Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 05-03-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
Zorafin
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Why did you quit?

This board seems rather dead, so I'll assume that nobody wants to talk about PSU. I'll assume that nobody wants to talk about PSU because nobody plays it. So, why don't you play it? Is there one particular reason, or did a variety of things cause you to lose interest?
Share your thoughts and experience on the matter.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:35 PM   #2
Rokku
[Fancy title goes here]
Forum Member

I was dumb enough to buy the 360 version when it came out, instead of the PS2/PC version, while everyone I know from here and everywhere else bought the PC/PS2 one. Go me, better graphics and no one to play with.

By the time I was going to switch it around, I had gotten back into FFXI slightly (though I still don't play now), and I heard a lot of stuff floating around with the PC/PS2 version regarding a lot of the same problems the old PSO had, so I just said screw it.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #3
TTT
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I have the PS2 version, I just haven't played it online so I don't really say much on here about PSU, hehe.

I still think I liked PSO better to be honest, but then again, I haven't played PSU online :)
Old 05-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,588 Times in 3,421 Posts

I'm soorta waiting on the expansion when they got whips n stuff out O_o
Old 05-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #5
gigan
Captain Garlock
Forum Member

Default Re: Why did you quit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorafin
This board seems rather dead, so I'll assume that nobody wants to talk about PSU. I'll assume that nobody wants to talk about PSU because nobody plays it. So, why don't you play it? Is there one particular reason, or did a variety of things cause you to lose interest?
i was already at cap level with millions and best loot and the very enjoyment of the game hinged on the next patch being released. sega originally promised a 4 week difference between american and japanese server updates with equal content updates.

i waited 7 weeks to be rewarded with an unequal update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorafin
Share your thoughts and experience on the matter.
the last time i played was when moatoob was released. a few weeks after that i quit cuz i was still capped on all classes and character level. its sad i had time to cap FO on cast.

the most challenging thing was that winged demon dude? give me a break.

i question the point of playing. there was no clan system just an awkward team system so it doesn't really support socialization. you grind, you level, you sell, you make money, you grind?

you cap you win? make money for what :/

get best gear for what? no pvp and no incredibly hard monsters :/
Old 05-03-2007, 03:42 PM   #6
Insane
what
Forum Member

I didn't mind redoing the places over and over but soon as I got lv10 and realized that I quit. Also the fact that my frame rate wasn't doing good making me attack slow, when im in a pt also, made it horrible for me, I played for a week and quit.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:21 AM   #7
Dein
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

I had been playing up until the point where they claimed they would release the Ultimate PAs one update then suddenly went back on that and made everyone wait 3 weeks for them. The content they promised to release at the later date with the PAs was just a few extra missions and a story mission (I think) so that really turned me away from the game when I had already been sitting at the lvl cap of 70 and was struggling to keep myself interested in finishing a full run of a mission. Decided to just quit until they release the expansion which I'll give the game one final try before I probably leave it alone for good.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:51 AM   #8
Kyrika
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

PS2 slowdowns were the main reason I stopped, and the other reason... was that I can't max everything on one character LoL. I wanted to cap out every PA, until I realized there was a max number of PA's you could have, and overwriting one and then relearning it later resets it to level 1, which is kind of a turn off after playing FFXI and capping nearly every weapon on WAR XD
Old 05-07-2007, 12:35 PM   #9
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Hmm, lets see. Well I was a big fan of the original PSO on Dreamcast back in the day. That game was like a revolution for me, it got me hooked on online games. Between now and back then I've played more online games than I can recall, but I remember getting bored with PSO and wanting FFXI to come out. Ironically when FFXI came out I was wishing I could be playing PSO instead, but didn't want to buy an X-Box/Gamecube for just one game. I kept looking back like PSO on Dreamcast was some kind of golden age when gaming online was actually fun and didn't feel like a chore.

Anyway PSU failed to live up to my expectations. I wanted another PSO but somehow, PSU just couldn't be that. Some people might disagree with me, but PSU didn't have the same kind of charm as its predecessor. Maybe after playing a few real MMORPGs, I could never go back to enjoying a game like PSO. Compared to FFXI and WoW, PSU was really shallow, and I got bored with it in the first week. Another reason I quit was because Sega hardly delivered on their promises with the updates. Bottom line, PSU was a bland hack 'n' slash/grindfest. If I wanted to mindlessly grind all day I'd just go back to WoW, which I did when BC came out.

The game is still on my PC because one of these days I'm going to at least beat single player mode. All I gotta do is manage to stay awake while I play.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #10
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Waitin on expansion~
Old 05-09-2007, 11:56 AM   #11
LadyPeorth
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

My friends all vanished or picked other games...I eventually moved with them. I'd like to go back one day though.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:55 PM   #12
kalwern
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

its geting boring for me now all that i knew all quit and most went back to play BB on a free server
Old 05-19-2007, 02:20 PM   #13
takofarm
Forum Member

I just quit cause I been hella busy... but pretty soon me and my friend Justin will prolly return
Old 05-19-2007, 03:00 PM   #14
diverdan86
Forum Member

Like Jujubee, im a PSO Dreamcast vet. I played that game on every system it came out for and still love it. PSU seemed like an answer to some of PSO's old flaws like lack of abilities, more areas, and faster combat. I actually ended up quiting FFXI 4 months before the game came out just because of anticipation.

Unfortunately, the game wasn't as briliant as everyone thought it would be. For one, when the game was released, it had the exact same content as the 360 beta that had come out a week before(extremely depressing). Other things just piled onto that. How everyone became assholes with bosses and rules like "Die and I boot."

The biggest problem i had was the synth and luck system. Since one was dependent off the other, it seemed so crappy having to wait around for days just to have a slightly better chance at making something. The synth system really made weapons and armor feel in a way, intangible. Like in most mmo's PSO's rare and normal weapons were dropped by monsters, giving you a sense of worth when you got them. In PSU, you hunted for a recipe board and then the recipies and then you had to TRY to synth it. Wish they would have stuck with the old items system.

Oh, and the chatting system between other players was terrible. At least other games in the future can take PSU as an example of what to avoid.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:29 PM   #15
grimlock
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

PSU for PC was trash.. garbage. No free-look like an analog controller.. nope.. What we did was WASD and then press the <- arrow to center view on our character.

The game was only a grind and nothing other than that. No mini events, no social events, nadda.

If PSU would be like PSO ported over, I'd play it as my escape away from FFXI grind. But it wasn't.

Reasons why I quit:
Graphics: 5/10 - should've been much better
Controls: 1/10 - for the PC.. they were ungodly limiting. It's like FFXI pushing PS2 shit on PC.. oh wait they do.. with full screen onry
Gameplay:4/10 - I did have some fun, but only because of the other players
Story(single/online):3/10 Wasn't half bad really, maybe too cliche
Interface: 5/10 - I enjoyed the comic like actions and various things, but the chat was cumbersome and awkward (like it would cut words off to break a new line)
Old 06-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #16
KingToasty
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

I quit because they wouldn't let me run people thru DeRagan anymore :(.
I started up a fad where i ran people through massive amounts of de ragan runs for money..Never charging any more than they would make for the runs... Then the Nazi admins banned me from the forums and i gave away all my gear..
Kiwi
Old 06-12-2007, 03:15 AM   #17
yusic
Forum Member

I stumbled upon this place when I was playing PSU once but what ended my PSU days was making a new character and creating it over my main instead of my alt ( My newman was level 49 when the cap was sixty, really really high for me and I lost everything expect my guild cards :P) So I stopped playing pretty soon. Plus my mates Mum camed down with some sort of cancer and they moved/stopped playing. Alot of the points made against the game ring true but I just loved playing a MMMO off a controller ( I bought a 360 one to play on my pc, now its just used for ZSNES) I'd probably play it again if I didn't delete it off my HDD now that my DVD drive is broken and had a few more mates in the game again but I'll be keeping an eye on the expansion. Even getting an interest in FF XI now so don't be surprised if I wander over there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions