! (or other modder) edit Mhuara Boat!

Make it look like d speed boat LOL. Or somthing different, or tell me which files they are if you know, or find them ^^

Riding it alot fishing... need a new view.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Default Re: Kickern! (or other modder) edit Mhuara Boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alilsassy
Make it look like d speed boat LOL. Or somthing different, or tell me which files they are if you know, or find them ^^

:lol: You know how to color textures better than me Sassy.
The only difference is that the zone dats have more textures on them to edit. Btw, if you look at the list in Changetex, you may notice the first part of the name will be things like effect, model, etc. The ones named Model are for the "normal" meshes, and other things in there are effects like the shape of the moon, the sun, water, etc. You could change the way the sky looks too. It's pretty easy to tell what all the different textures are just by what they look like if you are familiar with the zone you're working on. When you save out the .dds or .bmp files, I would stick with the names you see from the dat file which is listed with Changetex. Anyways, the dat file for the ship between Selbina and Mhura is either 1-1-24 or 1-1-25. Those two look identical, so I can't tell what the difference is, I recommend modding both, but with different colors or something, and seeing what they look like in game. I'm curious about why they made two ships.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:26 PM   #3
alilsassy
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

ty much sir ^^
Old 11-21-2006, 10:22 PM   #4
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
ty much sir ^^
Woah, "sir"? :lol:
You're welcome, ma'am. :wink:
Old 12-27-2006, 12:04 AM   #5
Onionsoilder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickern
Quote:

The only difference is that the zone dats have more textures on them to edit. Btw, if you look at the list in Changetex, you may notice the first part of the name will be things like effect, model, etc. The ones named Model are for the "normal" meshes, and other things in there are effects like the shape of the moon, the sun, water, etc. You could change the way the sky looks too. It's pretty easy to tell what all the different textures are just by what they look like if you are familiar with the zone you're working on. When you save out the .dds or .bmp files, I would stick with the names you see from the dat file which is listed with Changetex. Anyways, the dat file for the ship between Selbina and Mhura is either 1-1-24 or 1-1-25. Those two look identical, so I can't tell what the difference is, I recommend modding both, but with different colors or something, and seeing what they look like in game. I'm curious about why they made two ships.
Beacuse their are two ships in-game. Nearly identical, except that they have diffrent captains.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:51 PM   #6
alilsassy
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Well I had tried to do some editing, but I must be saving wrong or somethin, cause I cant see the changes. I rode the boat both ways too, so I havent done anymore with it. Its alot of idividual pictures or whatever you want to call the textures. If anyone else decides to take it on and post it, I will be happy ^^
Old 01-01-2007, 05:17 AM   #7
Lycoris
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionsoilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickern
Quote:

Beacuse their are two ships in-game. Nearly identical, except that they have diffrent captains.
I thought it was two, one for a pirate encounter included, one without pirates...
Old 01-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #8
alilsassy
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Hmmm... i think you are right. I saw soemthin about that, either in dats, or thru a fishing forum or something. AND if that is the case, then if you colord them 2 diffent ways, you could effectively tell your whm friends when they have a chance of seen blackbeard and his ship mate ^^

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » NPCs, Mobs, Chocobo etc