Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 08-06-2006, 05:27 AM   #1
Kibz
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Snow Crash fans...

I was going through the list of games on mpogd.com, everyone gets bored of FF every now and then >.>; anyways...

http://secondlife.com/

D
Old 08-07-2006, 06:05 AM   #2
Miaras
Purrrfectly Perverse.
Forum Member

can you say cyber, but a whole game based around it? ;) least thats the rumors
Old 08-07-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
Kibz
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I wouldn't doubt it...
Old 08-07-2006, 07:50 AM   #4
Undeadhunter
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I dont like it
Old 08-07-2006, 08:07 AM   #5
Miaras
Purrrfectly Perverse.
Forum Member

its just... weird. in all senses of the word. you'd do best to stay away from online games like that, ofcourse thats my bia's opinion, each to their own right?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:20 AM   #6
Kibz
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I don't like it either, but the idea behind it is insanely similar to the "Metaverse" in Snow Crash.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:06 AM   #7
Eviticus
Proud Automaton Owner
Forum Member

I haven't posted much to this site. Mostly because I'm fairly new, and the only computer for me at the moment that has acess to the internet is not mine, so whatever stuff I have to post isn't acessible. However, I have had some experince in Second Life (Or as they call it, SL), so even though this thread is a bit old, I figured I'd post my two cents here on it.

Second Life is an interesting game. Very huge, and 99% player created and ran. I remember a bit from reading Snow Crash, and yeah, it's quite a bit like it. (Though I've yet to see someone running around who's avatar was a giant penis.) There's many themed areas, and they're always putting out patches and stuff for it because it's changing so much.

There is an actual currency system called Linden's. (L$'s) You get a very, very small allowence a week that you're active in SL of L$'s, or, you can actually buy L$'s for real life money from the company that owns this. And yes, I do beleive you can sell them back.

People in the game, if they know how to code and such in the game, make items and can sell them to other people in the game. There are entire shops, Malls that reach into the sky filled with little shops desplaying wares. Clothes, new skins for your avatars. Houses, planes, X-wings, whatever you want.

However, since this place is for the most part entirely run by it's players, certain cultures within the Internet have burrowed and...for a lack of a better term, festered. Cyber Sex is probably the single most common tie linking these sub cultures together.The two generes I noticed the most were Gorean and Furry, and neither much like eachother.

SL is a interesting place, and sometimes makes some heavy demands on your computer's memory and video card. Some of the areas there are so off the wall that you may not want to wander around without a guide. Some places will outright just kick your ass out of the area if you're not in character.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions