Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 05:22 AM   #1
thelordymir
Forum Member

Default I am looking to sell my FFXI account.

So I am looking to sell my FFXI account. Here is a screenshot-

I know some people are against this sort of thing and such. If you are I completely understand but others may wish to purchase an account to get back into the game. Or know a friend that wants to start up but doesnt feel like wasting that entire 1year or more leveling.

My asking price is 200$ right now. I have a few offers from parties on other sites but I thought i would post it here as well just to see if anyone was interested.

PM me with any questions you have.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:57 AM   #2
Kanikou
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Twitter: Kanikou

Looks cool..I would if it wasn't a Mithra -.-
Old 03-28-2007, 06:58 AM   #3
Insane
what
Forum Member

http://www.ige.com/

or

http://www.ebay.com/

go
Old 03-28-2007, 07:24 AM   #4
Kanikou
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane
http://www.ige.com/

or

http://www.ebay.com/

go
I think those are one of the sites he said he already checked out, but I think he wanted to try to give it to someone here/friends for that low (trust me..that is very low lol since his account could literally be sold for thousands, (based on that gear, true or not) but only bought for about $70, I know, since I sold my first account I had with FFXI 5 years ago.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:33 AM   #5
Miaras
Purrrfectly Perverse.
Forum Member

Mithra > All

make mithra (m) then people wont be so bitchy about it~

i think gender should be based on what it says on your credit card, when i pay for the game it clearly states who i am and gives no misleading information, then noone could complain! Sure i know theres lots of flaws to this v.v; but its an idea! ^^
Old 03-28-2007, 08:37 AM   #6
wanta
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaras
Mithra > All

make mithra (m) then people wont be so bitchy about it~

i think gender should be based on what it says on your credit card, when i pay for the game it clearly states who i am and gives no misleading information, then noone could complain! Sure i know theres lots of flaws to this v.v; but its an idea! ^^
Except that most players are kids who use their mom's credit card.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:40 AM   #7
Miaras
Purrrfectly Perverse.
Forum Member

It clearly said on the box when i paid for the game 15+ why god, why wasnt it true? Play online implemented some card thing didnt they? so that throws that idea out the window :P
Old 03-28-2007, 09:41 AM   #8
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz2k1
since his account could literally be sold for thousands, (based on that gear, true or not)
:?:

Unless I missed sarcasim, that account wouldnt be worth any more then $300 (only rare item is Assassin's Armlets) Even that is pushing it.

Ebay doesnt allow video game currency/accounts to be sold on it anymore, does it? I vaguely remember hearing something about them banning it~
Old 03-28-2007, 11:01 AM   #9
Kanikou
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer05um
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz2k1
since his account could literally be sold for thousands, (based on that gear, true or not)
:?:

Unless I missed sarcasim, that account wouldnt be worth any more then $300 (only rare item is Assassin's Armlets) Even that is pushing it.

Ebay doesnt allow video game currency/accounts to be sold on it anymore, does it? I vaguely remember hearing something about them banning it~
Yeah, you completely missed it =P
Old 03-28-2007, 01:24 PM   #10
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

People got around it by selling an item and a bonus was a free user name and password to FFXI. Only downside is that you get almost no support for your character without the registration codes unless rare circumstances. Best place would be IGE to sell it. They won't give you as much as Ebay pricing would but you won't get a warning on you and it's better than nothing. IGE will most likely strip your non rare items to sell and then resell your account.

The noted things on that account are the armlets with TH+1, Rajas Ring, high level Alchemy (can make profits there and has guild pointed item apron), and what it looks like to be Suppanomimi (only pic missing are earrings it looks unless I missed something), Hect Leggings, Sirocco (pain in the ass to camp) and Thf's knife (for th+ although knife isn't rare anymore), and Ungur's Boomerang. Putting that thus forth, CoP is completed (a lot of work here) with Sea access and has Sky access but not possibly ZM's done but at least almost completed, meaning you can almost jump right into starting the Apocalypse Nigh BCNM to get another nice slew of equipment. There's also several good leveled jobs, about 900k, and Seals. Most notably almost a full Kseal stack to do a KS99 and make several/few million gil with an LS.

Altogether, I think the $200 is very fair for this kind of account and don't need to wait months to sell, let alone SE can start doing character server moves with a fee. Typically the full worth may be up to $400 for things that this character has gotten/accomplished.

I don't believe in selling accounts but that's my appraisal at it. It's a nice account and it's too bad you're selling it off. Most people desire to replay FFXI at a later point in time and wish to return and see what's new or just to come back. Most people just cancel the account so they don't have to pay for it then reactivate every once in a while. Worst case scenario, you'll have to change your name if someone else picks it. lol
Old 03-28-2007, 01:35 PM   #11
jakaal
Forum Member

i would love to have this account, but i dont have 200$ right now....will in like a month tho...

and i had a friend who sold his 75blu great account to IGE....they only gave him 100$ for it and then were selling it for 400$....then he stole the account back by calling SE and telling them he lost his password,,,,aparently they dont change the account info so thats how he varefied his info....so he got his guy back, changed the account info and PW and IGE never came after him for the money...lol guess they cant really cuz it being illegal and all...
Old 03-28-2007, 01:40 PM   #12
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

Yeah, IGE is your typical pawn broker. You buy things from people at XXX price then resell later at a more convenient price to collectable/worth standards. Kind of like taking let's say... Allstar Baseball '99 to EB so they can give you $7... 1 week later your game's on the shelf being sold at a used price of $30... (this was a few years ago but same deal for other games and things you sell/trade off to EB or pawn brokers).
Old 03-28-2007, 05:00 PM   #13
elixirbreeds
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I'll give you #20 for it or a pizza coupon from pizzahut for two free large, the shiva's claws are what sold me, and the tavnazian bell for the lv.12 whm.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:09 PM   #14
oraoradesu
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Why would you blot out the name?
Old 03-28-2007, 05:10 PM   #15
luna_panshiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

i personally find the idea of selling accounts disgusting, there are way too many people who buy an account rather than leveling their own character.

it's the same deal as selling gil, everything you could want pre-packaged for a price. maybe if you threw out every item on that char and gave away all the gil on it, otherwise it's the exact same as buying gil on IGE and buying all the gear with it

and how i just love having to explain to a level 75 THF in full AFv2 what SATA is and how to do it
Old 03-28-2007, 05:27 PM   #16
Chakrila
Banned
Forum Member

lolTHF75 only? LOLGG :cry:
and alchemy, the most dead-end of all crafts, wtg
Old 03-28-2007, 05:29 PM   #17
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_panshiel
i personally find the idea of selling accounts disgusting, there are way too many people who buy an account rather than leveling their own character.

it's the same deal as selling gil, everything you could want pre-packaged for a price. maybe if you threw out every item on that char and gave away all the gil on it, otherwise it's the exact same as buying gil on IGE and buying all the gear with it

and how i just love having to explain to a level 75 THF in full AFv2 what SATA is and how to do it
I couldn't agree more with that.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:38 PM   #18
Hodoki
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_panshiel
i know what you mean, i remember a WAR who didnt know what a camp is and kept running behind the puller in cape terrigan, and came back with several aggros and links.
I dont just ignore that, i also go to blist these ppl whatever excuses they have, theres no excuse for lazyness.

For me personaly i wouldnt sell my account and the 3 years work in it plus the included memories i had with the chars.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #19
Undeadhunter
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

wait ... THF75 and you dont have markmanship capped ?? ...

what's wrong with you! (_ _ )
Old 03-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #20
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Shouldn't this be locked? Since it's against the ToS?
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff