Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 02-18-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
Kirkland6
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Weapon Adjustment Request for HumeF

I am looking for some new weapon .dats for my Hume F RDM.

Is it possible to make G. Swords be held like one handed swords? I really like the look of the Judge's Sword (1-36-1) (minus the crazy particle effect -.-) and the Platoon Sword (1-120-49) (even tho it isnt very red) but it doesn't work for beans when I go and sub NIN.

If that is not possible and someone feels up to it, can Excalibur (1-120-51) be recolored to red and black, and possibly even lengthened?

Thanks in advance for any help/work done on this. ^^
Old 02-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #2
Saire
RP Junkie
Forum Member

You want them regular size or or reduced down to one-handed sword size? I can give it a shot, I think I know or could figure out how to do it. I was actually considering doing something similar with Great Katana and Katana this morning... I also need to know if you want them in main or off hand, since the off hand weapons have different .DAT files and skeleton weights.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:32 PM   #3
Kirkland6
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

I would love to have them the same size as they are as two handers. If it is possible to make either of them for main and off hand, I would love to have matching swords when I sub NIN.. if not, main hand since I always have that one on. Thanks for considering it Saire. ^^
Old 02-23-2007, 01:19 PM   #4
Saire
RP Junkie
Forum Member

It was a very easy mod when I finally got around to it... I haven't tested it yet but it should work (I figured I was taking long enough). You probably know this already but you're going to have a lot of clipping with the ground; sword motions weren't made to be used with things this long. I don't know how to take the glow off the Judge's Sword, so I just did the Platoon Sword. I can still do the Judge's Sword if you like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	preview_477.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	7659  
Attached Files
File Type: zip one_handed_platoon_swords_683.zip (74.3 KB, 25 views)
Old 02-23-2007, 08:26 PM   #5
Kirkland6
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Woo, thank you very much Saire! ^^ This is exactly what I was looking for =D Thank you for the offer to do the Judge's Sword, but I doubt I would use it with that crazy effect. It pretty much consumes the character when you use two of them. hehe. Thanks again for making these, I am already using them!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:41 PM   #6
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

wow, thats an awesome mod, great job :D If your interested in the GK single handed, someone made 1 before. Should be stashed away on here somewhere, think its on ffxidats too.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:50 PM   #7
Kirkland6
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

In case it isnt on here already, here is the GKatana mod for HumeF. This is what I was using for a little bit, but I love the red greatswords.
Attached Files
File Type: zip katanas_181.zip (28.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 02-24-2007, 12:47 AM   #8
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Oh, forgot to ask in my earlier post but is it possible for you to port this to mithra maybe?^^; if not its alright, I have the dual GK one to keep me satisfied :]
Old 02-25-2007, 12:26 AM   #9
Saire
RP Junkie
Forum Member

I think most weapons use the same skeleton weights, so just taking these swords from HF and putting them in a Mithra .dat SHOULD work...

And about the GKTs: I've seen them before, but thanks, heh. I wanted to make them backhand though, like the regular katana that NIN use, just longer.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #10
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Just saw this, and was wondering if there is a Hume M version, thanks either way.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #11
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardec
Just saw this, and was wondering if there is a Hume M version, thanks either way.
year old thread bump... Does VRS work for you? If so these are simple "ports" that you can do to get the basics of VRS established.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #12
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

It works to an extent. Like I mentioned in our convo in my post, I am having problems with the work I do showing in game. However, I did see it mentioned somewhere about Vista giving VRS a problem or something, so my guess is that Vista may be the reason for my problems.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #13
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardec
It works to an extent. Like I mentioned in our convo in my post, I am having problems with the work I do showing in game. However, I did see it mentioned somewhere about Vista giving VRS a problem or something, so my guess is that Vista may be the reason for my problems.
IDK... I mean if changes show in a viewer, but not in game.. then either your viewer is pointed to an installation of the game that you are not using.

ie
C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\
and also a
D:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\

or something.. where FFXI is being run from the second path, but your changes are being made to the first.. that would be the only way I could see a Modelviewer displaying the changes and the game not.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:19 PM   #14
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I see. I believe its all the same, both coming from and going to the C:\\ drive, but I'll double check. But I saw on AOTS they mentioned Vista has a habit of moving files around which explains why I at times have 70G+ free space on my HD and then suddenly drop down to 7G. Something is deffinately not right with Vista. Plus I noticed I have to rig my way around to truely delete and replace DATs by doing it through an open or save window of an opened program to tactually replace DATs. Its alot of extra bs work but what are you gonna do right heh. So yeah Vista sux for this, Leopard all the way; too bad you can't play this on Macs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section