Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats

Notices

Old 12-13-2006, 07:02 AM   #1
-Zer0-
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Corsette

Hey all. I've been meaning to come here for some ideas and some tips, but didn't want to come empty handed.

A good friend of mine'd asked me to try and make a corsette-type dat file for her. Not sure if any of you guys are interested in such things, but if you are, hope we can help eachother out. I took the Igqira Weskit and did what I could with it since it was the closest to a corsette I could find. Now, I'm no graphic designer, I was a conceptual art major (sketchbooks, pencils, etc. etc. no VRS, Maya, or any fun programs) so this was an interesting and fun project.

Here's what I have so far:

It's not much, I'm trying my best. However, there are some noticable areas that need to be refined such as the skin, specifically from the collar bone to the shoulders front and back, as you can see here:

Also, this was a bit older, but in-game, the necklace from the original is apparent. No matter what I did, it wouldn't vanish. I'm guessing I have to edit it within VRS or a program of some such as I've read.

As much as I'd like to finish this myself, I'm not home at the moment and have limited access to tools and files. These screenshots were already uploaded to my server. So, I was wondering if I could get some suggestions, criticism, and maybe a little help in finishing this up, preferably in time for Christmas
Old 12-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
Murrr
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I havnt datedited in soooo long!

Seems you just painted the iquira texture at that chest area, so even if you get the colours matching on the texture in this area right, there will still be a very visible edge.

I suggest(since you know VRS) deleting all vertex that dont belong to the corrsett part of the body dat(including arms and tail), then take a no equipment body and copy and paste the onto that, delete the spare skelleton and export.

with photoshop you can easyly ajust the texture of the no-equip part with this(dunno the english... tool you can take the exact colour of a pixel for painting.. >.>) tool.

in fact with this simple"delete what you dont need of this model and copying onto your base model" you have almost limitless possibilitys. dont even have to get into skeletton weightsetting, as long as you use dats of the same race/gender.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:07 PM   #3
-Zer0-
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Thanks Murr, I'll try and do what I can and update it when I get back
Old 12-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #4
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrr
with photoshop you can easyly ajust the texture of the no-equip part with this(dunno the english... tool you can take the exact colour of a pixel for painting.. >.>) tool.
Sounds like you are talking about the "color picker" tool.
I also use that one a lot when trying to get the right colors for textures.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:59 AM   #5
-Zer0-
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

It's not perfect, but I was able to refine it a bit. Thanks a lot everyone
Old 12-20-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
Arc Angel Ajora
Forum Member

VRS user: guest
VRS pass: guest

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats