Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Notices

Old 12-19-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
kuroijishou
Evil Overlord in Training
Forum Member

Default Fixing VRS's Miss-saves of texture sizes? or somethinglol

ugh. been working on something and it seems I'm unable to change the textures with ChangeTex cause VRS did one of it's common save-time errors where the datasizes are like incorrect or something for textures (Altanaview totally crashes < <;). anyways, it's been fixed before by some here and I was wondering how I would go about fixing it myself. Like, what program should be used and such to edit it though?

I could be lazy and just upload it and ask someone else to do it for me but I'd rather try my hand at it with some directions. That and I'm too lazy to upload a 1.05MB dat file right now anyways. :?

had an itch to mod Kam'Lanaut and make em a chick :P figure that I'ma have to do some work to get it more better. Going to make him, er her as a replacement for Titan for now :P So I'ma go with an earth theme sorta with colors. Would be almost done with textures probably at this stage if that silly problem didnt' exist :x oh, Syn Bahamut is Carby... :twisted: Beware the lv8 SMN >:3 *evil laugh*

Previous itch was a Bahamut mod where i made him dark grey (can't really call it black black) and red. Needless to say, that bahamut looks evil XD (see piccy) definatly can't upload that dat where I am cause it's too big for dial-up here -.-; (2.34MB, kills too much time :cry: )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_159_81_syn_bahamut_fighting__showoff_811.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	5919   Click image for larger version

Name:	1_97_75_kamli_chan__fighting_665.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	5920  
Old 12-20-2006, 12:16 AM   #2
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

As far as I know, the only way to fix it is Hex Editing.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:40 AM   #3
kuroijishou
Forum Member

iah, okay, thanks. ^^ I'll see what I can dig up myself on Hex Editing.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:08 AM   #4
kuroijishou
Forum Member

found a nifty little Hex editor. tried my hand at blindly editing XD

i got Change Tex to be able to change the textures of all but the weapon but after i open it up again with change tex it only has like three textures showing, the first three. It also shows nothing in model viewer when i try to bring it up.

Thats what I get for blind modification :/ good thing I didn't mess with the original of my mod or else it'd be totally useless. :/ *sigh* Probably gonna need a tutorial or something or just let someone else fix it :/

EDIT::
SWEET i fixed it, well, almost. Still have the weapon to go fix. :/ that'll be hard without any knowledge of what the hexcode for it would be and what i'd have to replace exactly to get it to work. and all i did was copy section headers and where the hex-editor f'd up i guess on to the bottom from the erroneous one (i find that odd that it now works again)

To really check and see if i fixed it, i'ma have to test her out in game. I know AltanaView will bug out and go No way man due to the weapon.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:23 AM   #5
kuroijishou
Forum Member

dang... still didn't fix it. and it's back to messing up agaaaaaain. *fume*angry*sigh*

Here;s what it looks like and what it SHOULD look like >:/ I'll post the first messup unhexedited file up in a few days when i get back to school.
Bahamut will be uploaded then too. all three different files. one fight, 2CS for those that <3 it :3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_97_75_kamli_chan__fighting_b__in_game_212.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	6419   Click image for larger version

Name:	1_97_75_kamli_chan__fighting_b_150.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	6420  
Old 01-08-2007, 07:04 PM   #6
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Hadrubient explained to me how to hex edit the datasizes which VRS messes up here.
http://neko-sentai.com/forum/viewtop...xidecimal#4626
Old 01-17-2007, 01:25 PM   #7
kuroijishou
Forum Member

Thanks ^^ Thought something about that was somewhere but i couldn't find it when i tried to look. Guess I should of looked harder. :/

Anyways, I'ma try and fix them tonight given these correct numbers. Hehe... i'd of checked this like a week ago but it's getting hectic with the 'over the normal' learning i'm trying to do here. lol.

EDIT:

Hehe... sweet. Now I can fix that slight annoyance. so far everything looks right. just have to check it vs. in game.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner