Cyranal
Anjunaboy
Forum Member

Default My new /sit

Heh, he finally shared his motion file:

http://tune.ache-bang.com/~vg/module...=4821#post4821

or

http://tinyurl.com/yu7klr

Finally was able to import it after he explained the issue some of us were having and saved it as my new sit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sample2_130.jpg
Views:	1053
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	11946  
Old 06-24-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
wanta
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

There's a .mot file in it? How exactly do I install it?
Old 06-24-2007, 01:50 PM   #3
Cyranal
Anjunaboy
Forum Member

In the file you download there is a motion file for this animation. Motion files are used by VRS so in order to use it in the game you have to load the motion file and then save it into a DAT that you want changed. The problem was that the file was associated with his VRS settings and so I wasn't able to import it into my VRS session until I changed my skeleton file name to match that of the motion file. Once the motion was loaded up it was as simple as copying them over. He provides a text file of the motion file numbers and images of how to load the file into VRS.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #4
Iyama
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

is there any chance you could post that dat file for the new sit?
as I have absolutely no idea how to go about doin it or getting it, that site makes no sence to me what so ever
Old 06-29-2007, 02:35 AM   #5
Dammerung
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Can you post the dat with the only mod as this one in /sit?
Old 06-30-2007, 07:49 AM   #6
garath
Miqo'te Enthusiast
Forum Member

Tumblr: garath79

Ok I tried t ogo to xoops but i don't know the password and my PC isn't set up to read japanese text can anyone help me out?
Old 06-30-2007, 08:42 AM   #7
luna_panshiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garath
Ok I tried t ogo to xoops but i don't know the password and my PC isn't set up to read japanese text can anyone help me out?
you don't need a password to download from mmo xoops, thats just to make posts
Old 06-30-2007, 08:12 PM   #8
Mushimushi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammerung
Lurker person here wanting to help out a bit. Since i had no idea about VRS and had never done this i disregarded the mot file because it kept crashing me or giving me some weird ass error. Wasn't sure if i was doing things well, but the OP gave me the hint on where to start looking.

So here's a fast paced tutorial about what you gotta do:

1. Open VRS and load a mithra model, whichever, with the "FFXI mode read" tool
2. On the schema view look for the first skeleton entry as shown in this screenshot posted by the xoops poster himself:
http://tune.ache-bang.com/~vg/module...25_sample3.jpg

3. You have to rename whatever you see there (by double clicking and editing the box), which will probably show the path of your FFXI installation, to what the mot file needs to find, which is the following directory and file name:

D:\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM\51\89.dat<Skeleton>

Note: You don't need to actualy have any file in this directory at all, nor the directory has to exist for this to work. The mot file just references this name so that it knows where to apply the skeleton values.

4. In the schema view again, make sure you now select one of the FFXI entries under the root of the tree (which should be called scene). Once such item is select, you will find an Import option under the upper menu: File -> Import. Use it and navigate to the mot file you downloaded. Open the mot file. Make sure the import options are the same as what is shown in the screenshot above (yes, it's JP, but it's pretty obvious what you have to choose).

5. You'll see the pose loaded on the viewer (which btw is a piece of crap... but i digress <.<). Now you can export the pose and animation to a FFXI DAT file. For this, use the "FFXI motion save". This will pop a dialog asking you for a file to save into. Navigate to DAT file containing the mithra sit motion, which should be:

ROM\51\89.DAT

And make sure you input the following entry under the "This motion file ___ motion number save": 105

Save the file by pressing accept. Now, repeat the same steps but with the code: 108 and save it again.

This will change the upper and lower body motions for /sit, respectively. if you wanna mess up things, change the code to something else. I don't know the codes, but i bet you can find a list around here or somewhere (some one has it? Link please!)

6. This should have succesfuly added the pose to the /sit motion. Note that this will retain any and all mods the original file you used for had. For example, my 89.DAT included the Mihli stance idle pose, so i now can have both of them. Great way to mix your own files :)

--------------

For the lazy or technicaly challenged, a modified 89.DAT file with this sit style and Mihli stance:
Attached Files
File Type: dat 89_163.dat (1.64 MB, 743 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mushimushi For This Useful Post:
apacotaco (12-28-2012)
Old 07-01-2007, 02:32 AM   #9
greedisgood
Regular Forum User
Death Skull

:shock: NIce work ! Thx a lot :D
Old 07-01-2007, 09:28 AM   #10
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Yeah thanks Mushimushi. I was about to try changing the motion file, but when I saw "you need VRS" I decided to forget about it. VRS and myself are not on speaking terms at the moment, and I think I can safely say for about 1/2 of the ppl here that hates VRS as well Thank you!
Old 07-01-2007, 11:56 AM   #11
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Pretty good, but needs motion to it TBH
Old 07-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #12
Proph
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushimushi
Quote:
Lurker person here wanting to help out a bit. Since i had no idea about VRS and had never done this i disregarded the mot file because it kept crashing me or giving me some weird ass error. Wasn't sure if i was doing things well, but the OP gave me the hint on where to start looking.

So here's a fast paced tutorial about what you gotta do:

1. Open VRS and load a mithra model, whichever, with the "FFXI mode read" tool
2. On the schema view look for the first skeleton entry as shown in this screenshot posted by the xoops poster himself:
http://tune.ache-bang.com/~vg/module...25_sample3.jpg

3. You have to rename whatever you see there (by double clicking and editing the box), which will probably show the path of your FFXI installation, to what the mot file needs to find, which is the following directory and file name:

D:\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM\51\89.dat

Note: You don't need to actualy have any file in this directory at all, nor the directory has to exist for this to work. The mot file just references this name so that it knows where to apply the skeleton values.

4. In the schema view again, make sure you now select one of the FFXI entries under the root of the tree (which should be called scene). Once such item is select, you will find an Import option under the upper menu: File -> Import. Use it and navigate to the mot file you downloaded. Open the mot file. Make sure the import options are the same as what is shown in the screenshot above (yes, it's JP, but it's pretty obvious what you have to choose).

5. You'll see the pose loaded on the viewer (which btw is a piece of crap... but i digress <.<). Now you can export the pose and animation to a FFXI DAT file. For this, use the "FFXI motion save". This will pop a dialog asking you for a file to save into. Navigate to DAT file containing the mithra sit motion, which should be:

ROM\51\89.DAT

And make sure you input the following entry under the "This motion file ___ motion number save": 105

Save the file by pressing accept. Now, repeat the same steps but with the code: 108 and save it again.

This will change the upper and lower body motions for /sit, respectively. if you wanna mess up things, change the code to something else. I don't know the codes, but i bet you can find a list around here or somewhere (some one has it? Link please!)

6. This should have succesfuly added the pose to the /sit motion. Note that this will retain any and all mods the original file you used for had. For example, my 89.DAT included the Mihli stance idle pose, so i now can have both of them. Great way to mix your own files :)

--------------

For the lazy or technicaly challenged, a modified 89.DAT file with this sit style and Mihli stance:

Nice work need motion to /sit and the old /heal added. The /heal where the mithra move up and down to ground forward.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:02 AM   #13
Dammerung
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Got lost in Step 4. It gave me an error "Cannot find any object attached to this motion." right after the box with all the XYZ stuff.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:55 AM   #14
Murrr
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Got lost in Step 4. It gave me an error "Cannot find any object attached to this motion." right after the box with all the XYZ stuff.
same problem :cry:

even tho i put everything the same as this screenshot 100%
Old 07-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #15
Deidre
Forum Member

After playing with the DAT, it's a nice concept.
However, there is NO movement.

It looks like you are looking at a still frame.
And the tail coming out of the ground is a bit disturbing as well.

All in all, it's "okay", but needs some "motion" to it.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:54 PM   #16
Cyranal
Anjunaboy
Forum Member

That error usually means that the skeleton file is named wrong. But if you have followed the instructions step by step from above then the only other issue I can think of is that your computer may need to be set regionally to Japan (for non-unicode programs). Try this:

1. In your Control Panel, open up the Regional Settings. In the Advanced tab, set your 'Language for non-unicode progams" to Japanese. Reboot.

2. After the reboot, open up VRS again and make sure to remember to change the name of the skeleton file. Then, try to import.

If that doesn't work, then there must be something else going on. The only time I get that error is when the skeleton path name is wrong. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidre
After playing with the DAT, it's a nice concept.
However, there is NO movement.

It looks like you are looking at a still frame.
And the tail coming out of the ground is a bit disturbing as well.

All in all, it's "okay", but needs some "motion" to it.
Feel free to add motions if you like. And if you can fix the tail issue, he would be more then happy to recieve instructions on a better place for it. He's already posted that this wasn't an animated file and that he -is- looking for help on how to fix the tail. So any help you can give him, I'm sure he'd appreciate it. :) If you want animation, look at the MK file he posted.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:17 PM   #17
Mushimushi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrr
Quote:
same problem :cry:

even tho i put everything the same as this screenshot 100%
If you did step 3 correctly, this shouldn't be happening. I know i don't have the non unicode default to Japanesse, but i do have the asian character sets installed (same place as described by the posted above). That might have some relation, but i doubt it.

Please make sure you understand step 3 and post if there's something unclear about it :)

EDIT Update:
Oh, i see where the problem lies >< My bad for not being clear. The full name of the skeleton must read exactly this:

D:\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM\51\89.dat<Skeleton>

Yes, it must include the <Skeleton> part. This is just a name tag given to the skeleton which is what VRS looks for when applying the motion file, since this is what the mot file contains as name tag (you can actualy choose where to apply it, but i can't make that work... VRS is translated into broken english, so it's kinda hard to know what the hell you are clicking at <.<)

You can copy paste that line (disregard any ending spaces the copy&paste might add) and it should work now.

Please note that this is ONLY for the file above. For other stuff the guys at Xoops are releasing you'll have to change it to whatever their mot files are set as.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #18
Rayne
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

And in this one instance I will speak for Deidre. He does not use VRS at all. Neither do I.

And I'm definitely not going to have him go out and buy me 3D Studio Max just so I can do everything in Jasc. Although I'd seriously love to be able to have the full program so I can play with weights and do painting on the actual models.

The model does look interesting conceptually but it looks oddly wrong. I can't explain it but after seeing it on Deid's computer I just said, "Eww! What's wrong with your character?"

I understand that the creator has released it as a WIP however in my opinion it still needs some work that I don't know how to do.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #19
Cyranal
Anjunaboy
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
And in this one instance I will speak for Deidre. He does not use VRS at all. Neither do I.

And I'm definitely not going to have him go out and buy me 3D Studio Max just so I can do everything in Jasc. Although I'd seriously love to be able to have the full program so I can play with weights and do painting on the actual models.

The model does look interesting conceptually but it looks oddly wrong. I can't explain it but after seeing it on Deid's computer I just said, "Eww! What's wrong with your character?"

I understand that the creator has released it as a WIP however in my opinion it still needs some work that I don't know how to do.
LOL, i'm sorry if my post came off badly. I was trying to say that the creator of the motion file undertands that there are flaws in this work and was looking for help. It may be part of the reason why he posted it so early so that someone could help him. No offense was intended.^^
Old 07-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #20
Dammerung
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Got it working, many thanks :)

Anyone have the motion numbers for /heal?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats