Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 05-14-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
Mira_Kitty
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Changed some stuff now game crashes, blah

Didn't know which forum would be best to post this but, guess I'll try this one since it's kinda a request to fix my own stupidity.

Was changing some dats this afternoon, nothin big, just mostly hume F armors and a few mithra faces, etc. Anyway when I start the game now I get to the character selection screen and as soon as I try to select a character I get the "Playonline Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close" thingie and it crashes. I've restored all the DATs that I changed (I think) still same problem.

Been pouring over all the dat files the past hour trying to find where I fked up. If anyone has had this problem before and knows where I could look deeper to find the problem. At this point I'm considering deleting XI and reinstalling it, which would make me a sad kitty.

Thanks for any help :?
Old 05-14-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,587 Times in 3,421 Posts

scroll through model viewer and get the dat #'s missing :P
Old 05-14-2007, 10:10 PM   #3
TTT
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I experienced this after playing around with motion dats a while back... I tried replacing them all back to normal, and after a lot of tinkering nothing improved so I decided to uninstall and reinstall, which seemed to be the best solution unfortunately...

Make sure you explore all possibilities before doing that though, there might be a way to fix your problem ^^
Old 05-14-2007, 10:23 PM   #4
Mira_Kitty
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Thanks for the tips, gonna keep working on it. As if there isn't enough shit happening today (did I mention I have the flu? heh) my fiance's account is atm being hacked by what we think is probably a linkshell member. Ah....good times....good times....

Thanks again for the help, gonna try to fix it for a bit longer. If I wasn't so addicted to dat mods I'd be afraid to use em. :roll:
Old 05-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

If you can't find the problem, and don't mind the risk of loosing the custom DATs you have, you can do a FFXI File Check, that should find any missing/not FFXI orignal DATs and then you can have it redownload them.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:40 PM   #6
Mira_Kitty
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

oo that sounds like it would work. How do you do that? :oops:
Old 05-15-2007, 02:51 PM   #7
darkside
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

when you get to the FFXI title screen where you ussually hit the "play" button, its one of those options below play i believe. Tho what i can also suggest, if you know what gear your characters are wearing, since the crash happens on character selection, its obviously a mod for a visible gear there. So that can at least signifigantly narrow down your search for the corrupt DAT.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:58 PM   #8
Mira_Kitty
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I've reverted the dats that I recently changed back to the originals but I'm still getting the crash as soon as my characters appear. Usually if I mess up on a dat it doesn't cause the whole shebang to crash (one time I forgot to put in a new leg dat and a bunch of mithras were walking around legless :shock: ) I'll try the XI dat fix thingie next. Thanks for all the help guys and gals :D
Old 05-15-2007, 03:31 PM   #9
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,587 Times in 3,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira_Kitty
I've reverted the dats that I recently changed back to the originals but I'm still getting the crash as soon as my characters appear. Usually if I mess up on a dat it doesn't cause the whole shebang to crash (one time I forgot to put in a new leg dat and a bunch of mithras were walking around legless :shock: ) I'll try the XI dat fix thingie next. Thanks for all the help guys and gals :D
load model viewer, go through each section holding the up/down arrow to "super scroll" through them till model viewer shows nothing/error/crashes on something. you'll know what your missing then.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #10
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira_Kitty
oo that sounds like it would work. How do you do that? :oops:
If this was in regards to my suggestion of doing a File Check, that is done from the POL ID select screen,
Step1- Launch the game
Step2- If POL loads directly to the password input box, cancel so it goes back to the POL ID select screen.
Step3- Click "Check Files" from the menu on the left side (5th option from top or bottom)
Step4- Change the 'program' (PlayOnline-compatible Software) to Final Fantasy XI and then click 'Check Files'

Hope that helps.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section