Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats

Notices

Old 12-15-2006, 09:35 PM   #1
Calipso
Forum Member

Default Another Idle Stance (Massive WIP)

I'll post the .dats for what I have so far, but be warned it's still VERY tweaky.

Weapons, etc, have no weight so they just sit on the floor (ala Model Viewer style). I have NO CLUE how to fix this, sorry.

I really, really, don't know what I'm doing wrong. This might be confusing unless you're familiar with how to swap animations:

The "Lower Body" part of the original Idle stance is from ROM51-89 #3.
The "Upper Body" part of the original idle stance is from ROM51-90 #6.

Idle Stance is listed as being parts of 51:89,90, and 93.

What I want to replace it with is part of ROM72-125, with Lower Body being #10, and Upper Body being #6.

Ok, having all that figured out, the Lower Body part will just not change, no matter what. I've tried putting it into 51-89, 51-90, and 51-93, with no luck. The Upper Body part changes fine and works ok, but the lower body part just stays the same. (Obviously) I'm doing something wrong.. but I don't get what ; ;

Anyways, here's some pics and the .dats of what I have so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	actual_646.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	5788   Click image for larger version

Name:	supposed_107.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	5789  
Attached Files
File Type: dat 90_188.dat (150.7 KB, 134 views)
Old 12-16-2006, 12:25 AM   #2
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

Most NPC Idles don't have weapon weights, or if they do they are only for a few select weapons. Generally you have to add the weights through VRS and depending on the motion it can take maybe 10 minutes or..take a while. Also depends on what you know about VRS too. Most everything I've done is self taught so..I don' tknow more then what I've figured out how to do up to this point.

Also, you lower body possibly won't change cause you are swapping it into the wrong lower body location. Alot of them look the same so sometimes it's wise to make sure by checking several possible lower body animations.

Uh...if someone doesn't beat me to it I'll see what I can do tomorrow about the weights. RIght now it's lat and I have an early morning followed by a boring day at work -.- would hang out on forums during the day...but due to the content I can't >.> these forums aren't exactly work friendly..unless you work in freakies or something like that.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:11 AM   #3
Calipso
Forum Member

Ugh, I fixed it. Don't even ask what I did wrong, it's so incredibly stupid. Will post dats in a bit, but the weapon/weight thing is still wonky.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:29 AM   #4
Calipso
Forum Member

here's a pic, and the dats.

like I said before, the weights are messed up, as are weapons. While I appreciate the help and it's certainly welcome, is there somewhere I can learn to do this (for future reference?)

There's also a little bit of clipping issue.. but nothing really bad/all that noticeable. No clue how to go about fixing that, either ; ;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fixedemote_150.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	5801  
Attached Files
File Type: dat 90_903.dat (150.7 KB, 105 views)
File Type: dat 89_154.dat (1.64 MB, 112 views)
Old 12-16-2006, 05:17 AM   #5
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipso
here's a pic, and the dats.

like I said before, the weights are messed up, as are weapons. While I appreciate the help and it's certainly welcome, is there somewhere I can learn to do this (for future reference?)

There's also a little bit of clipping issue.. but nothing really bad/all that noticeable. No clue how to go about fixing that, either ; ;
Only way to fix it is to know the "clothes animation" number as well and then save it to overwrite the animation that works with the normal Idle. Sorry to say but I do not know which one it is or which dat it is located in specificly yet.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:27 AM   #6
Calipso
Forum Member

This fixes the clipping issue on the right side upperleg/body part.
Goes in Rom1-51-93 :D
Attached Files
File Type: dat 93_200.dat (370.0 KB, 119 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats