Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 07-27-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
TheStampede
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Request:

has anyone made a mithra outfit that looks similar to the outfit that Sesshomaru from Inuyasha wears?!??

I'd love to see a .dat for it
Old 07-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
Rayne
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Could you please post a picture? That way I and probably a few others would have an easier time in looking at our dat libraries when trying to find the one that you are looking for if it has already been made.

I can't recall what she looks like. Sorry.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
Mira_Kitty
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Haha, Sesshomaru (aka Fluffy) is actually a man :P
I used to be an Inuyasha maniac so I dredged up a pic of ol' Fluffers for ya. This one seems to show his outfit the best, looks like it would be a fun challenge for the great .dat modders here.
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #4
Rayne
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Ok from what I can tell I haven't seen one of these made before.

And for me trying to play with VRS and deal with the hell that would be the weights for this would probably kill me.

The image is pretty small and I've had to blow it up alot to try and see it clearly but it looks liek there is some pretty good texture in it to be used on a few other dats that are currently in existance.

It looks like a top can be cobbled together by someone with some VRS knowledge by using the following tops ( Saotome Domaru - for the armored parts of the chest and shoulder, The Kyudogi for the cloth pinning over the top but under the armor, and the Yukata with lengthened sleeves and belt.)

The pants can probably be done with just using white Nashira Seraweels and for the feet Usukane Sume-Ate seem to work well.

Unfortunately I'm more of a re-skin/texture artist. I can do a lot of manipulating using Metasequoia but I can't create a new dat from nothing nor do I know how to combine several models together to get the meshed appearance of what I'm describing above.

If anything I hope that I might have helped who ever decides to create the dat some help in finding base pieces to model off of instead of having to try and create from scratch.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:11 PM   #5
Shep
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

be interesting trying to sub /NIN with him. (he only has one arm)
Old 07-27-2007, 11:48 PM   #6
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Quote:
The image is pretty small and I've had to blow it up alot to try and see it clearly
This'll do better then.
http://www.freewebs.com/sessyobsessed/sesshomaru.jpg

I can't find ANY decent pictures from behind, but it's pretty much consistent with the front.
Quote:
be interesting trying to sub /NIN with him. (he only has one arm)
Techincally speaking, yes, but he takes another arm later.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

I moved this over to the dat request section.
Also, in the long run, Sesshomaru has one arm. There were a few arms he used for a little while, but he doesn't keep them. He fights pretty well with just his left hand though. :P

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section