Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats

Notices

Old 03-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
SkizoKitsu
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default New WHM AF - Non -Noble's or whatever else

Hi y'all :D I've had a great day, and I was browsing around looking for something to replace as WHM AF since I'm going to be leveling WHM soon... and... well, everything is BRIGHT... Whatever happened to those dark white mages? ; ; So, I've begun on something original... non-Noble's, WHM AF-2, Whatever else... This is what I've done so far, and I need to know if I've overdone the tattoos so far...

Thoughts, in general? ^^

Old 03-26-2007, 09:58 PM   #2
Miayoko
Hurr Durr
Forum Member

I don't think you overdid it on the thats D: hell if you made that a .dat by itself ;-; I would use that a lot ;D cuase I <3 the design
Old 03-26-2007, 10:27 PM   #3
SkizoKitsu
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittehchan
I don't think you overdid it on the thats D: hell if you made that a .dat by itself ;-; I would use that a lot ;D cuase I <3 the design
Which do you think I should remove? I'll remove it and upload it for you :) In other news, I've added more to the body... I think I may play with the the texture on what I've added... Yes I was lazy and just gray scaled the bison jacket; ; sue me.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #4
SkizoKitsu
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

NO ONE LIKES THIS T_T Oh well, I like it (. . )

Thoughts so far?

Old 03-27-2007, 05:47 PM   #5
Rokku
[Fancy title goes here]
Forum Member

The legs seem like too much of an extreme color contrast to the rest of the set, otherwise, good work so far.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:50 PM   #6
SkizoKitsu
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokku
The legs seem like too much of an extreme color contrast to the rest of the set, otherwise, good work so far.
Yeah, I like what I've done with the legs than more of the gray scale on the body, so I may go back and change that. Do you think that'd look better than going with a gray scale theme?
Old 03-27-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
Jigglytuff
Forum Member

As far as the clothing is concerned, beautiful work. You're right, white mages don't need to be all bright and cheery. I played many games in fact where the only way to heal another character was to transfer the damage to yourself, and then heal yourself. Empaths in Gemstone 4 MUDD reference.

As far as the body is concerned, I'm a tattoo and piercing freak (Even though I don't have any because of my career, I find it attractive on ladies). I actually want to learn vrs and photoshop simply to tattoo more character models. There aren't enough of them. Kudos.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #8
Rokku
[Fancy title goes here]
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizoKitsu
Quote:
Yeah, I like what I've done with the legs than more of the gray scale on the body, so I may go back and change that. Do you think that'd look better than going with a gray scale theme?
Yeah. The grayscale, while good, seems a little bland. I think you'd probably get much better results with that same color scheme. The only suggestion I'd make from the look of the legs is to tone the black down from such a pure black. Make it more like a dark grey / off-tone black.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:14 PM   #9
SkizoKitsu
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizoKitsu
Quote:
Yeah. The grayscale, while good, seems a little bland. I think you'd probably get much better results with that same color scheme. The only suggestion I'd make from the look of the legs is to tone the black down from such a pure black. Make it more like a dark grey / off-tone black.
Mmm.. I did that with overlay... I'll see if I can't airbrush it a little to lighten it up.

And, Jigglytuff, I want a couple tattoos myself, more piercings and the such... But I'd have no family if I got them ;)
Old 03-27-2007, 08:01 PM   #10
Miayoko
Hurr Durr
Forum Member

<3 the back tattoo hun:D that would be so awesome to run around with
Old 03-27-2007, 09:01 PM   #11
SkizoKitsu
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Mmmm.... I like this better. :D I need to get rid of the black line on the front, though. Via Alpha... Boots, hands, and a headpiece are all thats left to be done... I think I'm going to do the headpiece because I've got a pretty simple idea for it :3 Well... I have close to the same idea for the Hands, too (. . ; ) Myeh :D

Thoughts so far? :D

Old 03-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #12
Jigglytuff
Forum Member

I think it looks better. One thing though, the little pink flames on the kneepads may look better with the lighter color on the loincloth. Maybe? Just a thought.

I see that it's supposed to maybe match the symbol on the arm peices, there is some brighter reds on the edges though I noticed maybe that is what is catching my eye.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:29 PM   #13
SkizoKitsu
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglytuff
I think it looks better. One thing though, the little pink flames on the kneepads may look better with the lighter color on the loincloth. Maybe? Just a thought.

I see that it's supposed to maybe match the symbol on the arm peices, there is some brighter reds on the edges though I noticed maybe that is what is catching my eye.
There you go ;)

Here's the headpiece I got to, finally, work... I kinda like it better than my original idea, but my original idea was cooler... Just need to do boots, now.
This was the original Idea:

This is how it has ended up, so far:

Old 03-28-2007, 06:19 PM   #14
SkizoKitsu
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Even though no one here seems interested in this, I've fixed up the body and I need some opinions (. . )

Old 03-29-2007, 01:31 AM   #15
caita
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Is that a bass clef? :o
Old 03-29-2007, 02:12 AM   #16
Faramir1
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Bass Clef

Quote:
Is that a bass clef?
Thats what I was thinking :3

That'd be a great tatoo for a BRD .dat mod XD
Old 03-29-2007, 04:09 AM   #17
edgewalker
Forum Member

i think it's looking absolutely wonderfull so far shiz... my only complaint is that it's not for hume F lol
Old 03-29-2007, 08:52 AM   #18
SkizoKitsu
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Re: Bass Clef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir1
Quote:
Is that a bass clef?
Thats what I was thinking :3

That'd be a great tatoo for a BRD .dat mod XD
I don't think so... But it certainly does look like one :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgewalker
i think it's looking absolutely wonderfull so far shiz... my only complaint is that it's not for hume F lol
I probably won't even try to do this for HumeF, for a couple of reasons. 1) There is no base, to my current knowledge, for the hume female as I have to the mithra 2) Hume Females are just too pale, it'd look reallllyyy weird :(

Anyway, I did the boots + have a screen shot of the mod all together. Anyone think there is something that should be changed?

[/quote]
Old 03-29-2007, 09:15 PM   #19
Rokku
[Fancy title goes here]
Forum Member

Sorry, haven't checked the site in a few days. I think it's much, MUCH better the way you've changed it, and the transition away from the pure black on the detailing made it all blend together and work visually so much better. I like the headpiece as well. Awesome work. :D
Old 03-29-2007, 11:40 PM   #20
Rayne
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Interesting set. Sorry I just noticed it today. Been running around taking care of things around the house and getting some of my own ideas sketched out for what I think I might try doing next.

The garter is throwing me though since it looks to be in grey scale and not in the same colour pallet as the rest of the set.

The shoes are cute. I'm wondering if you thought of trying something with the brd af shoes since they have that little flap that folds back down. Mayhaps the deep red colour with the fold downs being the tan fade colour.

As for the tats. I love the bass cleft on the shoulder. I'm not too keen on the others myself but I think that less is more. ^.^

Again very interesting work.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats