Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 01-27-2007, 08:53 PM   #1
Grillv20
Mrow!~
Forum Member

Default Colenzo's StoreTP/Dual Wield Calculator

http://tinyurl.com/372tw7

I have been working on this and I have finished it and I hope you all like it :D !!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:07 PM   #2
Kattice
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Its not accurate, it infact is very misleading when you do store TP. Reduction in delay with high store TP takes more hits to reach 100? TP is based on Delay, so high Store TP and fast hits means a lot of low inital TP with high return because of store TP.

Most notable entry 50 Store TP with 15% delay on a 454 delay. 10 hits. With 45% duel wild it was I think 12 to hit 100%.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:24 AM   #3
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

Hmmm. When you say "round to the nearest whole number," it should be 7, not 8 from 7.0333. I think what you want here (I might be wrong) is to specify the Ceiling Function whereas you always round up to the nearest whole number (IRS use this function very well- -). Also, you need to add another DW button for the following reasons:

Suppanomimi (Main job attribute gain)
Ninja Chainmail (Main job attribute gain)
Koga Hakama (Main job attribute gain)
Sarashi (Latent effect Sub Job Ninja attribute gain)

So there are actually 2 items that can be used to give your NIN sub DW enhancement. As for the calculations, without doing things on a calculator, I think you need to specify division when used with DW weaponing. It'd require your new delay to be:

(Weapon_1_Delay + Weapon_2_Delay) / 2 = New_Delay

Since it says that at 1.50 (50) TP Store at 454 Delay makes 5.87 TP Return, your hits to achieve 100% TP are 17? That number seems too high. Maybe your division factor is in hence cutting the Total Delay to (454 / 2) to create this rather high number? The more Delay you have the more TP you gain from an attack turn.

It's a nice program and I like the idea of it. One other thing I might change is to have the DW Buttons be brought to the bottom or side portion going vertical of the screen with the buttons implementing on themselves:

DW 15 (Nin Sub)
DW 20 1 DW Item
DW 21 2 DW Items: Edit (Sarashi is 1% DW, ewww)
DW 30 = Ninja Main
Etc

Looking forward to seeing it finished. :3
Old 01-28-2007, 01:31 AM   #4
Kattice
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Sarashi is 1% and when NIN is subbed.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:34 AM   #5
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

Eww! I never knew it was 1%. Why do people bother paying 200k for that garbage? lol
Old 01-28-2007, 12:24 PM   #6
Grillv20
Mrow!~
Forum Member

I didnt put sarashi in because.... I dont think it deserves attention lol
Old 01-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #7
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumamoto
Eww! I never knew it was 1%. Why do people bother paying 200k for that garbage? lol
Because just like in the real world, people follow trends to fit in. No matter how much individuality we are granted, people still want to conform. For a long time now dual weild has been percieved the hottest thing since Paris Hilton. Anything that increases or enhances Dual Weild no matter how small of a gain, people will pay exhorborant prices for regardless of the benefit. The placebo effect is very strong in this virtual world. People buy an item, and it doesn't benefit them at all, and they still think that they are hitting harder or faster, when in essence they are not. And yet SE makes these items extremely hard to acquire, which furthers the idea that they are beneficial. So many players strive to be elite when it doesn't get them levels any faster. Its only half of the solution, and they don't see it that way.

If you take any statistics classes you find out how to do hypothesis tests. For example, one hypothesis test tries to find out if that 1% increase makes a significant difference. I can tell you right now it doesn't. And if it doesn't with a statistical analysis, it sure won't in the game.

Short Answer: People are stupid.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #8
Grillv20
Mrow!~
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumamoto
Hmmm. When you say "round to the nearest whole number," it should be 7, not 8 from 7.0333. I think what you want here (I might be wrong) is to specify the Ceiling Function whereas you always round up to the nearest whole number (IRS use this function very well- -). Also, you need to add another DW button for the following reasons:

Suppanomimi (Main job attribute gain)
Ninja Chainmail (Main job attribute gain)
Koga Hakama (Main job attribute gain)
Sarashi (Latent effect Sub Job Ninja attribute gain)

So there are actually 2 items that can be used to give your NIN sub DW enhancement. As for the calculations, without doing things on a calculator, I think you need to specify division when used with DW weaponing. It'd require your new delay to be:

(Weapon_1_Delay + Weapon_2_Delay) / 2 = New_Delay

Since it says that at 1.50 (50) TP Store at 454 Delay makes 5.87 TP Return, your hits to achieve 100% TP are 17? That number seems too high. Maybe your division factor is in hence cutting the Total Delay to (454 / 2) to create this rather high number? The more Delay you have the more TP you gain from an attack turn.

It's a nice program and I like the idea of it. One other thing I might change is to have the DW Buttons be brought to the bottom or side portion going vertical of the screen with the buttons implementing on themselves:

DW 15 (Nin Sub)
DW 20 1 DW Item
DW 21 2 DW Items: Edit (Sarashi is 1% DW, ewww)
DW 30 = Ninja Main
Etc

Looking forward to seeing it finished. :3
It works just fine ... lol >_>
Old 01-28-2007, 11:24 PM   #9
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

I see what I did wrong. I was thinking the 454 delay weapon as a single SAM weapon at first although DW requires 2 weapons.

Wiki mentions:

Dual Wield I

* Obtained: Ninja Level 10
* Delay Reduction: 10%

Dual Wield II

* Obtained: Ninja Level 25
* Delay Reduction: 15%

Dual Wield III

* Obtained: Ninja Level 45
* Delay Reduction: 25%

Dual Wield IV

* Obtained: Ninja Level 65
* Delay Reduction: 30%

So just being NIN main isn't always going to be 30% unless you're 65+ and most people like me don't know this. You'd have to be NIN60 at least wearing Ninja Chainmail to be at 30% until lv.65.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:39 PM   #10
Grillv20
Mrow!~
Forum Member

I only really took lvl 75 jobs into consideration when making this. I figured that people at a low lvl wouldnt really be worrying about store TP that much lol.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:25 AM   #11
Kibz
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Because just like in the real world, people follow trends to fit in. No matter how much individuality we are granted, people still want to conform. For a long time now dual weild has been percieved the hottest thing since Paris Hilton. Anything that increases or enhances Dual Weild no matter how small of a gain, people will pay exhorborant prices for regardless of the benefit. The placebo effect is very strong in this virtual world. People buy an item, and it doesn't benefit them at all, and they still think that they are hitting harder or faster, when in essence they are not. And yet SE makes these items extremely hard to acquire, which furthers the idea that they are beneficial. So many players strive to be elite when it doesn't get them levels any faster. Its only half of the solution, and they don't see it that way.

If you take any statistics classes you find out how to do hypothesis tests. For example, one hypothesis test tries to find out if that 1% increase makes a significant difference. I can tell you right now it doesn't. And if it doesn't with a statistical analysis, it sure won't in the game.

Short Answer: People are stupid.
There is no other buyable dual wield item in game >.> and all the other dual wield items are 5%. You're thinking HQ items.

Sarashi used to sell for millions, it dropped down because it's crap. It still sells over 100k because it's still the best belt for that level when /nin.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:14 AM   #12
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

Unless the person with /nin is War Dual weilding high delay Axe in each hand, I don't think the 1% difference would be that noticable. Kinda like saying 1% haste is worth equiping at that lvl.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff