Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 11-30-2006, 05:12 AM   #1
Imperial
Forum Member

Default FFXI - Aegis of Release

Hello Neko-sentai residents!

My name is Kisats and I play on the Unicorn server. A few months ago I started to get into photoshopping and video editing and have focused a lot of video projects on FFXI.

Currently I am creating a FFXI video series/drama called 'Aegis of Release'. The most recent episode, episode 4, recieved a 9.2/10 from Cruia himself. So don't just take my word that you will love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvyBT6d1ZP8

If you liked it be sure to check out the others, leave your criticisms and comments and questions, I'm more then happy to respond to them.

I would like to make one thing clear though. Aegis of Release Episode 1 is not part of the AoR series. It will be redone and much much better. I advise you don't watch it for now.

Be sure to check out my video archive at http://youtube.com/user/essorance

I hope you enjoy.

Peace.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:20 PM   #2
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Damn thats freaking awesome.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:40 AM   #3
Jayamiko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I was only able to watch a bit of the first few episode dealies, and... hum. I dunno, really. =x I'm crazy picky when it comes to writing(English major, go figure), and from what I've seen, you could use a bit of improvement there. Other than that, the concept seems sound, and you seem to know where you're going and how you want to get there.

I'll check out the rest tomarrow, maybe.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:10 AM   #4
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,213 Times in 3,294 Posts

looks pretty good, must of taken awhile to do all that .DAT searching and swapping of effects
Old 12-01-2006, 03:19 AM   #5
aidenraine
Taru Eater
Forum Member

I look foreward to more of this. these are very well done.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:46 AM   #6
Imperial
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayamiko
I was only able to watch a bit of the first few episode dealies, and... hum. I dunno, really. =x I'm crazy picky when it comes to writing(English major, go figure), and from what I've seen, you could use a bit of improvement there. Other than that, the concept seems sound, and you seem to know where you're going and how you want to get there.

I'll check out the rest tomarrow, maybe.
Nice to meet you. You and my editor have something in common, both English majors.

I can explain to you how things work, and how sometimes there can be minor spelling or grammatical errors.

The story is originally mine. Celaeno, irl, is a professional writer who edits the first draft of each episodes script. She also helps me out w/ ideas and problem areas, such as story continuaty etc.

Once she sends me the first draft I make more ammendments, show it back to her, and she sends it back once more and that is the final script. Due to this there is very little room for any kind of errors.

Alas, I never ever ever edit or do any kind of work on these videos at a decent time of day. I can't you see. So I am up at 4AM or whatever photoshopping each part of the script, line by line. Sometimes errors can occur this way.

But I take no offence to it. I encourage people to point out my mistakes wherever they see them.

To all the others thanks for being so receptive, it's nice to have another new forum home where I can promote my videos, and who knows maybe one day I'll make a mithra video of sorts you might like haha.

Peace.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:13 AM   #7
Saphire
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayamiko
I was only able to watch a bit of the first few episode dealies, and... hum. I dunno, really. =x I'm crazy picky when it comes to writing(English major, go figure), and from what I've seen, you could use a bit of improvement there.
Yeah, I thought the same thing, I just didn't feel right saying it. <.< >.>

I like the editting and all though. Maybe I'd rather see voice actors.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:17 AM   #8
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Only if they're "Professional" voice actors. I've heard far too many pubecent teenagers attempt to sound intimidating on newgrounds flashes. Imagine the voice of a galka. Deep, booming, then all of a sudden it cracks like the whip of puberty. Then I've heard really bad voice acting. English dubbed hentai anyone? So yeah, text unless the voice actors are really good.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:19 AM   #9
Nephi
Ahleah's play toy
Forum Member

wow i seriously adore it!
Old 12-01-2006, 11:20 AM   #10
Saphire
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

IMO the main flaw is that they just give all the info away too fast. Having that taru explain it all right away in just one breather, for example. Not to mention how she didn't even react to A- three guys breaking into her home B- some guy shooting one of the intruders in the eye.
As I said, the dialog seems lacking and the information given out too easily, probably to make it fit in those small text bubbles. That's why I think using voice actors would be better.

Btw, what do you use to make the show? :O

And if you make 'mithra videos of our liking' I will <3 you for the rest of time XDD
Old 12-01-2006, 07:20 PM   #11
Imperial
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire
IMO the main flaw is that they just give all the info away too fast. Having that taru explain it all right away in just one breather, for example. Not to mention how she didn't even react to A- three guys breaking into her home B- some guy shooting one of the intruders in the eye.
As I said, the dialog seems lacking and the information given out too easily, probably to make it fit in those small text bubbles. That's why I think using voice actors would be better.

Btw, what do you use to make the show? :O

And if you make 'mithra videos of our liking' I will <3 you for the rest of time XDD
If this was a novel or a half an hour episode I could do that, but it isn't, and I have to try and fit things as concisely as possible in a 10-15 minute time frame.

Not easy, though I would love to do this it's just not possible.

As for voice actors, as above people have said, not an option because I know no one who would suit the voices of the characters.

Text works.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:11 AM   #12
Shinrasin
The Divine King
Forum Member

I like your work Imperial you and Cruia should work together one day to make a bad ass movie. :twisted:
Old 12-02-2006, 03:38 AM   #13
Imperial
Forum Member

Thanks Shinrasin, I didn't think you watched.

I love some of your .dat work, am heavily considering using some of it because it looks so cool.

Since AoR 4 came out I've been getting a bit more recognition which is good, including from Cruia himself. He sent me a PM w/ his critique, I won't copy and paste but he gave it a 9.2/10 and it seems he is considering doing a cross-server collaberation video and wants me to be a part of it.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Also, AoR 5 going to be out hopefully mid-late january but I have TWO major videos planned to be out in December, I think you guys will love them.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:21 AM   #14
Shinrasin
The Divine King
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial
Thanks Shinrasin, I didn't think you watched.

I love some of your .dat work, am heavily considering using some of it because it looks so cool.

Since AoR 4 came out I've been getting a bit more recognition which is good, including from Cruia himself. He sent me a PM w/ his critique, I won't copy and paste but he gave it a 9.2/10 and it seems he is considering doing a cross-server collaberation video and wants me to be a part of it.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Also, AoR 5 going to be out hopefully mid-late january but I have TWO major videos planned to be out in December, I think you guys will love them.
Cant wait to see what you come up with next. I buzy trying to get BLU to 75 then that when my evil plan will set out. Then the .dats i make is going to be base off of my evil plan for revenges on my sever^^. I wouldnt mind getting Listening to Ninety-Nine Nights OST. Some great stuff. I was pretty shocked when that .dat when Relinquish use that sharp point spell. The way you have that casting was just too bad ass. And i didnt even know anyone knew about that .dat until i seen it in your movie. I am dieing to see what you come up with next. :twisted:
Old 12-02-2006, 05:42 AM   #15
Imperial
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinrasin
Cant wait to see what you come up with next. I buzy trying to get BLU to 75 then that when my evil plan will set out. Then the .dats i make is going to be base off of my evil plan for revenges on my sever^^. I wouldnt mind getting Listening to Ninety-Nine Nights OST. Some great stuff. I was pretty shocked when that .dat when Relinquish use that sharp point spell. The way you have that casting was just too bad ass. And i didnt even know anyone knew about that .dat until i seen it in your movie. I am dieing to see what you come up with next. :twisted:
Glad you're looking forward to it.

I strongly suggest you get the N3 OST, it has an amazing selection of music. My friend got it for me and I was stunned, I instantly knew the majority of those tracks would be a perfect fit to some of the scenes in AoR.

The spell Relinquish used was Eald'narches crystal spear things. Looks very cool indeed and he'll be using it a lot more often eventually lol.

One thing I want to say, to anyone who studies English or is a writer or fond of writing or something, the editor of AoR script and my aid to the story is a writer and has books released, if you'd like you can check out her homepage, her books are fantastic:

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon2/hlfleming/

Many thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff