Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 05-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
Tamashii
Forum Member

Default WARNING HACKED!

A player on Gilgamesh's account was hacked.

Last 3 recent third party tools he used were:

1. Apradar
2. Ffxi Parser
3. Altana Cubby

one of these programs (or more) or another program possibly takes your account info and sends it online.

this player (my LS member) was a paladin. logged off at sky, logged back in Sandoria with all his stuff (including his mules) gone.

Currently on Gilgamesh, the hacker is going by one of possibly many new mule accounts selling hacked equipment. One known account is: "Nosogil"

i would recommend experienced community members to lend a hand in tracking down the perpetrators.

Thank you

- Tama
Old 05-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #2
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

You going to post this on every site you can that has material related to FFXI?

btw, you forgot windower, and as you where told on another forum:
Quote:
How about your take the time to look into the issue before pointing fingers kid.

tamashii wrote:
A player on Gilgamesh's account was hacked.
Last 3 recent third party tools he used were:

If "he" has an issue with his account getting hacked, let him post about it. This says nothing more then, "it was my account but I dont want to admit it and I dont want to admit the other tools I was using."

tamashii wrote:
this player (my LS member) was a paladin. logged off at sky, logged back in Sandoria with all his stuff (including his mules) gone.

Currently on Gilgamesh, the hacker is going by one of possibly many new mule accounts selling hacked equipment. One known account is: "Nosogil"

i would recommend experienced community members to lend a hand in tracking down the perpetrators.

So how many people did he give the account info to in your LS? How many of them are trustworthy enough to hold the info themselves and not give it out?

Seriously, don't come to our forums to point fingers and make accusations.
You ever think there was other stuff that he could have downloaded that would of had a keylogger in it?
Old 05-30-2007, 01:09 PM   #3
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Welcome to why I won't ever use a 3rd party program on FFXI.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #4
Vorn
A Bit of a Gigglepuss
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
Welcome to why I won't ever use a 3rd party program on FFXI.
Agreed. I do wish SE would hurry up and introduce their own windowed mode for FFXI already, though. It sucks not having another PC to look stuff up on while I play.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

There is no proof that any other those programs where the "culprits" either. This is a hearsay post from someone else, who may or may not have a clue what the other person did on their PC.

Could have downloaded from a place other then the original, who knows. Could have navigated to one of the links that was supposedly sent to players via /tell in-game and had his account stolen by RMT. Noone knows then the person whom this happened to. Taking another persons "word" as to what happened is ridiculous. This is up there with the people that complain, "ZOMG I got banned for windower onry" (yet failed to mention that one time or whatever they tried something, or blabbed in-game about stuff their where doing or whatever)
Old 05-30-2007, 02:39 PM   #6
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

If you don't download certain 3rd party tools from respective websites from respective hosts, there's a chance the file you download comes with a keylogger. Although I won't call that person a hacker because anyone can use a program to retrieve keylogger info. I wouldn't be surprised if the Apradar had it or anything related to the FFXIApp program. He doesn't need to be using Apradar anyways. In my opinion that's as bad as Argus/Flee Tool.

SE has already mentioned it several times that if you download those programs, you're able to get what this person has. Usually downloads are fine on them but every now and then there'll be a bad apple in the bunch. Personally, I'd not chance the 4 years on my character that I've played. This should be nothing new to people.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #7
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

I only use windower, and I don't use any plugins, just straight windower, and I've used it for a long time now, nothin happened yet. Plus, I'm smart about it. :)
And I play on PS2 sometimes, so it doesn't matter.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:56 PM   #8
Chakrila
Banned
Forum Member

saved password on POL > keyloggers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff