Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 06-14-2007, 01:53 PM   #1
tsubasa
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Request for Elvaan male-Stance

Hello,

This is my first post and i very much enjoy the site especially the dats that everyones made. you guys should work for SE on making armor for the game honestly lol. I thought id ask about a dat to be made for players if anyone can help.

Ok im sure alot of you have seen how we elvaan males hold Great sword over our heads like "HEY HIT ME IM OPEN". I discovered this this motion browsing around in altana veiwer and was wondering if anyone could help me with making it useable for players like najas idle for mithra.

If anyone wants to look at the motion its under the (all) in action its called Mot_-3 its the second one form the bottom and seems to be availible to elvaan male as the pc. It has both a draw and putaway motion if anyone could make it possible for players or maybe PM with how to do it I would be very greatful.

Here is a picture of what the battle stance looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp stance_293.bmp (1.39 MB, 245 views)
Old 06-15-2007, 03:10 AM   #2
Cyranal
Anjunaboy
Forum Member

How much experience do you have using VRS? It's actually one of the easier things to do in VRS once you learn the basics. Although, I do like that stance, I still prefer holding my sword over my head. It exposes the ribcage nicely for attack. I'm actually working on porting a Hume F dancing sequence to either an emote or a common animation so if I'm feeling really motivated I might give this project a try. I just hope the weapon animation isn't on another dat file or else your sword will be laying on the ground. >.> And i'm too lazy to learn how to fix that but someone else might be able to do it for you. :P
Old 06-15-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
tsubasa
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

I have no experience at all with using VRS, I read over grumpy rarabs site do you know where a more indepth type of guide somewhat based around FFXI I can read over by chance? I did browse through the rest of the races/sexs to see if that was avalible to the others and sadly it seems to be just for elvaan males with great swords. Im guessing its part of a COP Cutscene or ToAU just havent seen it yet. Im really hoping its all there as the dats and not scattered so it will be simple.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
Cyranal
Anjunaboy
Forum Member

I actually took a look at the animations this morning in Model Viewer and Altana View. The normal battle animations using a GS are split between dats 1_41_87 and 1_41_97. When this occurs, usually it means that the PC animation is on one dat (87 is my guess) and the weapon animation that matches is on the other dat (97 most likely). However, not having loaded up the animations yet, I can't say for sure (finding the correct upper and lower body motion files takes a bit of searching). The battle animation dats seem to be spread out all over the place. My best guess is that copying just the stance will cause the weapon to lay on the ground. I know some people here know how to fix that issue but I haven't really had the time or desire to learn much more then the basics. Life is kind of kicking me in the ass so I've got a lot of other things to take care of right now. :)

And actually, Grumpy's tutorial is where I learned the basics of VRS. If you just take each of the lessons and do them word for word in your copy of VRS, it makes the program less daunting. Just reading it doesn't do me any good. The way I learned was to read a step, then do the exact step in VRS. If it didn't come out the way it was supposed to, I reference back to the tutorial to see what I did wrong. If it worked, then I move on to the next step. It takes time to learn but if you're willing to invest the time to learn, you won't have to always ask someone else to do the modding for you. :D After you get the basics down it's all practice and experimentation after that. Or look for other threads in various forums discussing things you want to do.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #5
tsubasa
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

K maybe ill give it a try and see if I can learn better doing it step by step on VRS reading the tutorial. Thanks for looking into it though I appreciate it, so to get the draw out put away and battle stance gonna have to do some search huh? lol oh well be more rewarding them when i do get it all done.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:29 AM   #6
Cyranal
Anjunaboy
Forum Member

Well, wouldn't you know it...it was as easy as swapping motion files. Didn't have any problems with the sword animation and tested it in game and works just fine for me. Still, it's good to learn how to do these kind of things. :)
Attached Files
File Type: dat 1_41_87_gs_stance_124.dat (780.4 KB, 89 views)
Old 06-17-2007, 08:53 AM   #7
Shep
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

any way this can be made to work with Great katana?

oh and there's a bit of clipping when using body armor like Hauberk (weights on the hanging cloth in the front and the shoulder guard hangs in a funky way)

other than that, amazing work!
Old 06-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #8
tsubasa
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyranal
Well, wouldn't you know it...it was as easy as swapping motion files. Didn't have any problems with the sword animation and tested it in game and works just fine for me. Still, it's good to learn how to do these kind of things. :)
Cyranal You rock, Thank you SO much!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #9
Cyranal
Anjunaboy
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
any way this can be made to work with Great katana?

oh and there's a bit of clipping when using body armor like Hauberk (weights on the hanging cloth in the front and the shoulder guard hangs in a funky way)

other than that, amazing work!
It should be fairly easy to port to Great Katana as well. As I said, it's as simple as copying the new animation over the animation file you want replaced (although different weapons may react differently when swapped out). As far as the clipping goes, I haven't worked with skeletons and weights yet so I don't know how to fix the clipping issues. The model I tested on didn't have armor so I didn't actually notice it til now. Clipping has never really bothered me so I guess I never felt the desire to learn how to fix them. :) Anyway, I still encourage everyone to learn how to do this kind of thing.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:43 PM   #10
tsubasa
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Not saying its bad just a npc must use it in a CS that doesnt have shoulder guards but its pefect for me since I use a valor corazza dat so no shoulders. got to test it just recently looks aweseom especially since i switched out spinning slash for tachi:kaiten.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #11
Shep
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

tried just swappimg im the stance to great katana, and the great katana stays sheathed. >< seems its a bit more than swapping it into the correct dat, too bad too, i really liked the stance
Old 06-19-2007, 02:37 AM   #12
Cyranal
Anjunaboy
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
tried just swappimg im the stance to great katana, and the great katana stays sheathed. >< seems its a bit more than swapping it into the correct dat, too bad too, i really liked the stance
In order to use the stance with G.Katana, you have to actually port the animation into the G.Katana battle file (1_41_89.DAT). The dat I posted is for Great Swords only so it wouldn't work to just replace the G.Katana dat with a G.Sword dat. That's what VRS is for. :P
Old 09-28-2007, 03:23 AM   #13
Devius2006
Incest King
Forum Member

I have a question.

I use this stance for my GS (love it) now heres the weird thing.

On my SAM. i use Tenzens GKT. And Tenzens GKT gets the same stance as this. Keep in mind that i havent changed any DATS for GKT to alter its stance in anyway

to see the stance go here www.youtube.com/devius2006 Just look at my SAM vs DRK pvp vid.

Anyway onto my question. I dont really mind that stance. i love it actually. but when i engage or disengage theres no animation. the GKT just jumps to his hip and he stands back upright. now i was wondering since its a great sword mod to start with. Is there anyway to have the GKT placed on the back, instead of the hip and to use the animation from a great swords engage/disengage that originally comes with using this mod?

I would prefer to have the GKT on his back anyway. Thanks in advance.

(P.S. this is for Elvaan Male)
Old 10-09-2007, 09:00 AM   #14
Smed2.0
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

This is the stance used by the NPC Louverance from the COP mission cutscenes, in case anyone was wondering.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section