Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 05-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Default Metal Gear Solid 3

Was an amazing game but I got to say... Huh?

Anyone who has looked into the story a lot more then me care to explain all the corilations between everything? So far all I got is this Snake is the original Snake of which Solid and Liquid from MGS 1 was from... but how did Ocelot become such an old man in MGS 1 when he was probably early 20's in MGS 3? Also what truely happened to the REAL EVA and ADAM... and the false EVA as well?

Also who the hell is Solidus Snake? I never finish MGS 2 and can't find a copy anywhere...
Old 05-17-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
wanta
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
but how did Ocelot become such an old man in MGS 1 when he was probably early 20's in MGS 3?
Did you beat MGS3? Because the answer is pretty simple after that. Spoiler ahead explains it anyway.

Spoiler:
At the end of MGS3, you will learn that the guy you've been playing all the time isn't Solid Snake from the 2 previous games, but his father, aka Big Boss. So MGS1 games take place like 30 or so years later.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
arucart
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

pretty much cracked it there
Old 05-17-2007, 06:56 PM   #4
Alleya
Forum Member

IIRC the real adam and eva are either dead or fake. The fake EVA escaped into the sunset.

Dunno about ocelot, I guess he just didn't age very well. :P My uncle is gray and wrinkled all over too, and he'd be about the same age as ocelot.

Soldius was another product of the experiment that created Solid and Liquid, he is supposedly the balanced and therefore superior clone.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:14 PM   #5
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Okay well I'm playing through again, and making much better time, and I think I understand the majority of the Metal Gear story... but why the heck does Volgin keep grabbing Raiden/Raikov/Prettywhateverboys crotch? Comedy value?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:34 PM   #6
killerx
Forum Member

speaking of MGS isn't 4 coming out ina few months?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:35 PM   #7
wanta
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythago
Okay well I'm playing through again, and making much better time, and I think I understand the majority of the Metal Gear story... but why the heck does Volgin keep grabbing Raiden/Raikov/Prettywhateverboys crotch? Comedy value?
Pretty simple: he's gay.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:07 AM   #8
JasoNintendo
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Warning a few spoilers:
MGS:3 was set in the 60's, where you played as "Naked Snake" who gets promoted to be "Big Boss" by the president after defeating The Boss at the end. This is a different person to "Solid Snake" who was part of the Les Enfents Terribles project, and was part of 3 survivors of this experiment, the other two being Liquid Snake and Solidus Snake. In this experiment scientists created clones of Big Boss giving Solid Snake the recessive solider genes, Liquid Snake the dominant soldier genes (though he is told otherwise) and Solidus was an exact clone of Big Boss.

Ocelot is a different story. He was The Boss'(The Joy's) and The Sorrow's son born on the battlefield. He was also the real Adam and was meant to meet Snake insead of 'Eva' on that night. This explains why his group randomly shows up the next morning, and why he fails to kill Naked Snake on several attempts (later it's reveiled that the bullet he keeps trying to shoot Snake with is actually a blank shot). The main reason he looks so old in MGS1 and MGS2 is due to it being 20-30 years later.

The main linking part between each Metal Gear game is that, aswell as continuing the story line, each game answers the main question from the previous game. At the end of MGS1 we hear Ocelot talking with the President, and he refers to him as "the third" and "solidus", which becomes the question of the 2nd game. In the second game we find out who he is and what his aims were, but we were left with another question at the end: Who are the Patriots/La-li-lu-le-lo? This is the main theme of MGS3, where we find that they are the group that control the philosophers legacy, and evolve into the Patriots after Ocelot (Adam) retrieved the money at the end.

If there's anything else I can explain, please ask (I've played them a bit too much just to get every little story tidbit).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions