Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats

Notices

Old 02-20-2007, 01:10 AM   #1
ekso
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Help needed with Mod in progess ( not a request! )

After lots of trial and error, and many ... interesting "engrish" translations, I've finally successfully made the model for my first .dat mod. That being said, I have found a few problems... Problem one, i can't seem to find how to 'effin edit vertice weights in VRS
(crapfest of a program). Problem number two... During creation , i cut one half of all the objects out to ease vertice additions and editing , and later copied half to other side mirror style... now textures mirror themselves.. any one know how to create an entirely new "map"? I have plenty of graphic editing programs including adobe photoshop 7 and Cs8 ( but not limted to..) as well as bodypaint 2.5...

For 3d editing i have everything under the sun, Metasequioa, VRS, 3ds max 7-9, maya 8.5. maya 8.0, Poser 7, even valves Hammer ( which i make weapons for FFXI in) and unreal Ed....

I don't know if that list actually helps, but thought it would be best to label what i had to work with.

Summary-
1. How the "f" to edit vertice weights in VRS v1.0.0.1
2. Create entirely new texture map.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:52 AM   #2
Viiv
Forum Member

first off: that's hot.

Second:

to edit the weight of a vertex, you need to select the vertex you want, then go to i think view or something (can't login to VRS for some reason) and select Envelope Open (in the newset VRS).

For texturing: you'll need to import your textures. To do so, select the light blue box that strarts the dat. then file >> import. Once you have it opened, you'll want to hilight the desired portions to be textured with the texture select tool. Then, View or whatnot and Texture Open.
From there, you'll select your texture from the drop down menu, then impupt th ecorrrect size of your texture (remember that 0 is teh first integer youo input). Basically, if you're pputting a 128x128 in, the bumber ranges from 0-127, not 1-128. VRS automatically fixes inpupts such as 0-128 as there is no more image after 127 pixels.

If that was unclear, let me know. And I gott see this mod when finished!
Old 02-20-2007, 06:55 PM   #3
ekso
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Ahh sweet. I wasn't searchin for the envolope item in VRS cuz im using the "new" translated one, which none of the US tutorials refer to lol, Thank you much and it did make sense, I'll make sure to make a massive post when its ready for release ^^

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats