Banned
Forum Member

Default Do any of you lead a sky LS?

Do any of you lead a sky LS? PST
Old 04-13-2007, 12:05 AM   #2
Karinastar
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Um I lead a casual endgame shell, we do sky but not as much as we used to... whatcha need to know?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:58 AM   #3
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Meh, if i had my own I'd use a point system where you get one point for each NM/God you show up for.

I'd also make it where you can't buy pop items to get an item before someone else does because you're impatent.... I still don't see why LS leaders let ppl do that.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:37 AM   #4
Karinastar
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
Meh, if i had my own I'd use a point system where you get one point for each NM/God you show up for.

I'd also make it where you can't buy pop items to get an item before someone else does because you're impatent.... I still don't see why LS leaders let ppl do that.
We have sort of a wishlist system, people sign up for 2 items, from there we go by date and attendance. For other items we have points which are dictated by time spent in sky and by what NMs you were there for. Donating pop items is good for points, not priority.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:43 AM   #5
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Meh, I just hate the idea. I perfer giving everyone a fair chance, not the guy with the fatter wallet.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:13 AM   #6
Dammerung
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

If you want to supply the pop items, why not just go buy the damn thing from the RMT?

As long as you are up front about the system, can answer questions, and aren't corrupt, it will work. If people cry, boot them for being a stupid lootwhore.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:13 AM   #7
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

My LS goes by participation. The more you show up to do things, the more likely you'll be allowed to lot something whether it be only you or a couple people that share roughly the same participation. For NM items, we generally have NM item days where people in the LS that want the item come to them and pop NM's are handled by /random each time. Doesn't matter if you're a veteran or newer person. If you show that you can participate, LS may help kill/attend an NM.

The reason why we're not point based is because then the people who are just always on (no school, no work) or people that have multiple people play their accounts or veterans that rack up points and never use them will not hog or horde items that other people should be also deserving of.

Something wrong about buying from RMT. You essentially do not want to work or cooperate with fellow members to earn an item but rather decrease the work it would take just to gain an item versus gaining team recognition.

If people want items from Sky... they need to attend and show they want to work for not only items but to help others get items and to work together. If you participate only when it's Kirin time and never help farm any of the other gods to pop it... it's either good-bye or don't whine if you can't lot something. You don't need people joining your LS just to get items them leave when they feel they're finished.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:14 AM   #8
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

We use a point system too. 3 points for being on time and stay for the whole time, 2 for being late or leaving early, 1 for both, 0 if you arent there for at least 50%. We don't support freeloading one bit lol. Points generally determine lot priority. As a consequence we've had a few people leave because "all the more elite members get gear before the rest." Obvously it was because we had far more time to build up points and actually earn the stuff. It's more funny than anything, they join and expect to get stuff before everyone who's dedicated months of time.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:31 AM   #9
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

One problem is that if a person takes a 1~2 week break, then when that person comes back, he or she will have the same points but hasn't participated for that time. Let's say someone working hard on pop items steps in and helps farm very well and let's say the person is interested in Byakko's Haidate and has built up points since then but the person that took the break, in other words didn't farm, comes back when they're doing Byakko and yet still has more points and decides to lot the Byakko's Haidate that the other person worked hard farming pop items to get to aim at it. It's unfair and doesn't sound right.

How would you depreciate points if a person didn't farm or took a break?

That's why I'm against point systems because typically there are many unfair loophole advantages. By constantly making an executive decision to override or fix the case on the go, you only create an unstable atmosphere.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:37 AM   #10
Claude
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Rule #1 All Crimson Legs go to RDMs bwahaha.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:54 AM   #11
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

The caveat to that is though if they take 2 weeks off they'll have fewer points after getting the haidate so they'll likely be lower on the list for whatever else they want. It all balances out. Also our mindset is more of a long term rather than an immediate, hell we only farm once a week. Thanks to SE though we have a huge backlog of pop items, if we were to go all out one day we'd be popping like 6 byakko, and similar numbers of the other gods.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:32 AM   #12
Curunir
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

DKP > all other loot systems
Old 04-13-2007, 09:01 AM   #13
Joolate
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I'm one of the leaders of our end-game shell, we've been going now for two years strong. We do everything. HNM, Sky, Sea, Limbus, any popped NM you name it. We've always used our own point system and have guidelines set about who is allowed to lot what. Some items have a job prefference, such as zenith mitts for black mages or crimson legs for pld's for kiting. The people who do participate the most always sit on top, but we don't hog/horde items. In the end, it all comes down to having common courtesy for the next player, and rewarding those who may not have been there for every event under the sun, but always give their best effort per r/l permitting. This can only be enforced by strong leadership. The biggest problem pearls have, realizing that they need the shell, it will run with or without them. /rantoff
Old 04-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #14
Chakrila
Banned
Forum Member

well, my current sky LS is about to break i think, if i have to remake it with friends inside the shell i will, but... how do i minimize the drama?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:51 PM   #15
only1gameuru
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

i used to . . . and i think i could be considered as a person people in the shells that i am look up to, they start to fade away after i leave . . .
Old 04-13-2007, 03:59 PM   #16
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakrila
well, my current sky LS is about to break i think, if i have to remake it with friends inside the shell i will, but... how do i minimize the drama?
Make sure people only get what they deserve. All drama begins when people start getting freebies over someone who's contributed just as much, if not more.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:31 AM   #17
Kanikou
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Twitter: Kanikou

I run a shell with a great group of people, our system = freelot. Period.

The "money" items, like crafting materials/expensive scrolls etc goes to the LS bank, but if someone needs it and they sign up for it, it's likely to go them.

My LS has yet to experience drama, but when it comes to certain things, Job priority takes over, for instance, with Homam Gear, PLD > BLU > everyone else. Some pieces does go towards BLU first, though.

Same with Dynamis, free lot if your job can use it, 2nd job has to be 70+, if none of those jobs are present, you can lot ONLY if you intend to level the job, so for instance I got full SAM, SMN, and DRG AFv2, so now I have to level those jobs =p
Old 04-14-2007, 03:40 PM   #18
elixirbreeds
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Also a shellholder, we use the wishlist method too overall not just sky, so sea sky limbus pop items etc and it gives us an idea of which NMs to focus on to balance the masterlists and get everyone doing something they want.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:14 AM   #19
Undeadhunter
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I run 2 wishlist/pointlists on my server ... that's how far my LS leader stuff goes :P
Old 04-18-2007, 01:18 AM   #20
Undeadhunter
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz2k1
My LS has yet to experience drama, but when it comes to certain things, Job priority takes over, for instance, with Homam Gear, PLD > BLU > everyone else. Some pieces does go towards BLU first, though
wait ... WHAT oO

Hands (and maybe legs) ... ok

but all the rest is more a DRG BLU THF (feet DRK too, others are meh) item, not a PLD ... (unless for some strange reason you want to be loladin DD)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff