Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 05-29-2007, 11:05 AM   #1
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Default FFXI Stories

So I was browsing www.ffxionline.com and checked into the "Fanfiction" section. Which eventually, after awhile of digging, led me to www.fanfiction.com. I checked out the FFXI section, and just WOW at some of the stories on there. They are awesome, once I started reading a couple, I couldnt stop till I read half, or even all of the story lol. I highly recommend reading some of these, there really very good!

Direct linking doesnt work for some reason, so i'll lay out the steps to get to the stories for XI.

www.fanfiction.com

->

Games

->

Final Fantasy XI

My personal favorite stories are:

The Wounded Warsong; its a story about a Mithra Paladin, not gonna go into details as it will give alot away. This story isnt completed yet, the Author (Orinthia) is still updating it. This one is my favorite so far.

Lost and Almost Forgotten; This one is about a little taru girl, who gets enslaved by the Yagudo. Very well writtin and shows how strong some people can be. (Has Shantotto in it too lol)

Verit
Old 05-29-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
Shantotto
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Any lemon goodness there?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
Ryuji
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Was wondering why these forums don't have a "Fan fiction" section anywhere. Are fan fics not popular enough to bother?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #4
Asgardian
Forum Member

Theres a huge Fan Art section. . . lol
Old 05-29-2007, 03:04 PM   #5
Ryuji
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Fan art is nice, but it's not fan fiction >.< I haven't seen any fanfiction on these forums (up to now, lol) so I'm just guessing people aren't that interested in those.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:27 PM   #6
Wintermute
Postcount Manipulator
Forum Member

Verite au Vie is a good story... I remember reading it awhile back, but then I never finished it (read all the chapters that were up at the time and then didn't check back). I should probably finish reading it, come to think of it.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:52 PM   #7
Teneshi
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantotto
Any lemon goodness there?
From what I've seen on FF.net there's not a lot of lemon. Or if there is it's kind of watered down stuff. A while back they got rid of anything with a rating over R, which is now M (if I recall the new order). So all the good and bad NC-17 stuff or even extremely descriptive stuff migrated to adultfanfiction.net courtesy of the authors.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:54 AM   #8
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I have a pseudo fan fiction story detailing the beginning of the galkan race as we know it. lemme find it.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:59 AM   #9
Beldin
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Well... since we're talking about FFXI stories, I guess a shameless self-promotion wouldn't hurt...

I currently have 3 stories I've been working on along with a humor blog...

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Thumb_Mo...7&showforum=14

~The Legend of Beldin~
Prolouge, Parts 2-6, and teh Finale: Battle in Bastok...

~Duty, Honor, and Death~
All under the topic "Duty, honor, and Death" (WIP)

~Unnamed Story~
The Beginning > Training > Adventure (WIP)

~Beldin is BLOG~
All under the title "Beldin is BLOG" (Updated randomly)

I'm also currently writing a script for a buddy's FFXI Movie

(EDIT: Forgot to post link)
Old 05-30-2007, 06:21 PM   #10
Asgardian
Forum Member

Verit
Old 05-30-2007, 06:58 PM   #11
raygun616
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Heh, thought I saw a small spike in hits for my fic :x

Thanks for reading it so far (and for the free publicity lol). I still write and plan on finishing it though I might go back and revise it again later since I'm still not that satisfied with how i wrote the first dozen chapters... but it'll do. Talking about Wounded Warsong; I'm still in the middle of writing ch46 lol. All the horribly rainy days in Texas have been giving me a little push in writing lately.

I tend to rush into chapters and leave them quickly... been trying to work on that but meh. Helped getting to the point fast whenever I did college project write-ups lol so it's probably a good little habit sometimes >_>.

Be sure to leave reviews for whatever fic you read on ffnet though. I'm sure all the authors would appreciate them because I sure do lol. Just write anything; doesn't really matter, but to the ones not complete maybe write what you'd like to see or what you think is missing. Nice to have a third person's perspective on it while imagining what happens next. Like I catch myself sometimes forgetting about a certain sword that's always there and his snide remarks on things lol.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:41 PM   #12
Asgardian
Forum Member

lol was wonderin if any of the authors from there posted on here =P Really looking forward to the rest of your story :3

How do you write reviews? I couldnt find one, so I just write PMs~ Lemme know how to and i'll write a review on warsong :3 *goes back to reading*
Old 05-30-2007, 11:18 PM   #13
raygun616
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

It's an option in the lower left hand corner and it's available for all chapters (so you can review per chapter if you feel like it). It's a little misleading in that the combo box says "submit review" when there's no field to write in near it lol, but when you click the go button a new window pops up for you to write in. By default I think anonymous reviews (that is people that don't log into ffnet) aren't allowed but there's an option to allow them which I've switched on for mine.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:07 AM   #14
fudgie
Oh, God damnit...
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Wow, this is pretty good stuff.
We should put a fanfic topic under fanart, since writing is a form of art and I'm sure a lot of people here would like to write some and share it around ^^ but maybe that's just me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff