Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats

Notices

Old 02-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
Korith
Too cool for Kamilynn
Forum Member

Default Lax Idle Stance - Updated 3 Apr 2013

I ported the relaxed looking Idle stance from NPCs:
I've also corrected all weapon, shield and cloth movements.

3 Apr, 2013. Update!
The new expansion updated a bunch of the animation files and a friend brought it to my attention. I've updated them all.

10 Nov, 2009. Update!
SE changed something in the animation files, I'm not entirely sure what, but I updated the newest animation files with my idle stance.

15 Oct, 2008. Update!
I fixed the way dangling cloth armor twitched back and forth too fast. I also properly animated dangling plate armor (like the Breastplate).

Grab it from any of these three locations:
- Bottom of this post
- korith.netne.net
- korith.jumpingcrab.com

Attached Files
File Type: zip Lax Idle.zip (1.69 MB, 281 views)

Last edited by Korith; 04-03-2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Fixed after apr 13 updated
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Korith For This Useful Post:
Kohki (04-04-2013), Wetdreamer (04-05-2013), Xantcha (04-06-2013)
Old 02-23-2007, 11:45 PM   #2
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

awesome, thank you^^ going to use this~
Old 02-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #3
SkizoKitsu
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Amazing Korith. I love this <3
Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
Korith
Too cool for Kamilynn
Forum Member

I updated this today. Fixed an issue which caused dangling cloth to twitch too fast. Also reanimated dangling plate armor so it doesn't stick out to the side weirdly.

Also, in the orange text at the top of the download page is a link to a version compatible with my Mod Manager. To use it, just extract to the Mod Manager's root directory. Run it, and select "Mithra Idle" on the swap sets page, then press install.

Download page:
http://www.ffximc.com/page.php?id=335
Old 10-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #5
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,422 Times in 3,372 Posts

oh wow Korith, nice to see your still alive on the scene with ffxi :P
Old 10-27-2008, 12:49 AM   #6
NightmareKato
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Crashing with this mod. I'm using it in conjunction with the HQ nude mod, along with a few other things. It seems to crash mainly when I'm changing clothes anywhere and in the Mog House. I'm not sure why. I've swapped out the files with the originals and determined it to be isolated to the Lax Idle files.

So, what's up?

Edit: I know there are probably two solutions to this. One is to have the creator of the idle animation find a fix, or to get rid of this nude mod, which has had some issues with FFXI with the body mesh, I think.

But what will I get to replace the nude mod?! :< I've looked around and I noticed that the body under the Eerie Cloak that Korith made, seems to look better than the one I have right now. Where would I pick that one up?
Old 10-27-2008, 06:16 PM   #7
Korith
Too cool for Kamilynn
Forum Member

NightmareKato;
Just some quick history:
I've played since FFXI NA PC launch, and started modding this game about 8 months after starting. I released the first version of this mod February 2007, and never had any crashing problems.

About 6 months ago, I started having problems with FFXI crashing when I changed gear (or, rarely, when someone wearing modded gear came into loading distance). At the time, I hadn't updated this mod yet. So the older version certainly wasn't causing crashing.

From person testing, the crashing is most common when you change gear and you're wearing some sort of modded gear that has more textures than usual.

Anyway, I did take a few shortcuts when I updated this mod recently, and its possible that it now can cause crashing. I'll look into redoing those parts and see if it gets better.

Edit: It didn't take as long as I had expected. I have re-uploaded it to the same spot, so just download it again. If this doesn't fix the crashing then its either not related to this mod, or there's simply nothing I know how to do to fix it.

As for the nude mod I used, I think I got it original on Xoops. I've had it a while. But I have made a few tweaks to it. Heres all the files I have relating to this particular nude mod.
There's 6 different bodies, the names describe them. 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 are all 'bouncy' which some people like, others don't (I don't). 1.3 and higher aren't.
There's 4 different legs, again the names describe them.
Only one version for the feet and hands.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nakedz_374.zip (425.4 KB, 346 views)
Old 10-27-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
NightmareKato
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Still getting crashes, the nude mod I'm using is this one: http://neko-sentai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6478

I liked it because of the textures, but it seems to be causing a clothing-change glitch that crashes the game. Atleast, that's what I can tell so far...
Old 10-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #9
Korith
Too cool for Kamilynn
Forum Member

Hmm, that sucks. I'm not sure what else can be done.

I've read that topic and it seems many people using that mod are having crashing problems. Personally, I haven't used that mod so I have no experience with it (I have my own personal nude mod).

The only way I've found to completely stop the crashing is to remove all armor mods. I've never crashed with just animation mods installed. Although, I've never tried using custom armor without an animation mod, so that might work too.

Another alternative is to use BlinkMeNot with the 3rd party windower. If you tell BlinkMeNot to prevent any armor changes on yourself, you will never change armor and thus rarely crash.

I'm guessing the crash is caused by FFXI loading files that are larger than it 'supports'. Due to the file being large and thus taking longer to load and decrypt, sometimes its possible for FFXI to crash because it takes too long. But I'm not totally sure about this.

Also, some areas of the game are more likely for the crash to occur in. For example, if I'm using pretty much any gear mod, and I change equipment in a Windy Moghouse, my game crashes (I'm also a Windy resident). But its very rare for it to crash in any of the other Moghouses. Additionally, if I have any custom gear on and I enter Heaven's Tower, my game crashes.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #10
Korith
Too cool for Kamilynn
Forum Member

Necro-bump.

Recent FFXI update changed some animations or something. All I know is it changed the idle back to the original one. I've updated the files so they have the most recent changes by SE as well as my idle stance. Only 90 and 91 changed, so if you're already using it you should only need to change those.

DL:
See first post or my website
Old 04-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #11
Korith
Too cool for Kamilynn
Forum Member

Aaaand, another necro-bump. Apologies.

The latest expansion updated a number of the files used as part of this animation. One in particular is a lot larger than it used to be, so clearly they've added some new stuff. On account of this, I updated this mod so it includes all the new data in these files.

See OP for download.

PS: is there a way to update the thread title? I tried changing it in the OP, but the new name doesn't show up on the forum list. The changes only seem to show up once you've opened the thread.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #12
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,422 Times in 3,372 Posts

I can change it, what do you want it changed to say?
Old 04-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #13
Korith
Too cool for Kamilynn
Forum Member

How about
"Lax Idle Stance - Updated 3 Apr 2013"

Most people know it by that name, so it should be clearer than "New Idle Animation" (not to mention it's 6 years old now... wow)

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Korith For This Useful Post:
Xantcha (04-06-2013)
Old 04-06-2013, 01:54 AM   #14
Xantcha
Skyserpent Aggrandizer
Forum Member

Thanks so much for updating this! <3<3<3
Old 09-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #15
neons
Forum Member

This is -kinda- broken again since the last update.

When you call an NPC trust now there is no animation at all.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:33 AM   #16
Tohihroyu
Futa Princess
Forum Member

Tumblr: cuddleroyu

Recent update broke it again, I just went back to SE's normal idle for now till a fix for this one comes up again
Old 10-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #17
Kyuna
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I'd try to fix it but I don't think my last attempt worked. Also it might help people that can fix it if someone posted the updated dats. I don't want to go through the process of updating my client yet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyuna For This Useful Post:
anarky8 (10-10-2014), ffxiAhleah (10-09-2014)
Old 12-26-2015, 05:14 PM   #18
Ambermoon
Forum Member

I love this mod so much, I don't think jump works with it though does it?
Old 12-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #19
anarky8
Hoo Mjuu The Rendra
Forum Lurker

There was an updated version that Kyuna created but it doesn't work correctly in game... I have just gone back to the original idle. since the update for this may never come. I did enjoy it though.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:29 AM   #20
Kohki
Forum Member

Can't say if this will work for everyone or not but my .dats are working right (with the jump and trust summoning doing what they're supposed to)
For whatever reason the update before they added the jump emote broke everything so I replaced it all with the file in the main post (like I've had to do before). But after doing that the trust magic animation didn't work right but that's something that's easy to deal with.
Then the last update hit with the addition of the jump emote and now everything works like it's supposed to. No idea what fixed it or how it got fixed but hey it works now.

So there's the rar with my copy of the working files, and screenshots that show that the emotes and junk work. Hopefully it works for everyone and doesn't get broke again, but hey if it does, maybe it'll fix itself
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ffxi_2015.12.30_03.18.01.png
Views:	90
Size:	591.0 KB
ID:	169742   Click image for larger version

Name:	ffxi_2015.12.30_03.18.07.png
Views:	75
Size:	599.1 KB
ID:	169743   Click image for larger version

Name:	ffxi_2015.12.30_03.17.57.png
Views:	86
Size:	611.1 KB
ID:	169744  

Attached Files
File Type: rar Laxed Idle.rar (1.29 MB, 21 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kohki For This Useful Post:
Ambermoon (12-30-2015), Yummypie (12-20-2016)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats