Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 01-26-2007, 05:29 PM   #1
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

Default Japanese IME Support for FFXI

Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to get the Japanese IME to work on FFXI without Japanese POL or Windower IME Plugin Support. I remember Gulkeeva in another topic saying he set his PC for Japanese and it glitched and worked in FFXI. Rarely, every now and then typing, the IME support bar within FFXI appears but goes away after exiting the text log. I was wondering if there was a way to make this permanent. Thanks.

Note: I'm already in Japanese setting with Asian characters installed and can type in Japanese fine in other programs however, not in FFXI. So I'm not exactly entirely clueless. lol
Old 01-26-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,422 Times in 3,372 Posts

Default Re: Japanese IME Support for FFXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumamoto
Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to get the Japanese IME to work on FFXI without Japanese POL or Windower IME Plugin Support. I remember Gulkeeva in another topic saying he set his PC for Japanese and it glitched and worked in FFXI. Rarely, every now and then typing, the IME support bar within FFXI appears but goes away after exiting the text log. I was wondering if there was a way to make this permanent. Thanks.

Note: I'm already in Japanese setting with Asian characters installed and can type in Japanese fine in other programs however, not in FFXI. So I'm not exactly entirely clueless. lol
I had to use IME plugin for windower to do it, wouldn't work otherwise. Guessing your trying to not use windower...?

Only thing I can thing of is japanese POL to type japanese >.>
Old 01-26-2007, 05:56 PM   #3
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll be buying Japanese FFXI sometime.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #4
Murrr
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

acctualy you just need japanese POL(DL somewhere why not?) not FFXI, and change some registry.

but I'm not sure about the details :|
Old 01-26-2007, 10:53 PM   #5
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

I have those directions and Japanese POL downloaded but I don't want to get banned. My account has more than what an above average Warrior wants so no taking chances.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:04 AM   #6
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Well, I've used windower for like 2 years.. they havne't done anything to my account, in the last 5? "mass bannings"

and I got like.. shadow ring, novio earring, 10mil+, black belt, kirin osode, sha'ir manteel, nobles tunic, HQ staff everything, AF2 for several jobs 300+ quests, near 1000 play days, and like 13 Lv75 jobs :p

has 0 warnings, never got a ban or anything for windower.. so as far as I can tell they don't care about windower.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:06 AM   #7
Kayu
Grimmjow Jagger Jacks
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
Well, I've used windower for like 2 years.. they havne't done anything to my account, in the last 5? "mass bannings"

and I got like.. shadow ring, novio earring, 10mil+, black belt, kirin osode, sha'ir manteel, nobles tunic, HQ staff everything, AF2 for several jobs 300+ quests, near 1000 play days, and like 13 Lv75 jobs :p

has 0 warnings, never got a ban or anything for windower.. so as far as I can tell they don't care about windower.
they cant tell if you are using windover or not but they can tell if you are using some hacks by movement time or spamage of abilitys among other things
Old 01-27-2007, 03:54 AM   #8
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva

they cant tell if you are using windover or not but they can tell if you are using some hacks by movement time or spamage of abilitys among other things
I know... pretty much what I'm pointing out :p

unless windower is somehow making you want to POS.exe and bot claim all over the place.. then don't use it. I've never used the stuff so pretty much feel that I wouldn't ever have a problem.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #9
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

The reason why I don't want to use Windower is because it modifies .dll information and it can be accidentally triggered by an outside influence to perform a bad operation. One of them was changing your PC's clock quickly to gain a random speed reducement/enhancement. There are other things I'm sure but I'm not going to use Windower because of that. I'm very positive there are more glitches with Windower. FFXI uses .dll files to communicate with the server and many bad third party tools modify the same .dll files to change client side information.

GM's can't detect what's on your client side unless you break a law of "virtual physics" created by them. The main way to get a ban from using Windower is to brag about it in chat. Software can act funny in strange incidents. If you overclock your PC, then you'll be able to run faster in FFXI. FFXI isn't even XP Certified.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:26 AM   #10
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
The reason why I don't want to use Windower is because it modifies .dll information and it can be accidentally triggered by an outside influence to perform a bad operation. One of them was changing your PC's clock quickly to gain a random speed reducement/enhancement. There are other things I'm sure but I'm not going to use Windower because of that. I'm very positive there are more glitches with Windower. FFXI uses .dll files to communicate with the server and many bad third party tools modify the same .dll files to change client side information.

GM's can't detect what's on your client side unless you break a law of "virtual physics" created by them. The main way to get a ban from using Windower is to brag about it in chat. Software can act funny in strange incidents. If you overclock your PC, then you'll be able to run faster in FFXI. FFXI isn't even XP Certified.
my PC is overclocked... by about 200Mhz (amd 4800+ 2.4Ghz running at 2.60 Ghz) for about a year now and I was playing ffxi in most of that 1 year time frame :P

I'm guessing that bug with the speed movment was fixed in windower.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #11
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

The speed thing applied to FFXI in general on some PC's regardless of Windower on the overclock department. The PC clock when concerning Windower is the time clock as in changing the date/time in a certain, quick fashion enabled the glitch. It's not like the Japanese FFXI will be expensive though. Square-Enix are retards for not making FFXI minimizable. While camping stuff I'm using my laptop to chat on AIM and surf the internet while I play on my desktop.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:20 PM   #12
Rina Refine

Quote:
The speed thing applied to FFXI in general on some PC's regardless of Windower on the overclock department. The PC clock when concerning Windower is the time clock as in changing the date/time in a certain, quick fashion enabled the glitch. It's not like the Japanese FFXI will be expensive though. Square-Enix are retards for not making FFXI minimizable. While camping stuff I'm using my laptop to chat on AIM and surf the internet while I play on my desktop.
sigh... THEN IF U KNOW SO MUCH STOP COMPLAINING AND JUST DO IT!
we still dont know why you would want to do FFXI in japanese anyway.
i know this might offend u but i predict that
1. you cant read all japanese (plus games use harder kanji and words never used in RL)
2. but u want to use the "cool" characters (make faces etc.)
in that case, u should know that without IME, all versions of windows, regardless of where u buy it, u can only do english.
and english ver. software is the base of everything, other languages always have that language and english, while english had only english.
this is because NA ppl dont need any other language to survive, in comparision, in china and stuff, they need to know english.
so, wanting to do japanese on a english thing is as dumb as a galka thinking he's a big boned taru.
if u must, buy the JP FFXI, but it might not take your content ID because it was a NA made one.
and no one can probably help u because they dont realli care if they cant type JP, they can still do romaji if realli needed anyway.
and if u were square, u would want to prevent hacks to keep the game "good" and not let the non-hackers happy, and the best way is to keep it non-windowed.
unless u want to go to square and help them make a window ok, no hack version.
if u did alt+tab out of FFXI before, i think u know there's a background client that works with it. so the FFXI overlay is supposed to kill it.
and overlay only works in full screen.
unless u want gameguard to go with it, and make FFXI realli gay.
so okay? ok?
let's pretend im haruhi and ur kyon.
so i wont listen to u because i dont want to. the end. bye-bye.
/slap
/smile
/hug
/ws asuran fists
/blush

Old 01-28-2007, 12:22 AM   #13
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

I was mainly interested because if you don't get used to typing and seeing the symbols, you won't get as good at it. If you don't do something frequently, it'll never stick. It's just like taking one of those French/Spanish classes in school where a year after the class, it mostly leaves you because you never utilized it. I have several import games that i play in Japanese, half of which are RPG's. I don't really care for going around and spamming smiley faces.

I have several Japanese friends on my friend list that I try to communicate with and they show me what I did wrong. Although your post my hold true to some people, it's rather blind. I just got excited when I read in a post somewhere on this forum that someone got it working via a glitch so I inquired of it and it turned out it wasn't what I was looking for.

As for getting it to work as installment, you have to install the other language FFXI in another directory then tell in the registry how it looks at things. Once you've done that, you only need the JPN POL used and it'll work fine.

I'm not looking to create enemies on these boards though. I'm a computer programming major switching over to the hardware side. It's the geekiness inside me that has to know how things work. If it's my preference not to use Windower, then that is me. You can use what you want to. I'm not 100% against Windower however, I know the physics that let it run.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:04 AM   #14
Lycoris
Forum Member

While this topic is brought up... I have the IME plugin, latest version(0.3, I think?), and it'll do the green text thing(where you have to enter twice like with typing in Japanese), but my language bar won't give me the hiragana/katakana/half and full width junk/direct input option in FFXI. Can do it in every other programme though... ライクヂース... >_<

It used to be to where you'd have an input window, I think, I know it existed... an input window for Japanese text that seamlessly switched between input methods like other programmes, but the advantage there is nulled by the fact it's an outside little, annoying box. lol

If nothing else, I could just ask on the Windower BBS... o_O
Old 01-28-2007, 10:32 AM   #15
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

Here are my old Japanese IME Notes that may or may not help you out. These notes are maybe 2 years old but I find it OK as a quick reminder, although some of it seems confusing:

While inside your typing window, Left Control + Left Shift + 2 needs to be pressed first before you can enter in anything since it switches to the Japanese IME keyboard options by default. Left Control + Left Shift + 1 changes to US keyboard. If these aren't set up within your IME options in Windows, you need to head to your Regional and Language Options icon in your Control Panel and go to the Language Tab, hit Details, then add this feature.

The following only work if your typing window to input into your program is on focus:

Alt+~(tilde): Toggle between US text stanard('Off') and last Japanese input selected('On'). Default is 'Off'(US text standard) with toggle of Hiragana('On').

Shift+Capslock: Changes Japanese input to US text standard mode.

Control+Capslock: Changes Japanese input to Katakana mode.

Alt+Capslock: Changes Japanese input to Hiragana mode.

F5: Japanese Symbol Tool

F6: As you press it while in Hiragana, each press converts the Japanese input from left character to right character, converting to Katakana characters, but doesn't convert the last character. As you press it while in Katakana, each press converts the Japanese input from left character to right character, converting to Hiragana characters, but doesn't convert the last character. Pressing F6 once converts your Katakana into Hiragana.

F7: As you press it while in Hiragana, each press converts the Japanese input from right character to left character, converting to Katakana characters, but doesn't convert the first character. As you press it while in Katakana, each press converts the Japanese input from right character to left character, converting to Hiragana characters, but doesn't convert the first character. Pressing F7 once converts your Hiragana into Katakana.

F8: Let's say you want to enter ???? so you type ?????. When you press space you'll get this ???. Pressing space again will not give you the completion you want. That's because the IME is trying to make a word out of all 5 characters. To tell it to use less hold shift and press the left arrow. Each time you do less of characters will be highlighted. Press it 3 times until you get this ????? then press space again. This time the IME will only look up the first two characters. Most likely this time it will become this ? ???. Notice the gap between ? and ???. This means the IME is considering those two words separately. Also the underline under ? is thicker than the one under ??? indicating that ? is the current thing the IME is concentrating on. To complete the second word press the right arrow. The underline under ??? will get thicker and you can press space to complete it and choose ???.

F9: Sometimes you want to enter one English word in the middle of a Japanese sentence. Instead of switching to Direct Input mode you can just type and ignore what you see on the screen. For example type "handwritten" and you'll get "??dw???n" but then press F8 to convert it to half-width English and you'll get "handwritten". Keep pressing F8 and it will cycle through all uppercase, all lowercase, etc. Press F9 and you'll get full width English. Note that you can't press space since that would start completion so this is only useful for entering single words at a time.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:49 AM   #16
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

Oh, those little outside annoying boxes show what mode you are in so using my notes, change your mode and the icons in boxes changes to what you specify. This is why you're stuck in green lettered US mode. Try pressing Alt + ~ (tilde key) or Control+Capslock (Katakana) or Alt+Capslock (Hiragana).
Old 02-05-2007, 12:39 AM   #17
Lycoris
Forum Member

My main problem is I can't get my IME to recognise FFXI... it doesn't display the input method box when I have FFXI up. Anything else, say, Notepad, all those tricks work. :/

EDIT: Scratch that! I got it to work! <3<3<3<3
Old 02-06-2007, 11:49 PM   #18
only1gameuru
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

the problem with windower isnt the plugins, be it IME expwatch recast etc . . .
the problem is you can lunch third party bot programs while running it . . . im sure jennave recalls a member in his ls named lothlorien who got suspended for using a fish bot, he used wndower so he could lunch FF and freely turn on and off his ffxiapp. although some of the programs they make that work because your using windower, i believe there was a claim bot on their message board a month or two ago . . . are indeed a violation.

hope that helps

ps does that IME thing work with the windower plug-in? if it does time for me to find my caps lock
Old 02-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #19
kooldogy88
Unrelated
Forum Member

anyone know of a guide to IME? is it a program seperate from windows and ffxi and such? I downloaded japanese text support and something that said IME from microsoft site once and i changed region settings to JP. all it did was make a "JP" on my tool bar at the bottom of the screen. What "boxes" do i have to pull up how do I do so and how can I type JP? does it make what I type in english JP or I have to know JP or something?
Old 02-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #20
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldogy88
anyone know of a guide to IME? is it a program seperate from windows and ffxi and such? I downloaded japanese text support and something that said IME from microsoft site once and i changed region settings to JP. all it did was make a "JP" on my tool bar at the bottom of the screen. What "boxes" do i have to pull up how do I do so and how can I type JP? does it make what I type in english JP or I have to know JP or something?
IME's that "JP" thing at the bottom right on taskbar, its built into win 2000/xp, need to set your language and keyboard to japanese. restart then when in FFXI you do alt+ ~ keys and you'll be able to type japanese.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff