Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 12-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
IceScythe7
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default DLsite.com payment question

Hey guys I just had a question that I'm hoping someone here could answer. I don't have an actual credit card so I can't buy anything from DLsite.com.

Has anyone here purchased from DLsite using a prepaid debit card like Visa? If they accept prepaid cards I'll be getting one soon. :D They have too much good Mithra stuff their to pass up >.> Thanks in advance. :)
Old 12-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #2
Dawezy
Spare some Beer, Gov'na?
Forum Member

I'd be curious to ask the same thing actually, I got my own Visa/Debit card and have been considering poking this site for some material for a {Long time} now. After finding out that Taisai leaves most of his work in there.. heh, anyway.

Ontop of your question, I wonder if a direct Dollar ~ Yen conversion would apply, I know I can order stuff from the US and get it charged at Auzzie dollar rates. Hmm.. You always see "Japan visa onry" labels on alot of these sites so it makes you wonder.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #3
Penguinonfire
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

If your debit or prepaid card has a creditcard logo on it (like Visa, Mastercard, etc.) then it works just like a credit card with the one difference of you needing to have that much money in your account.
So yes, it should work. They work for everything I've ever ordered online, though admittedly I've never tried buying something from a Japan based website.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #4
Rokku
[Fancy title goes here]
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguinonfire
If your debit or prepaid card has a creditcard logo on it (like Visa, Mastercard, etc.) then it works just like a credit card with the one difference of you needing to have that much money in your account.
So yes, it should work. They work for everything I've ever ordered online, though admittedly I've never tried buying something from a Japan based website.
In truth, that isn't the case. We've plenty of people that have cards with Visa or Mastercard stickers on it that don't work. It's on a bank-to-bank basis, and it would seem from what I gather, DLsite is only willing to accept payments from certain banks and cards tied to them. So no, a prepaid Visa/Debit card most likely won't work, and if your bank isn't an accepted bank/line of credit/etc, you're unfortunately SOL.

(I can confirm that CHASE cards, both Debit with the Visa sticker, and actual Credit Cards, ARE accepted by DLsite.)
Old 12-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #5
Janice
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

It's gotta be a japanese credit card issued from a Japanese bank. They changed this a few years ago.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:17 PM   #6
Dawezy
Spare some Beer, Gov'na?
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
It's gotta be a japanese credit card issued from a Japanese bank. They changed this a few years ago.
:(

Sigh, thought that might be the case.

Card I got is a "VISA Debit Card" through my bank, aslong as I got money in the account I can buy stuff~ and as you can guess from my location, yes, Australia. Maybe I could do some smooth talkin? hmm.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:13 PM   #7
IceScythe7
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
In truth, that isn't the case. We've plenty of people that have cards with Visa or Mastercard stickers on it that don't work. It's on a bank-to-bank basis, and it would seem from what I gather, DLsite is only willing to accept payments from certain banks and cards tied to them. So no, a prepaid Visa/Debit card most likely won't work, and if your bank isn't an accepted bank/line of credit/etc, you're unfortunately SOL.

(I can confirm that CHASE cards, both Debit with the Visa sticker, and actual Credit Cards, ARE accepted by DLsite.)
So does Chase have prepaid cards or only normal debit and credit cards?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:35 PM   #8
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

I've purchased about 12 things total from Dlsite. They accept all major credit cards from the looks and when dealing with debit cards, some may not work and that's due to your bank's information coinciding. All majorly accepted debit cards should work online, but there's also your bank's information that has to be matched 100% or certain things done to it that require you to go to your bank or call them. Many places like the one for my debit card, I must register it online prior to usage. Right now I use a VISA Credit card and no, you can buy from Japanese websites (there's also a Japanese side of Dlsite as is English one--the Japanese side has more things available due to what English consider proper) with an American credit card. The conversion rate is automatically done. You can get the current conversions at I think www.usps.com. It changes all the time. I buy from Japanese websites with my American VISA card. Just don't download anything that is "Antipirate software" locked. That stuff is hell as buggy. Crap ass programmer's made it to thwart piracy but it creates download problems on some PC's and is sometimes unstable. Also, I already know of simple shortcuts that make that software... not work... because again, it's programmed by idiots. That and video-output for the win.

P.S. On the topic forum there are little balls that animate when you mouseOver on them. Are those supposed to be nipples you play with when you get bored??? Oo
Old 12-11-2006, 10:50 PM   #9
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 5,021 Times in 2,691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumamoto
P.S. On the topic forum there are little balls that animate when you mouseOver on them. Are those supposed to be nipples you play with when you get bored??? Oo
O_o

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff