Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 05-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Default Private Server

Ugh, I didn't mean to make a new thread. This was supposed to go in 'PSO Online Play.'

Anyway, for anyone interested in playing online for free on a private server, heres a guide on how to do it.

Quote:
All credit goes to SCHTHACK etc.
Credit goes to me for making this guide biggrin.gif

1 - Download PSOBB, from here: http://198.176.8.126/PSOBBUS/Setup.exe
Or alternatively if that link doesnt work, refer to here: http://psobb.com/downloads/client_confirm.php

2 - Install PSOBB Pretty self explainatory, once PSOBB has downloaded, open the file and install it step by step.

3 - Now to setup for the PSOBB Private server left click the start button in the bottom left Then click on Run...

4 - Type into the box on run: notepad.exe c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

5 - Now notepad should have popped up with a file, Heres what you do:

5a)Copy: 207.210.93.28 game01.us.segaonline.jp
5b)Paste it underneath 127.0.0.1 localhost
5c)Press File then Save and close notepad.
5d)If you cant connect to the server in future check that 207.210.93.28 is the same as on: http://www.schtserv.com/ if it isnt, Then replace 207.210.93.28 in the host file you just edited with the 4 number combination referred on www.schtserv.com in the top right, Correct term for this number is IP, its a internet address for PC's basically.

6 - Now you need to register to be able to play on psobb:

6a) YOU HAVE TO BE USING INTERNET EXPLORER FOR THIS TO WORK!!! (Doesnt work on firefox)
6b) Go to this link and put in the desired username and password you want: http://www.schtserv.com/bbreg.html
6c) Done :D, if you dont play the game for more than 90 days your account will be deleted, so login at least once every 89 days ( or before 3 months ).

7 - Setup of PSOBB:

Upon starting psobb you get the options:

Start game
official site
official billing site
options
credits
cancel

Of course the only 2 were going to use is options and start game :) (Unless you want to pay for the game when ive just made you play it for free? or exit the loader just after starting it up? lol)

So for options:
You want the highest frame rate possible, or smoothest in other words, otherwise its going to be like sloww motion for youu ^^.
Resolution: 640x480 recommended for low end pcs, 1024x768 for high end pcs.
Window mode: Forces game to 640x480 in a window, you cant alt-tab out while in full screen, it will close the game, But you can talk on msn etc look at guides on sites while in windowed yes.gif .
Wait V-Sync: I recommend leaving this off as it will keep the frame rate as high as possible allthough with horanzinal tearing it doesnt lower the frame rate to 58-59 while trying to keep it under 60fps or lower.
Word wrap: Not sure what it does but leave it on.
Graphics: If your a newbie i suggest just using the high end normal low end features of this if not go into the advanced section ^^.
Sound: Leave it On unless you want to turn bgm off, keep global focus sound checked if you can or unless its buggy or something for you.
Font: I recommend verdana and arial, as they look the best in psobb, allthough its your choice.
Save ID and Password: Well recommended unless you want to enter your username or password everytime, turn it off though if you got some kind of assbandits in your house or something that want to sneak on and delete your character or something.
Once done press save!

8 - Starting your game:

8a) Start the game from the psobb launch menu.
8b) Wait for title logos etc to pass by, then press enter.
8c) Go down to register UserID, Put in the username and password of what you did when you registered earlyer then press confirm.
8d) Press start game, it should start patching once done press enter itll start logging you into the character server, if you cant get on keep trying (may come up with server is full error)
8e) Once your on, make a character and start playing :D enjoy, Also f12 = get your menu up, go to options configure any gamepads you have there or configure your keyboard controls to your liking etc :).

ENJOY biggrin.gif

Oh yeah...

RULES!!!!:

1 - Hacking rules

1.1 - harmfull hacking like fsod will get your account deleted

1.2 - hacking to get advantage in the game is not allowed. If you keep hacking/cheating after being warned by a GM you will get a temp ban. Get banned 3 time and your account will be deleted.

2 - Public rules

2.1 - Do not flame other players

2.2 - Do not use racist or explicit chat

2.3 - Do not create character names that may be offensive.

2.4 - Respect other players' opinions and playing styles.

3 - Bugs and updates

3.1 - If you wish to report a bug, use the existing topic and provide all the information you have

3.2 - Do not post about a bug already reported if its not to add information

3.3 - Any item lost or game data altered by a bug wont be fixed if it needs manual edit. Do not ask for a character fix

3.4 - Remember, this is a free server made in our free time, bugs reported wont be fixed until we get the time to do it, so be patient

4 - account policies

4.1 - you are resposible for your password and username security, We are not responsible if your account gets stolen

4.2 - After 3 months of inactivity the account will be deleted to keep the database clean

4.3 - Do not ask for an account restore if u overwrite a char or lost something

5 - Gameplay

5.1 - The actual droprate and general item drop is based on a layout similar to sega but its isnt exactly the same

5.2 - the rare monster appearance is not based on sega's ratio

5.3 - the rare drop rate is not based on sega's ratio but the items dropped by monsters are the same

5.4 - the ep4 rare drop isnt the same as sega for better reference look at the ep4 dropchart topic

6 - Server support

PsoBB uses alot of ressources and if you wish to help us maintaining the support for this game you can make a donation by using the button on www.schtserv.com

IPB Image
I'm on it right now, if anyone wants to play togather send me a PM. It's actually pretty populated.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
XxNaHtExX
Forum Member

Default Re: Private Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee
Ugh, I didn't mean to make a new thread. This was supposed to go in 'PSO Online Play.'

Anyway, for anyone interested in playing online for free on a private server, heres a guide on how to do it.

Quote:
All credit goes to SCHTHACK etc.
Credit goes to me for making this guide biggrin.gif

1 - Download PSOBB, from here: http://198.176.8.126/PSOBBUS/Setup.exe
Or alternatively if that link doesnt work, refer to here: http://psobb.com/downloads/client_confirm.php

2 - Install PSOBB Pretty self explainatory, once PSOBB has downloaded, open the file and install it step by step.

3 - Now to setup for the PSOBB Private server left click the start button in the bottom left Then click on Run...

4 - Type into the box on run: notepad.exe c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

5 - Now notepad should have popped up with a file, Heres what you do:

5a)Copy: 207.210.93.28 game01.us.segaonline.jp
5b)Paste it underneath 127.0.0.1 localhost
5c)Press File then Save and close notepad.
5d)If you cant connect to the server in future check that 207.210.93.28 is the same as on: http://www.schtserv.com/ if it isnt, Then replace 207.210.93.28 in the host file you just edited with the 4 number combination referred on www.schtserv.com in the top right, Correct term for this number is IP, its a internet address for PC's basically.

6 - Now you need to register to be able to play on psobb:

6a) YOU HAVE TO BE USING INTERNET EXPLORER FOR THIS TO WORK!!! (Doesnt work on firefox)
6b) Go to this link and put in the desired username and password you want: http://www.schtserv.com/bbreg.html
6c) Done :D, if you dont play the game for more than 90 days your account will be deleted, so login at least once every 89 days ( or before 3 months ).

7 - Setup of PSOBB:

Upon starting psobb you get the options:

Start game
official site
official billing site
options
credits
cancel

Of course the only 2 were going to use is options and start game :) (Unless you want to pay for the game when ive just made you play it for free? or exit the loader just after starting it up? lol)

So for options:
You want the highest frame rate possible, or smoothest in other words, otherwise its going to be like sloww motion for youu ^^.
Resolution: 640x480 recommended for low end pcs, 1024x768 for high end pcs.
Window mode: Forces game to 640x480 in a window, you cant alt-tab out while in full screen, it will close the game, But you can talk on msn etc look at guides on sites while in windowed yes.gif .
Wait V-Sync: I recommend leaving this off as it will keep the frame rate as high as possible allthough with horanzinal tearing it doesnt lower the frame rate to 58-59 while trying to keep it under 60fps or lower.
Word wrap: Not sure what it does but leave it on.
Graphics: If your a newbie i suggest just using the high end normal low end features of this if not go into the advanced section ^^.
Sound: Leave it On unless you want to turn bgm off, keep global focus sound checked if you can or unless its buggy or something for you.
Font: I recommend verdana and arial, as they look the best in psobb, allthough its your choice.
Save ID and Password: Well recommended unless you want to enter your username or password everytime, turn it off though if you got some kind of assbandits in your house or something that want to sneak on and delete your character or something.
Once done press save!

8 - Starting your game:

8a) Start the game from the psobb launch menu.
8b) Wait for title logos etc to pass by, then press enter.
8c) Go down to register UserID, Put in the username and password of what you did when you registered earlyer then press confirm.
8d) Press start game, it should start patching once done press enter itll start logging you into the character server, if you cant get on keep trying (may come up with server is full error)
8e) Once your on, make a character and start playing :D enjoy, Also f12 = get your menu up, go to options configure any gamepads you have there or configure your keyboard controls to your liking etc :).

ENJOY biggrin.gif

Oh yeah...

RULES!!!!:

1 - Hacking rules

1.1 - harmfull hacking like fsod will get your account deleted

1.2 - hacking to get advantage in the game is not allowed. If you keep hacking/cheating after being warned by a GM you will get a temp ban. Get banned 3 time and your account will be deleted.

2 - Public rules

2.1 - Do not flame other players

2.2 - Do not use racist or explicit chat

2.3 - Do not create character names that may be offensive.

2.4 - Respect other players' opinions and playing styles.

3 - Bugs and updates

3.1 - If you wish to report a bug, use the existing topic and provide all the information you have

3.2 - Do not post about a bug already reported if its not to add information

3.3 - Any item lost or game data altered by a bug wont be fixed if it needs manual edit. Do not ask for a character fix

3.4 - Remember, this is a free server made in our free time, bugs reported wont be fixed until we get the time to do it, so be patient

4 - account policies

4.1 - you are resposible for your password and username security, We are not responsible if your account gets stolen

4.2 - After 3 months of inactivity the account will be deleted to keep the database clean

4.3 - Do not ask for an account restore if u overwrite a char or lost something

5 - Gameplay

5.1 - The actual droprate and general item drop is based on a layout similar to sega but its isnt exactly the same

5.2 - the rare monster appearance is not based on sega's ratio

5.3 - the rare drop rate is not based on sega's ratio but the items dropped by monsters are the same

5.4 - the ep4 rare drop isnt the same as sega for better reference look at the ep4 dropchart topic

6 - Server support

PsoBB uses alot of ressources and if you wish to help us maintaining the support for this game you can make a donation by using the button on www.schtserv.com

IPB Image
I'm on it right now, if anyone wants to play togather send me a PM. It's actually pretty populated.
Sweet. Nice guide.
I'm not sure how often i'll be on, especially within the next week... Tuesday - Sunday (29th - 34th) i'll be gone to SC on vacation.
However, here are my character names should you run across me while online:

Currently active:
Leon - FOmar - Bluefull - Team: Chaos_Coven

Anyway... hope to see you online!
Once again, good job on the guide :D
Old 06-14-2007, 12:27 AM   #3
yusic
Forum Member

Here is hoping for a PSU private server *dreams*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions