Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 01-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #1
Rayne
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Austere Set mod

Aello everyone!

I've been very busy browsing and lurking in the corner trying to figure things out while playing with different mods and swapping things out constantly just to make them look better.

I am currently hopelessly lost when it comes to VRS and weights. So lost, that I usually resort to bugging my hubby to change things for me of what I don't like to the things that I do.

I found a nice mod of the Austere set for a taru but I want if for both mithra and hume(f); elvaan(f) if it wouldn't be too much trouble. >.<

The set I found is for a taru(f). Located at http://www.ffxidats.com/page.php?id=1291

If someone could please assist me I'd be very appreciative of it. Meanwhile I will attempt to play with stuff I don't understand and make a bigger mess of it. =^.^=
Old 01-15-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
Rayne
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Ok, I've muddled my way thru a bunch of stuff with my hubby telling me exactly what to do and I have figured it out for HumeF and thus I can probably do this for the ElvaanF as well. ^.^

I have it uploaded on my website at www.tigerntigress.com/1.zip and then I replaced ROM 132 1.dat with the new file.

I just reskinned the austere robe with the skin from the mod I found for the austere set (a reskinned lady's yukata) after doing a stretch/skew to make sure that the attributes were 128 x 256 to fit the same size as the hume body to be replaced.

From there I have been able to get the newly reskinned yukata to work as a replacement for the austere robe.

However the mithra tail is giving me fits in trying to figure out how to make this a mithra mod. >.< HELP!!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1_139.zip (26.8 KB, 43 views)
Old 01-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #3
Rayne
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Ok, le sigh...

I figured out how to retexture the austere robe as a .bmp for mithra with the image texture that I had found. I have opened up the .mqo in Mesequoia and everything looks to be alligned properly; however, when I then save my new image in gc3 and then try to re-import it back into model viewer I get a corruption error. And I can't figure out VRS for the life of me atm >.<

Unfortunately I don't have a program that will let me view the .dds since I'm not going to spend $900-1000 for another piece of software. (Sorry but after the farce of Lightwave 5.0 and World Construction Set, I'm not paying out that kind of money for a program again! Especially if it needs to have a stupid dongle to work and heaven for bid if that dongle breaks or starts to malfunction!)

Anyone have any ideas of what or where I am going wrong?
Old 01-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #4
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
Ok, le sigh...

I figured out how to retexture the austere robe as a .bmp for mithra with the image texture that I had found. I have opened up the .mqo in Mesequoia and everything looks to be alligned properly; however, when I then save my new image in gc3 and then try to re-import it back into model viewer I get a corruption error. And I can't figure out VRS for the life of me atm >.<

Unfortunately I don't have a program that will let me view the .dds since I'm not going to spend $900-1000 for another piece of software. (Sorry but after the farce of Lightwave 5.0 and World Construction Set, I'm not paying out that kind of money for a program again! Especially if it needs to have a stupid dongle to work and heaven for bid if that dongle breaks or starts to malfunction!)

Anyone have any ideas of what or where I am going wrong?
I recomend using ChangeTex to put the dds texture into the dat file. Link to download it is listed near the top of http://neko-sentai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=214
Old 01-22-2007, 01:27 PM   #5
Rayne
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Thank you Kickern for the suggestion of using ChangeTex.

I've been playing around with it but I've now managed to turn my pretty tail solid blackish-green >.<

I've been using Grumpy Rarab's tutorial for using ChangeTex but I didn't expect to run into this kind of an issue.

WTF did I do wrong?

Once I figure out how do fix it I'll start working on some mods to mithra relic gear. Whm and Smn both need a lot of help ^.^
Old 01-25-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
Rayne
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

/CHEER ME!!! I think that I have figrured out what I did wrong. I'm doing a few more check to make sure that the mod works perfectly and then I'll post it with images in the MIthra section.

If anyone else wants to make an 18+ version of this go right ahead. I don't think I'm brave enough to try that yet.

Not sure what my next project will be but I'm happy to have gotten this one done.
:D

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section