Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 03-26-2007, 12:03 PM   #1
Kazuki
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default take the risk?

I've been woundering this for some time now. The FFXI website has this in there Q&A's.

Quote:
Response Policy

Inappropriate character or Linkshell names are strictly prohibited. When found, players will be requested to change their name, with possible action taken on their account. In the case of inappropriate Linkshell names, the leader will be instructed to delete the Linkshell, in addition to possible action being taken against the owner of the Linkshell.

Any names which resemble the spelling or pronunciation of inappropriate expression are also prohibited.

When a name is reported, the GM at the time will make the final decision on whether the name is inappropriate. If a player encounters an inappropriate name, report the name to the GM staff by making a report from "Help Desk" -> "I want to report a violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement" -> "Others."

The following examples fall under "Improper naming".

Discrimination or Slander of Ethnicity, Race, Religion, or Sex.
A character named with the purpose to discriminate or otherwise harass another player will not be tolerated and may result in action being taken against the offending account. This also includes groups that are affected by the discrimination/slander.

Profanity
Characters with antisocial or profane names are also prohibited. These are names that will make other players feel uncomfortable and lead to various problems that would cause a disruption of a player's gaming experience.

Names with Commercial, Religious, or Political Goals
Vana'diel has nothing to do with any form of advertisement or political activities in the real world. These actions are not considered appropriate and may cause a disruption to others who wish to enjoy the game.

Impersonation of Square Enix Staff
Character names of Square Enix employees are not permitted, as they are misleading and a source of confusion that leads to disruption of game play. Actions or comments that impersonate an employee of Square Enix will be severely punished.
I have alwase wanted to change my name. I am Inamber, at first to most ppl it looks ok. But it's not. I didn't like it at first couse I rushed it when picking a name and want to try for something more FF like. But not long after starting someone asked me. "is that In Amber as in In the g/f?" -.-

But now I think I could use that to get a name change. As said ppl with inappropriate names well be ask to change them....or banned.

That is what I want to ask. If I had ppl report my name as inappropriate do you think SE would ask me to change it or just banne me?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
Qwerty1
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

They don't ban you for the first offense at least, just make you change it.

If it's a mule i believe thy can just delete your character since it's not past a certain level but they won't do that to an established character.

I know this because there was a guy on Garuda named Thecok, he actually made it with that name for years before someone reported it and they made him change it.

Chances are though, as far as your name goes they probably won't do anything. You could probably get a friend or two to report the name but it's not really offensive alone, just when inserted into a joke and then explained.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
wanta
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

The easiest way to change your name is to delete your character, then make a mule with your deleted character's name, then call helpdesk and ask them to return your character. It will take 2-3 days, but when your character is back, you will be forced to change its name. A few of my friends have done it with no problem. Just keep in mind they only restore a character once for polid.
Or you could wait till the free server immigrations which they announced not too long ago become available and do the trick. Change server, make mule, move back.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Those server migrations could take awhile to come out though.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
Kazuki
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I'm kinda don't like the idea of deleting my Chr as I"m a 61 DRG.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
Kyrial
Azure Princess
Forum Member

Twitter: KyrialArthian

Yeah, like Qwerty said, they if someone has an established, built up character, and someone reports their name as inappropriate, they typically just change your name for you. There was a guy on my server named Flameass, and I believe he was in his mid-60s on THF, or possibly higher, before he got reported. He ended up getting his name changed to Flamey. So... I guess it's possible, though I don't know it would work in your case. The GMs will only do it if they find it to be inappropriate. In fact, I remember another case on my server, with an LS named PimpzWithBigNutz or something dumb like that. The GM who contacted the shell leader was really nice about it, and the shell leader was asking him about different ideas the shell had for changing it. The GM said something like "Well, think about it this way: if you could tell your grandma the name without feeling guilty or embarrassed, then it's an acceptable name. ;)" They ended up changing it to PhoenixPimps, and the GM was cool with it.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
Karinastar
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Honestly you'd probably need to do the delete/rename trick. I really can't see a GM seeing Inamber as being inappropriate even if it was reported. I suppose maybe if when the GM talked to you, you said yourself that it meant inside your gf they miiiight make you change it, but even then I dunno. :/
Old 03-26-2007, 08:20 PM   #8
Kyrika
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

You never know, someone on Unicorn got his name changed by having several people report it. He told them to say it offended them. "Flameraven" doesn't seem that offensive, and GM's kept telling people it meant a fiery bird, but enough reports of people saying it said "flamer Aven" and that offending them did eventually result in a name change. (I personally don't see what's so bad about calling some guy named Aven a flamer though, but apparently it's enough to get it changed <.<; )
Old 03-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #9
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

I highly doubt you'll get in any trouble for that name.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:51 PM   #10
Kazuki
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I mostly want to change my name couse I have mules with cooler names. to list a few Murasame, Moriko, Gemini, Tyurru (yeah it's from Ninety-Nine Nights). And yet my main is called Inamber.

Inamber is short for In Amber Flames and was the title of a fan chr I made to use in storys/art. She could use alot of strong Fire magic so ppl called her Talos in the Amber Flames or just In Amber Flames. Talos was taken and not stoping to think longer (as I had just got it and wanted to start playing) I took her title Inamberflame. But I saw the thing about long names and shortend it to Inamber.

Now with all those other cool names found yet being a 61 DRG I was hoping for a way to change my name without having to do everything again.

I have only had two ppl ever think my name was anything wrong and both were just guessing. most ppl I know thing of the color amber or a rock/stone of amber.

Thanks everyone thats given my this info. It helps alot knowing of SE has handled this stuff before and other ways of doing this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff