Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 07-16-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default WTF

wow.... I have no idea how this happened, but almost every single Elvaan NPC in Sandoria now looks like this.... Reminds me of a nightmare before christmas on acid
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_20070716_120935_140.png
Views:	128
Size:	451.2 KB
ID:	12678  
Old 07-16-2007, 04:05 PM   #2
kigsunama
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Race Converter happened
Old 07-16-2007, 06:59 PM   #3
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

aahhh I see... didint realize I did anything that saved, thanks so much so if I delete Race Converter will it fix it?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:47 PM   #4
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Wardrobe never does that for me. >_>
Maybe you put a DAT where one shouldn't of been?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #5
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Race converter not wardrobe.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #6
kigsunama
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Well be sure to change everything back before you delete Race converter or it'll stay that way
Old 07-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #7
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Oh man I try to go in and reset all, and nothing happens... I guess I can try a little more, but is it looking like I am going to have to reinstall ffxi, or replace the entire elvaan dats in game >.< That will teach me to fool around with things I dont know for sure about
Old 07-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #8
kigsunama
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Nah that happens to me when I change races around.. You switched Elvaan M to Elvaan F? or other way around.. Nothing you can do about NPC's they will do that Just change races back if you dont like it.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:27 PM   #9
tblomega
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

when i was building my dat pack & testing i saw this sevral times. it happens when ever a dat not ment for somewhere get there. eg mithra dat in a elvann spot ect. if you want to fix this i would copy your back ups over your ffxi install. my undo pack might help you a bit with this but i didnt find many elvann f dats for my xxx pack & my undo pack only has the SE dat's my xxx pack replaces. best bet is if you have some back ups.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:50 PM   #10
Frostblind
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

definitely race converter trying to make an animation happen that doesnt exist, because of race difference.

I happen to enjoy the twisted tree people, when i get them.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:11 AM   #11
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Wow... I followed the guide from http://ffxi.darkwinter.net/archives/00000034.htm to try to reset to defaults and now I cant even get ffxi to load.... I highly reccomend no one use this program unless they are 100% sure of what there doing because it just killed my ffxi it seems.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:38 AM   #12
tblomega
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

im just gonna suggest if u backed up ur entire ffxi deirectory now would be the time to paste it back if you havent now would be the time to reload from your disks & remember to make back ups.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:43 AM   #13
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

yeah... thats what Im doing now. Grabbed all my favorite .dats and doing a fresh install. Lord only knows how long re-installing ffxi zm cop toau and all updates will take. Maybe tomarrow about this time I can play again! Well on a good note, when I first started messing around with dats I didnt back up anything, so all the dats I havent seen in years Ill be able to see again!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:28 AM   #14
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

That stand alone race converter is significantly different then the plugin that was for windower. The plugin (also wardrobe) only affect your character.. they have no "say" on the appearance of the NPCs.

Unless that program doesn't either.. but you said all your NPCs.. does it do it to PCs that match the same "criteria" of the NPCs? If so, I would have to say some sort of animation DAT got either removed or moved on your system to cause that "world-wide" epidemic.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #15
Nakate
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

This isn't that horribly complicated an issue, really. What race converter does is systematically go through your dats and replace the mithra files with elvaan, etc. My guess is the issue here is that most of the files were switched back, but not the skeletons. Each race's skeleton is usually in it's own file along with a few choice animations. The fix should be as simple as putting the correct skeleton back. VRS can tell you what file that is. I'd look it up myself, but I haven't gotten around to reinstalling VRS. If you ask me, though, the character in that image looks like a hume M, which would probably mean most of the hume M files are still in place, but the elvaan skeleton is there instead of hume M. If nothing else, putting in the hume M skeleton would tell me enough to be able to fix it the rest of the way.

However, since you said your files have now been screwed up and FFXI won't start, my guess is messing around deleted a file. Probably an equipment/skeleton/animation dat in the area you logged out in. Without knowing precisely what file is missing, though, you're kind of stuck reinstalling FFXI. A modelviewer may be able to help though. With luck a missing file error will show telling you exactly what's missing. You'd at least be able to see what's missing going by when it crashes... or doesn't show anything. I forget if it crashes if a file's missing. I know the process I'd do to fix it, but it's kind of hard to go through that process in text >.>

And this is why I don't use programs that switch dats for me. I don't trust em. If I don't do the switch myself, manually, it isn't going to get switched.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:41 PM   #16
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

eh I just uninstalled everything, reinstalled and then updated, took about 5 hours, but everythings back to normal. Ill just never stick my nose in places it doesent belong. However that does sound about what happened. I wanted to try to make my mithra look like a elvaan and since wardrobe isint working with the new update, tried it with race converter. Unfortunitly I screwed up something and yes it prob was skeletons. Oh well lesson leared, and I was able to update while sleeping so it worked out. Thanks for the help on how I screwed up so bad though!
Old 07-17-2007, 04:07 PM   #17
tblomega
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

now that u reinstalled & got everything runing create a new folder somewhere u can remember & name it something ull remember. now goto C:program files/playonline/square enix/ there should be a folder there named final fantasy XI. right click final fantasy xi & select copy. now goto your new folder & right click & hit paste. next time you make this mistake copy them from the new folder back to where i just told you. youll be back up in 5min instead of 5hrs.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:30 PM   #18
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

for sure, I learned my lesson everything is backed up just in case I screw up something again, staying up till 1am to uninstall, reinstall and then update ffxi is no fun at all.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #19
thekittenofterra
Forum Member

Wouldn't it be neat if SE sold a thumb drive or portable hard drive with it pre-installed? But then it would probably have some stupid copy protection to stop modders...

Still FFXI takes too long to download... maybe its because the PS2 version, or maybe its th fact that FFXI is around 8-9 Gigs when installed... at least we don't have to have the disk in the tray when playing it at least...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section