Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 04-15-2007, 01:41 AM   #1
Howl
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default So I'd like for my family to not see these DATs...

Hey, so I have a little bit of a situation.

I've downloaded quite a bit of DATS to sex my mithra up ^^

Problem is, my little brother also plays the game...and may want to play it on my computer sometimes once I get it all running again.

Keep in mind I have windows XP with seperate accounts, one for my family and one for me to use (heh, you know, so they won't find certain things...) and the last time I tried adding this kind of DAT it changed it in all files on all XP accounts...

Is there a way for me to edit the DAT files on my account without affecting the others?
Old 04-15-2007, 03:01 AM   #2
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

Only one set of dats are allowed per computer. Not per account.

.dat mods are fun, but if the wrong people see them on your comp, its certain trouble.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:11 AM   #3
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,422 Times in 3,372 Posts

Default Re: So I'd like for my family to not see these DATs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howl
Hey, so I have a little bit of a situation.

I've downloaded quite a bit of DATS to sex my mithra up ^^

Problem is, my little brother also plays the game...and may want to play it on my computer sometimes once I get it all running again.

Keep in mind I have windows XP with seperate accounts, one for my family and one for me to use (heh, you know, so they won't find certain things...) and the last time I tried adding this kind of DAT it changed it in all files on all XP accounts...

Is there a way for me to edit the DAT files on my account without affecting the others?
You could do this...

uninstall FFXi

install FFXi as the "computer user account" you want the nude etc stuff on then
logout, login as your brothers? account, install FFXI (in another location) leave his normal.

Make sure that the accounts are setup to have there own "desktop" icons and startmenu icons so that way when your brother wants to play he will be on his own ffxi where he sees no alterations while you will have yours.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:36 AM   #4
Mysteryguy
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I backed up the original dats into hidden rom folders. Like Id have it so Id have the folder containing the naked ones, and the folder containing the originals. All you have to do is copy and paste them into the ffxi folder, and it will turn it to normal/adult. Sorry if the explanation is a bit vague, I just woke up. If you dont understand Ill rewrite it later ^.^;
Old 04-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #5
Malamasala
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Unless short on space I'd simply keep 3(!) sets of dat folders.

- The active one in playonline path
- The backup one placed anywhere
- The sexy "hack" placed anywhere

Then simply copy the folder structure of the version you want to be "install".

Just observe that with this method you'd need to do double updates. (or know which files to copy between the different folder structures)
Old 04-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
Saire
RP Junkie
Forum Member

Personally I found the copy/paste thing a bit, um... long. It takes my computer about 20 minutes to copy the full ROM folders. So rather than copy/paste, I just keep one of each folder and rename whichever one I'm using to ROM when I want to play. Copy/paste takes 20 minutes but renaming a folder is instantaneous results. Just... don't forget to change it back afterwards or you'll get caught again.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:33 PM   #7
Mysteryguy
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saire
Personally I found the copy/paste thing a bit, um... long. It takes my computer about 20 minutes to copy the full ROM folders. So rather than copy/paste, I just keep one of each folder and rename whichever one I'm using to ROM when I want to play. Copy/paste takes 20 minutes but renaming a folder is instantaneous results. Just... don't forget to change it back afterwards or you'll get caught again.
you dont have to copy and paste the whole folders every time. Just the dats that are being effected. The dats that arent being copied over would be left alone. When I used to do this, it would take like 5 seconds to do it, and this was even from one hard drive to another
Old 04-15-2007, 08:23 PM   #8
Curunir
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Just make a copy of your ROM folder with the default dats and name it something like bROM in the same folder as ROM (with modded dats). When you're done playing rename ROM to aROM and bROM to ROM and the next time the game is loaded it will load the default dats.

Much easier to rename 2 folders before and after play than to copy stuff around all the time or reinstall the game (which you can't do because of the registry edits afaik).

If your folders are like mine (and I have a LOT of dat mods) that should work for everything except maybe a few ToAU NPC's.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:29 AM   #9
Howl
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Oh, I'm so glad to see I got so much help! Thanks everyone, you've just solved my problem.

I just re-joined the game and am in Garuda. Give a shout to my mihtras "Esthar" and soon "Nekohelm" if you're around!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:07 AM   #10
Mysteryguy
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

The only problem I see with the renaming thing is that his little brother plays the game too. What would happen if his little brother got into modding as well? He would know what the folders do and began asking why there is more than one of each folder. I dunno, I think it would be a little bit safer to just move the folders back and forth, which really isnt as much trouble as people seem to think. You dont need to copy the entirety of all the folders, just the dats being swapped out. And even with the rename method you have to patch for both sets anyway.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #11
Nahald
Kitten Butt
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saire
you dont have to copy and paste the whole folders every time. Just the dats that are being effected. The dats that arent being copied over would be left alone. When I used to do this, it would take like 5 seconds to do it, and this was even from one hard drive to another
An even easier method for constant swapping of the same dats over and over is to use Kilandor's Dat Copier application. This application, in additon to instantaneously swapping and backing up desired dats for you, also includes a feature that allows you to make a list of dats that you would like to swap for whatever mod you want to replace it with. Only problem is that the Restore feature is a bit of a hassle to use if you swapped a lot of dats, hopefully that'll be fixed in future versions though.

Anyway, you can download Dat Copier here
Old 04-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #12
Saire
RP Junkie
Forum Member

Well, I do it that way also because it serves the double purpose of backing up all the .dats for me in case I mess up at some point.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section