Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 12-06-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,611 Times in 3,431 Posts

Default Why there is no world of Warcraft section "yet"

As I mentioned in another thread that went slowly to bashing each other instead of a game.

I've not made the section yet due to few things.

1. Tensions between WoW and FFXi are still pretty high, and any cross of the 2 "usualy" results in bashing and making a soorta flame thread.

2.Most people I know, and most the stuff on the site was originnaly geared for FFXi since 've played it for like 3 years.

3. There will "eventually" be a WoW section, but not till things settle down where somehow outa nowhere 5-6 posts into a thread it becomes a flame/bashing thread.

This is supposed to be a soorta community site where people share info/ideas/random chat/pictures , not sit and bash each other to death >.>
Old 12-06-2006, 12:55 PM   #2
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

But bashing people to death is fun!

See? Even Ghandi agrees.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:16 PM   #3
Dragoon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I said it my self that I wasnt gonna waste my time with WoW Vs FFXI stuff anymore.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
Kibz
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

To be honest, I get argumentative because Dragoon's sig hijacks my browser when I'm trying to scroll through these and it gets clicked :cry:

Ok, that's not really honest but I couldn't think of anything else to say. And I've got nothing better to do!
Old 12-06-2006, 01:57 PM   #5
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
I said it my self that I wasnt gonna waste my time with WoW Vs FFXI stuff anymore.
I still do only because I'm a stickler for technical advancments and hate when people call WoWs models an advancment. Just the same when people get this false logic that because XBox 360 has the "most powerful CPU" that it would be the best system. The joke and trick that so many fall for is they aren't looking at the technology right, XBox 360 has the most powerful CPU literally but everything else about it is still old technology.

Graphics capability is around that of a GeForce 6 series, RAM is of the memory size that last years Gaming systems that companies like Alienware and Velocity had as minimums which now they go with RAM that's twice that. I couldn't believe that a player had the gall to say that I was lying about my computer's performance with FFXI based on the stupid concept that the XBox 360 should handle the game better.

If any system is going to handle the game better the most possible one I see would be the PS3 given the tech info about it. I mean it's graphics capability is on par with the latest GeForce 8 series, CPU definatly kicks the crap out of my PCs, the only gray area is the RAM size which I can't seem to find info about.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:00 PM   #6
Kibz
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

wut? Didn't you know PS2 > all!
Old 12-06-2006, 02:02 PM   #7
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibz
wut? Didn't you know PS2 > all!
Not talking about PS2, I was talking about PS3. I'm seriously falling in love with that system. I mean my god I can understand that $500-$600 price tag on it. I mean the stuff it's doing is pushing the envelope on what a PC could do. Not saying that a PC can't do the stuff, just the amount of programs and hardware you'd have to buy for the PC to equal the PS3 abilities is quite expensive.

I mean just getting all the software to do what the PS3 does might end up costing you more then the PS3 system. Even more sweet is that all the technology the PS3 uses is stuff you can actually upgrade your PC to have. So the PC had a huge potential of being able to communicate with the PS3 and create potentials of stuff you can do there as well.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:18 PM   #8
Kibz
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I was trying to mock the old PC vs console thing v.v
Old 12-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #9
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibz
I was trying to mock the old PC vs console thing v.v
Ahh, never got into that before. The one I got into before was PS2 vs. XBox. Yeah, the XBox may of had 700 MHz vs. the PS2's 400 MHz but their OSs played a huge part in their performance as well.

I mean a C+ OS vs. a pearl OS (Linux), sorry but I think pearl kicks the crap out of C+. Still even with PS3 it's the OS playing a part as well with everything else. Vector programing is without a doubt has the most powerful programing languages, just they can be a real headache too so a well designed SDK is very crutcial.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:28 PM   #10
Dragoon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

/sigh I have 360 and Wii soon and someday PS3 I care not who has the best Tech .. just who has the best games :P

360 = Fable2 and Halo 3
PS3 = RE5 and MGS4
Wii = Zelda, Red Steel and SSMBB
Old 12-06-2006, 05:03 PM   #11
Insane
what
Forum Member

bitch bitch bitch /yawn
Old 12-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #12
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
/sigh I have 360 and Wii soon and someday PS3 I care not who has the best Tech .. just who has the best games :P

360 = Fable2 and Halo 3
PS3 = RE5 and MGS4
That's a valid enough reason to have them, I have no dispute for that reason. I only have dispute when the reasoning is something of a bad reasoning such as believing that the 360 can outperform PCs with fields of RAM or graphics. That isn't your dispute though yours is something that makes better sense is the actual practice and basically goal of the consoles is to make something unique to them that would get you to buy their product.

That reasoning you put forth is very agreeable. Though the games you put are not ones of the same intrest I have so of course if I were to get all 3 it would be of other unique games. Hell right now there isn't any games on the 360, Wii, or PS3 that I'm intrested in yet. My only intrest of the PS3 right now is because of it's technical advancments, when FFXIII comes out it'll be more reason for me to get that console. Outside of that the only reason I had to get the 360 was for Elder Scrolls IV but since that is on the PS3 as well I still have no reason to get it.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #13
Dragoon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrubient
Quote:

360 = Fable2 and Halo 3
PS3 = RE5 and MGS4
That's a valid enough reason to have them, I have no dispute for that reason. I only have dispute when the reasoning is something of a bad reasoning such as believing that the 360 can outperform PCs with fields of RAM or graphics. That isn't your dispute though yours is something that makes better sense is the actual practice and basically goal of the consoles is to make something unique to them that would get you to buy their product.

That reasoning you put forth is very agreeable. Though the games you put are not ones of the same intrest I have so of course if I were to get all 3 it would be of other unique games. Hell right now there isn't any games on the 360, Wii, or PS3 that I'm intrested in yet. My only intrest of the PS3 right now is because of it's technical advancments, when FFXIII comes out it'll be more reason for me to get that console. Outside of that the only reason I had to get the 360 was for Elder Scrolls IV but since that is on the PS3 as well I still have no reason to get it.
haha I said that too .. but it was too late I got Oblivion for PC and 360 ..
Old 12-15-2006, 05:19 AM   #14
SatanSpork
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Location: currently locked in mortal combat with Caramelldansen.

I played WoW before. It's not bad. If A: I wasn't playing a trial account thingy and B: I wasn't so involved with FFXI, I might actually play WoW instead.

...That being said, I'm considering quitting FFXI. >.> Too much of my game time is focused on making gil or outclaiming RMTs on NMs that WoW is looking better and better. :(
Old 12-15-2006, 11:09 AM   #15
luna_panshiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanSpork
I played WoW before. It's not bad. If A: I wasn't playing a trial account thingy and B: I wasn't so involved with FFXI, I might actually play WoW instead.

...That being said, I'm considering quitting FFXI. >.> Too much of my game time is focused on making gil or outclaiming RMTs on NMs that WoW is looking better and better. :(
gulk, you should probably lock this thread. i see another WoW vs. FFXI flame war beginning to boil up
Old 12-15-2006, 01:36 PM   #16
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,611 Times in 3,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_panshiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanSpork

gulk, you should probably lock this thread. i see another WoW vs. FFXI flame war beginning to boil up
Well, its not too... bad yet
and currently Dragoon is banned for a previous ban dodging (last time he was banned for spamming nonsense+flame threads+harassing people through board/pm) and banned again for pretty much same reason (just the added ban dodgeing)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions