Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMORPG's » General WoW Talk Forum

Notices

Old 04-30-2007, 09:55 AM   #1
TOD
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Starting out

well finally tried this game out (14 day trial version) and thinking bout getting it for good currently a Tauren Druid lvl 8

if i get this game for good should i stick with that? thought it was cool first being some godly person who never had to rest while i passed some warriors and etc etc resting but near lvl 7 when i got skinning as a craft being a druid soon became tideous
(probobly because i became obsessed with skinning random things) to me is there anything that i should try to achieve as a druid?
(i might switch alliance and other depends on friends choice i could care less) and what crafts go good together (like i said lvl 8 can start over and not cry about it to much)
also can druids use any ranged weapons? found a gun off of a bird but pretty sure only rangers can use it
Old 04-30-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
arucart
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

druids can't use ranged not even wands i think only hunters, warriors and rogues can use guns i think i dunno about paladin but if depends if you want the craft just to make money then the options would be gathering crafts such as Mining + skinning or enchanting if you can get it high enough to do some godly enchants that people will pay alot for but yeah also its alot more funner to play with friends then alone uh depends what you want to do in a group depending on your spec a druid can heal or tank dunno about DPS
Old 04-30-2007, 03:42 PM   #3
Insane
what
Forum Member

Druids are hybrids, just like shamans, Bear form(10) is the tanking form for druids, Seal(15) is for being in the water and such, Cat form(20) is the DPS form etc. Also trauren starting area is booooooooooring.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:17 AM   #4
Claude
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Night Elves have the better cat form imo (in terms of looks). If you like skinning, you can also go Leather Working to make yourself armor.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:28 AM   #5
TOD
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

well me and my brother are gonna start around the same time and one of my friends from ffxi is also joining no clue on the alliance yet but liking druid alot just a bummer you cant change jobs in WoW like you can in ffxi, also one of my friends said you can buy the skills you use a certain item (such as the gun for druid?) i duhno just think itd be cool is all even though i can just cast spells and it'd be much cheaper
Old 05-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #6
Insane
what
Forum Member

Druids cant used ranged weapons, only war, hunter, and rouge can uses range. If you start out as an undead war or something you can goto Thumber Bluff(tauren city) and learn maces for 10s i think. Skills and spell wise, when your leveling 1-60 you get a new skill every 2 levels, kind of like even numbers, but some classes have quests for certain skills or spells and get them in-between the 2lvl skill gap. Once your lvl 60(have have TBC) you can goto outlands for 60-70 and you get skills every level. There's other jobs besides druid or unless you love it a lot if not try something else. Also you know about the talent tree right? If you need HALP just pm me or someone else
Old 05-02-2007, 08:03 AM   #7
TOD
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

heard the talent tree was like the diablo 2 system of lvl up to were i can increase a skill i think. other than that i just have always liked druids in blizzard games and dont wanna be a rogue since thats all my friends at school play and supposobly there overpowerd in PvP. Id rather be the guy whos ambushed while trying to do a quest instead of ambushing.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:11 AM   #8
arucart
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

well druids 3 trees are restoration/balance/feral

resto- healing

balance - magic damage

feral - fighting in beast forms

feral druids are amazing tanks and can compare to warriors easy

resto druids r gud to but their ress isn't so always better to hav a shaman or pala or preist to ress

most ppl make rogues on pvp servers and twink them out to the max their cloak of shadows is over powered
Old 05-02-2007, 03:43 PM   #9
Insane
what
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOD
heard the talent tree was like the diablo 2 system of lvl up to were i can increase a skill i think. other than that i just have always liked druids in blizzard games and dont wanna be a rogue since thats all my friends at school play and supposobly there overpowerd in PvP. Id rather be the guy whos ambushed while trying to do a quest instead of ambushing.
What server do you play on? I'm bored lately so I'll help if want
Old 05-03-2007, 09:08 AM   #10
TOD
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane
What server do you play on? I'm bored lately so I'll help if want
havnt really done that part yet like i said starting out still deciding the server from being alone/playing with friends from school/playing with friends from the Game shop i go to. btw on the prescription card i bought it had a little info card that said i could give a friend my game disc and theywouldnt need to buy it to play the 10 free day trial. Does that concept work for people joining (i use my friends copy instal it on my brothers laptop and i can play) or do i need to buy my own?
Old 05-03-2007, 05:01 PM   #11
nublet
Forum Member

Don't need to buy anything. Just go to http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burni...owhome&promo=1 and use the free trial online.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:38 PM   #12
Insane
what
Forum Member

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...d/talents.html
Talent calculator also
Old 05-08-2007, 08:50 AM   #13
TOD
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

well saturday is my last day for the free trial which is kinda a bonus since i can finally use the damn ah only lvl 11 atm if anyone is intrested in wanting to play WoW with me server is Korgath name is Zanzinger plan on making a feral druid and kinda kicking myself in the ass right now for accidently putting point into improved mark of the wild. anyway to move it? would like to get mangle ASAP. wouldnt mind restarting just that kinda have a skinning skill of 94 pretty sure thats nothing but seems big to me >_>
Old 05-08-2007, 09:52 AM   #14
arucart
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

you can but it costs at first 1G then 5G then 10G then 15G everytime you wipe your talents (i think) anyway to do this goto a class trainer for you

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMORPG's » General WoW Talk Forum