Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 06-05-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
Saire
RP Junkie
Forum Member

Default Texturist Wanted

Allow me to explain.

I like to think that I'm a decent modder when it comes to manipulating things in VRS and Meta. However, when it comes to making textures for mods, I'm absolutely horrible, which leaves me unable to do the one type of mod that I truly want to: original ones.

Thus I seek to enter into a partnership with a talented texturist. This person would make textures for mods I choose to make, and in return I would do the modeling for requests that they would have. I do, however, have two stipulations for anyone who would want to join me.
1. Said texturist must be willing to do 18+ mods of male and/or female genitalia.
2. Said texturist must be willing to share most (if not all) mods we do together with the community.

As an example for the type of thing that I can do, I have included a mod below. What I would like would be for the hair to be sky blue and the facial markings removed, but as I said I am unable to do textures. Also, remove the alpha from the bottom of the hair at the back (and add texture accordingly) so that the hair looks rounded. If someone is attempting to undertake this and is unable to manipulate alphas, PM or post and I will remove it myself.

If you are interested, please reply here or PM me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untextured_preview_140.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	10988  
Attached Files
File Type: dat cylias_face_185.dat (34.1 KB, 39 views)
Old 06-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #2
pi314
Forum Member

Default Re: Texturist Wanted

My first attempt at this, and I actually think it turned out well. I am extremely adept at photoshop, and thought this might be a challange for me. Here are my results...

Edit: Reading up on alpha mapping, sounds like I should be able to do this without a hitch if I spend some time on it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	after_101.gif
Views:	30
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	11237  
Attached Files
File Type: dat cylias_face1_117.dat (34.1 KB, 28 views)
Old 06-11-2007, 12:25 AM   #3
Saire
RP Junkie
Forum Member

The hair's a bit bright for me, heh. I prefer colors more muted like they are in the FFXI original files. Other than that, it looks good though. The face came out quite well. Are you interested in partnering up with me or are you just fulfilling this as a request?
Old 06-11-2007, 07:49 AM   #4
pi314
Forum Member

I'm interested in partnering as long as you don't make too many changes on me. I can't stand people that want 100 changes after I made something (no offence). It's not exaclty the most easy work, although I do enjoy it. Note: I do this in my spare time - which is usually on the weekends, so if that bothers you, I'm not you're man. Oh, just to let you know, I'm not actually very good at making something from scratch, if you get me a model to go from, or a starter texture like this - I'm golden. I CAN draw certain things from scratch, but I'm much better at actually editing than anything.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section