Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Elvaan エルヴァーン .dats

Notices

Old 03-02-2007, 01:47 AM   #1
Downslide
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Carpet match the drapes

Hello, long time lurker here but a long time appreciator of the work everyone does here. I use the light skinned elvaan skins and was wondering if anyone could help me get a version of it in red. This is my elvaan. Thanks in adnavce for any and all help.

[/img]
Old 03-02-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
Azman
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

There's already skins on here for the different-colored pubic hair, Wenrick made/mods using them. Should be in one of the older threads.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:47 PM   #3
Kaayu
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

might even be hidden somewhere in his thread collections =x I think that's where I saw it last
Old 03-02-2007, 07:49 PM   #4
Downslide
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

It's true that Wenrick has many skins, most red (which I like), but I am looking for naked legs such as the picture I posted above. I looked through the pages and will once more after this but if anyone can help me find a more specific location for my search I would be infinitely greatful.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:57 PM   #5
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

The reason I have never posted the plain old nude ones is because anyone can use ChangeTex (simplest of the .dat editing programs) and simply swap the text over. Another solution is to use a texture editing program to make it red yourself. It makes me sad when people don't put forth any effort before asking for someone else to do it for them.

From the pic, I can see that you have used different leg dats than the ones I use. This in turn makes the texture swap solution void because they don't use the same UV mapping. Basically I would have to get the .dat from you and use Photoshop to make it red.

The problem I've come across in making the patch colors is that it is quite difficult to match it directly with the hair color. After several revisions I was able to get the silver, blonde, and white to match very well. To this day, I still have difficulty matching the red with the hair color. I don't know why the red has presented such an struggle. I think that there may be a shading issue. In certain situations the patch is too light, and in others its too dark. I really don't know how to fix this, so I've just stuck with what I have. (in case anyone was wondering, I also use a red-haired Elvaan character, so I have experience with this).

Basically what I'm saying is that I'd have to make it from scratch. I'm willing to do this, because it really doesn't take a lot of time. I think I have that particular leg set in my archive, so you won't need to post it.

If you still would like it, let me know.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:10 PM   #6
Downslide
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Yeah, sorry. I have tried before but I couldn't make heads or tails of the way to do it. I lack photoshop, unbelievably. I use MS paint and MS wordpad instead of Word. Basically I suck at computers. In my college I can draw like a whiz but I am a monkey when it comes to photshop. I wouldn't want to put you out to do it, though. The reason I asked was I figured someone may have had it onhand. It's not terribly important, though.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:59 PM   #7
Azman
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenrick
I'm willing to do this, because it really doesn't take a lot of time. I think I have that particular leg set in my archive, so you won't need to post it.

If you still would like it, let me know.
Post your leg .dat dear, Wenrick said he'd help you out.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:07 PM   #8
Downslide
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Oh, I thought he said he did have it in archive. Alright, this is the one I use. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: dat legs_221.dat (56.0 KB, 135 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Elvaan エルヴァーン .dats