Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMORPG's » General WoW Talk Forum

Notices

Old 07-10-2007, 07:51 AM   #1
Distant1337
Forum Member

Default Model Swapping

Does anyone here know how to swap what you look like?

ex. Change what you look like (on your screen) from human female to undead male (without noggen foggers).

Any help with this would be cool. Thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
nenechan
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

You can ,and it's not that hard after you get the hang of it.

First thing you will need for any of this to work period (you used to be able to just throw your home made mpq's into the data folder, but blizzard disabled that, so now you need a tool like this) is found here in this post : http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...-edit-fix.html

Newest version of the file: http://rapidshare.com/files/40233358...itFix.rar.html

Quoted because people tend to not read directions:

Quote:
Directions:
1. Put the exe inside your world of warcraft directory (example: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\)
2. Run the new .exe from your World of Warcraft directory inplace of WoW.exe to enable model changing (make sure you have your custom .MPQ setup)
3. The exe will open WoW.exe for you and you will be able to login.
4. After you've seen the swapped model, hit end and the program will close.

You may rename the .exe to anything you want
NOTE: You will need to update this exe every time blizzard makes a patch, as they tend to break it. The updates are usually posted in that topic, but may be stickied in another topic on that forum. You may also want to remove any custom mpq's you've put into your data folder before you patch, as sometimes the patch eats them and makes them part of WoW's mpq's. Then it's a real pain in the ass to get them out without reinstalling.

ANOTHER NOTE: You may also want to download something along the lines of process guard and remove permissions from WoW.exe to read files, and then set the exe you downloaded (whatever you may have renamed it to) as unable to be read by other programs. This will help protect you against blizzard's warden scanning it. Yes this it technically against the ToS, but if you block WoW with processguard, blizzard will be none the wiser. (Although if you don't use processguard, they can't really tell anyway, but it's better safe than sorry, no?)

To clarify #4, Once you've logged into the game completely (passed the character screen), you tab over to the exe, and press the "end" key on your keyboard to shut it down. The model change sticks until you either close the game or logout, which then you'll have to run the exe again to start WoW.

This post has most race conversions, though there are some missing, and they can be found in other posts, again, search :)
http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...nversions.html

This one is full mostly of mount model changes, like the phoenix, netherdrake (and epic version) etc.
http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...osfiarmus.html

If you want to make your own model edits, there are a load of step-by-step guides here:
http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...st-readme.html

Feel free to scan any of the files listed!
If you have any questions, I could try to answer them, but you'd probably be better off asking (or better yet, reading around on the mmowned forums or another site you may find that had guides for model editing). I haven't really gotten into actually editing models like I had with FFXI, I've mostly only done file switching with mpqs, but I can still try to help~

**I'm not the author of any of the files listed, nor do I take credit for anything (guides,files). Also, I'm not responsible if you break your computer, WoW installation, or get yourself banned, and neither is anyone but yourself :) Do it at your own risk

**edit** Hey, I've posted at least 2 other things here :( 1 post my arse
**edit** There was a patch today, so I changed the link to the exe that allows you to load custom mpq's. The one in the first post in the link didn't work for me afterwards.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #3
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,588 Times in 3,421 Posts

haha depends where that psot was!

and dam says those sites are down ;;
Old 07-10-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
nenechan
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

They are usually up, but they drop offline for a minute or two every now and then from traffic I guess? They were up when I posted that 15 minutes ago :(

**edit** They seem to be working now, although I got a database error while trying to load one of the pages. It worked after I refreshed it though \o/
Old 07-10-2007, 01:48 PM   #5
Herterich
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Anyone know if theres a Human Female>Undead female model change.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMORPG's » General WoW Talk Forum